IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

I am posting this only as a reminder. I practice, or play everyday. Just don't see the need post about it every day.

Anyway the reminder is this. When on the d-range, using the various flags/marker, visually make yourself a fairway to land balls in. Don't use the entire width of the d-range. 

I did d-range work this morning. I hit about 80 balls or so. Whatever a large basket iis. 

I set up next to the right side perimeter fence, with the 150 yard marker for my left side fairway. 

As I meandered through my bag, hitting balls off both a tee, and the turf, my goal was to land balls in my make shift fairway. That fairway was probably 25-30 yards wide. Our locacal courses have fairways a little wider than that. 

I kept quite a few balls in play. Some not so playable, being outside of my fairway boundries. 

Eveything was full swings. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 23 - January 22, 2020

Today was a loooooooong day getting Analyzr 3.0 out the door and doing the basic work on the site to get it to 3.0 status.

While waiting for some compiles, some uploads, on Apple to issue the notarization… I hit some putts focusing on the way my wrists worked.

So… not full swing, for the first time in awhile.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 50
Planemate arrived so did day 1 drills of 7 day protocol. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day   18

Work in sand traps. Used both 56º and 60º to get out of various trap settings. I was ale to get out of of deep sand near a lip and harder sand more out of fairway lies.  Happy with the height of the shots and the decision of which club to use when

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 14.  Several times throughout the day, hit balls in the practice room.  I was WFH this morning, and there was at least one full 5 minute period with proper practice swings to go with it. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 15, January 23 2020.  Warmed up with some full swings (indoors, off a mat, into a net) and then did Speed Stix outdoors (patio, no ball, but radar).  Protocol one, got to 108 with the final green swing -- that's good for me, for now.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 24 - January 23, 2020

Full swing practice with the PlaneMate today.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 51
Planemate day 1 drills of 7 day protocol again. 

-Peter

Day 19

I finally  am very happy with my settings on my Ping 410+.  I am getting very consistent loft, distance and dispersion..20 shots all landed within 10' of each other.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 52
Moved on to Planemate day 2 drills of 7 day protocol (1 armed swings). Then repeated day 1 Planemate drills but only 15 balls instead of 30. Then 10 balls with driver (no Planemate) just for fun. 

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 25 - January 24, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Another day at home. I'll be downtown again tomorrow. PlaneMate transition stuff today. I don't "love" it for that, I think it's better at the other two main things, but it's "okay," and feeling it stay slack makes you confident the club is well to the inside.

Day 16, January 24 2020.  Putting over the aluminum yardstick this evening after work.  Longest streak:  7 in a row, all 36" (at speed to go at least twice that far).

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 53
Planemate 7-day protocol, repeat day 2 drills and also did day 3 drills. 

-Peter

Day 20

Mostly 50º work, trying to keep it from too much deviation from line. I dis top tracker and while I would have wised for better average distance (87.5 yards) I was never more than 3' off center line. Some of the best beer for me!

• Administrator

Day 26 - January 25, 2020

20 partial swing 8-irons and some time putting with Nat. I might actually take a few days off on the full swing and work on some putting because it felt… a bit off. I also might not have been caring or trying; I tend to get distracted by helping her instead of actually paying attention to what I was doing.

The 8Is were about 3/4, with punchy follow-throughs. I could feel when the club would tip out/over a bit early and the ball would go left.

Day 17:  January 25, 2020.  On my way out the door this morning (yes, really) I took the five minutes to take some practice swings and hit some balls (real balls, one whiffle at one point) at my indoor practice area. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Day 27 - January 26, 2020

Did some transition work at some speed today with a 6I. Feelings focused on the right hand/palm and how it would have to go to hit the ball. Initial shots were high and right or low and left, until I blended it into transition+impact and then shots were a good height and straight-ish.

Day  21

Worked hard with my 50º wedge. Lately I have not been satisfied.  So it was off to the top tracker:

averages

ball speed of 88

launch angle 26.4

backspin 5474

sidespin left  3521

carry 86

total yards 92.5

Not sure how I should take these timers, but to my eye, I got solid distance and a deviation average of +/- 6 yards.  Strikes felt good, and all seemed better than usual.