IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 28: Full swing mirror work today. Firming my feels with my little move off the ball and my soft wrists in transition.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 19

9/2/19

Putted from 5'-6' distance.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 121.  Hit left-handed sand wedge shots, off a mat, into a net, indoors.  Hit about a dozen, plus practice swings.  Half and quarter swings.  Got several of each airborne. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 324, Sept 3

Played 18 by myself for the first time at Winnepaug CC in Westerly, RI. Winnepaug is native Narragansett for “goat track with poison ivy”. Half the course had OB on one side of the fairway and lots of places to lose a ball. Weird dog legs and pinched fairways with lots of GUR areas. It was a Donald Ross design, but he must have been drunk when he set it up. Won’t play here again.

Other than that, I had fun and did a lot of short game practice while waiting to hit. Beautiful day. Didn’t do too bad scoring in the mid 80s.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 416

I have decided I need to make sure all is in order before the first swing with a club..  On the course, I cannot make "I'm not fully warmed up" excuses.

So before I even left for the range, I fully warmed up with my physical exercises.  By the time I cot to the range, I felt a good relaxed feeling but full of energy.

I decided to begin with the 3h.  The biggest gain today was no thin shots.  Good to excellent lofts.

At first, I was getting ball speed more on the lower range., by the time I got to my 15th shot, I was in the mid to upper 90s.

It is amazing, to some extent, how much thinking before an activity, can quickly correct problems.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 16

Got in late and had to swing the weighted club again.  I swung it as slowly as I could for several minutes, focusing on getting into the correct positions.  After that, I swung it at half speed ten times before ramping up to ten times at full speed.  Then I took another 25 swings with my seven iron.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 20

9/3/19

More putting indoors tonight since it's wet outside. I worked on sinking 3' putts. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 29: Went to the range for about an hour. Spent about 30 minutes working on my long game, just focusing on starting the ball the same way and curving it the same way. Mostly really good. Then went and worked on shorter putts for half an hour. Decent session.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 122.  Left-handed quarter and half shots again, indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.  Many airborne, a few crisp.  Not sure what this means for my regular swing, but when I have to hit left handed, at least I now know I can (with a left-handed club at least).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 417

After 10 minutes with driver, 3h. and 6i, I was off to a quick 9 hole before Satan arrived to heat things up.

Hit a fair 45, with 4 strokes due to penalty (OB and a splasher) and a rather comical sand trap event.  My true amateur nature came through on that one!

16 putts, 5 FIR, 3 GIR. Average with the driver was 200+, hybrids played well.

Big take away is that I rushed myself the last few holes to finish before the furnace kicked in.  Last time I played this 9 I shot a 52, so I went to obtain more coffee with a smile.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 17

Another late night, another session with the weighted club.  Did fifty swings, the first twenty of which were slow and focused on proper positions.  After that, I swung another twenty-five times with my seven iron.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 325, Sept 4

Pitching in the yard for about 10 minutes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 16:

Worked on strike location with full routine for each shot into the net. Really tried to take some off the extreme toe & heel as well to help dial in that sweet spot feel. Coming along.

Day 123.  Meant to do this yesterday (meaning, I wish yesterday's practice had been this too).  

Went to nearby course for an hour of practice.  Spent 20 minutes chipping and pitching with my new-to-me LW.  I cannot yet do the "chipping with a putting motion" with it yet, but my SW one only goes maybe 10 yards on a long "putt," so I'm fine with that.

I then spent 40 minutes on the putting green (yes, still an emergency).  Did the "make one from every number on the clock" from 6' and from 4', then hit a few putts from 15' and from 35' for longer speed control (did not try to sink one from each of those distances, I'd still be there).

On a related note, LW is fun. I think I didn't like my first one as much because I didn't know what I was doing 12 years ago.  Now at least I have an idea what to do.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 21

9/4/19

Full swing mirror work.

-Craig-

In my bag:

Day 326, Sept 5

Did a long practice at the range. Worked on set up and alignment with irons and woods. Too much forward shaft lean at address equal over draw. Also focused on the ball. When I keep focus on the ball, contact is better. 

Finished with sand and short game work. Did sand first again focusing on set up. Then finished with an around the world game with six balls to one pin location putting balls in rough, fairway sand and trying to get close within my handicap in distance. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 418

I took the day to work slowly with the three wedges.

After physical warm-ups, I got ready by some short gentle swings using my 50º with my feet together.  This allowed me to concentrate a bit more on the rest of the swing motion.  When the time came to begin the smacking of the spheres, I was nice and loose.

All the wedges performed well.  I may not have gotten all the distance expected, but they were close.  Direction was better, even though I still tend to finish a bit to the right.

For the longer wedge shots, using my 50º, I was keeping it well into the 100 yard target areas.  I made sure to keep my swing active yet not over powering as to loose a lot in total.  I then tried a few gentler partial swing for shots between 50 and75 yards. Mostly good though I did hit a very ugly thin shot.

54º was good, though I still "over ran" a few well beyond where I hoped they would have stopped.

60º was the best overall as to what I tried to do.

I am saving the sand trap shots for this weekend when slightly cooler weather will be upon us.

Edited by DrMJG