IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 17: Hit a few balls at the range. Focused more on solid contact with my feels rather than real swing work. Still a little too off the toe for my taste. 

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 110.  Chipped for ten minutes (real balls, onto a real green, from grass), mostly with a friend's lob wedge (high bounce) that I'm borrowing to try.  I then putted, twice around the world for 3' (making all, re-doing until I make any given shot).  

Then I went to start protocol 2 for swing sticks.  Did full swings and the knees.

Then I went to putt from 6', same drill as from 3'.  I then tried some 30' putts, trying to make solid contact and also make the second putt.

I went back to the range to try to finish protocol 2 but didn't feel so good, so I went home.  Still a good practice session overall. 

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 405

Continuation of the game from yesterday.

Results were about the same though not one of the paired shots ended up at the final yardage hoped for.  Longest post pair round need was about 10 yards with most only missing by 5 or so yards.  I cannot complain about needing only a 10 yard or less chip.

7i also had better than expected loft and full direction..

Glad I finished before temp got to mid 90ºs.

• Upvote 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 313, August 23

Played 9 at a par 3 with my wife.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 4. 

20 shots full routine focusing on strike same as day 3 made a note of Topped  (T), thin (t), good (G), fat (f), Chunked (F). Then followed it up with 20 rating my routine again. I also used ‘the swing analyzer’ app with my watch and got some interesting data points. 

Day 5

Thunder and lightning, very, very frightening!  Thunderstorms forced me inside again, so I worked on getting into good positions with my weighted club.  Really working hard on my sequencing right so that I can strike through the ball with consistency.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 18: Played 18 holes with my own ball and 18 holes of scotch foursomes. Lot of fun, but a long day.

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

Day 406

Good day with the 4h. Averaged higher 80 speed with really solid loft. 

Finished a good number of them more to the left than I would have liked.  Still I would feel that 80-85% were solid enough that  I would not have felt anything but happy with the results.

Tomorrow I will add it to the game options of the past few days.

• Upvote 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 111.  Spent 45 minutes putting.  First did a 6' drill:  attempt every putt from the clockface drill.  Any I miss, mark.  Go around until I've made one from every position (not necessarily in a row).  Then I did the same drill again, but to a different hole.  Then I did it with 3' putts (still different hole), and that time it only took me 16 putts to drain all 12 (not great, but not as bad as it has been in the past).  Lastly, I hit some 30' 40' and 45' putts and played out the hole from there.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 10 

8/23/19

Played the back 9 at my local course. 

My play has improved considerably after taking 3 lessons and logging my practice on here.

I had 3 pars and 3 bad holes including a double, triple and quadruple bogey. My score was a 50 with 2 fairways hit and 2 GIR. 

• Upvote 1

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 5: 

Prepping for a special match today. 20-30 full swings full routine in the net. Going to play 9 holes on the home course with my best friend. We are trying to go low, playing from the forward tees. See how it goes, never played up before. 

Day 407

Return of the leg pull (slight but noticeable)

Today ended up being a few exercises, primarily focusing on shoulder turns and setting club position and grip setting.  I suspect (hope) to be back to my  singing life style tomorrow.

Day 6

Got to go out to the "swing lab" this afternoon and work on my contact.  It was nice to be outside and actually hit balls into the net.  I also was able to give a "lesson" to my sons, and as a teacher, I know that the best way to learn is to teach, so it was good for me to talk my way through my pre-shot routine, and my "back to target... face the target" swing thought.

After they went to bed, and before my wife got home from a birthday party with our daughters, I was able to spend about ten minutes with my weighted golf club and work on positions and release.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 19: Played 18 again. Shot another 80. Meh.

-- Daniel

Day 112.  Today was a gym day, and I did the medicine ball drill as part of it.  I am generally unhappy with how many of my "long game" practices have amounted to something other than hitting balls lately. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 11

8/24/19

Chipping with my SW, PW and 9i. On the Hole19 app I found a beta feature that lists practice exercises. 

I normally use Golf Pad to record my scores and had Hole19 installed previously just to check it out. It seems worth it to leave it installed just for the driving range exercises.

Chipping: Hit the square

Created a square with 4 clubs 5 yards away. Chipped 12 balls and counted those that landed inside the square.

3/12 landed

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 7

I got to go outside and hit balls into the net today, but with an extra bit of pressure.  My kids were riding scooters around me, and their game became: "stop beside the net and wait while daddy hits a shot."  Of course, this turned into a giggle-fest.  It did give me an opportunity to get into my pre-shot routine and think my swing thoughts with lots of distractions around me.  When I managed to keep my routine and thoughts on point, I made really solid contact.  When I didn't, I struggled.

Also did some work with the kettlebell, lat pull-downs, etc.

Day 315, August 25

Worked on tempo hitting into my net with 7 iron and driver.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave