IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 22, January 30 2020.  Speed Stix in the evening out back, protocol 1.  On that final swings with the green stick, hit 110 mph, first time this go-around to do so.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been doing 10 min at a time with a yellow ball practice stick. Also an indoor putting green . I recently discovered & tried Bobby Locke method of putting . I have a distinctive arc in my putting stroke. So I have been stroking the ball a little more towards the toe. I feel the weight in the  club head and it's very freeing . Been making more putts especially inside 10 ft.

Day 26

As with yesterday, a packed schedule allowed for only some Orange Whip work and about 25 minutes of mirror work Tomorrow will be a round so will be active.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 32 - January 31, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Did some mirror work in taking a break from doing some cleaning of the craft room.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 59

Did day 7 of the Planemate 7-day protocol. Day 7 video didn’t really explain any drills but said to take the band off and hit some shots without it. I did 15 balls with day 6 protocol technique and then another 30 with no band. Backswing felt bizarre without the Planemate band connected 🤔 but swing plane was solid, with good shallowing move, and no flipping. Thinned a few but otherwise solid contact on almost all balls. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Added a word

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I've been doing 10 min at a time with a yellow ball practice stick. Also an indoor putting green . I recently discovered & tried Bobby Locke method of putting . I have a distinctive arc in my putting stroke. So I have been stroking the ball a little more towards the toe. I feel the weight in the  club head and it's very freeing . Been making more putts especially inside 10 ft.

Did 10 min nerf balls w my sandwedge..

Also free swings w my yellow ball head training device 

Day 23, January 31 2020.  After work, 15 minutes in the practice room, slow swings (rehearsal and hit a ball, mostly the fake ones) to calm down after a long day.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 27

Good practice prior to the round. The was true for 6i, 7i, and driver.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 33 - February 1, 2020

Bunch of 7-irons and three 3-irons at the end. I have to make sure I don't do what I want to do late in the backswing. That's bad.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 24, February 1 2020.  20 minutes of practice this evening;  some putting (ruler drill, missed more right than I'd like, but only one left) and some 6-iron swings.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 60

15 balls with a 7-iron, focusing on not rolling club open during take away. 

-Peter

20 minutes doing physical exercises that were golf related.

Day 61

Hit 30 balls with 7-iron after my round today. Worked on not rolling the club open during take away. Felt like about 75% speed swings.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 34 - February 2, 2020

Ten minutes (at least five, maybe not ten) with the VRII irons that I just re-shafted. Some 7-irons, a few 5-irons. Trying to wait until late transition to feel the right palm going up.

Day 25, February 2, 2020.  Putting on the carpet, real balls, ruler drill from LSW.  At one point I got 14 in a row!  Speed to get them at least 4' past the ruler (then they hit a box which keeps them from hitting the wall).  Focusing on setup -- standing consistent distance away, etc.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 62

Hit 15 balls with a 7-iron after work. Last round still struggling with open face at impact, resulting in big pushes/push fades/push slice. Not rolling the face open during takeaway has helped a little bit but still not solved. One of my notes from my last lesson was that my rotation is stalling, and I think that working this out might be the key to eliminating the right miss. So did multiple very slow rehearsals before each ball. Ball seemed to hit the center of the net, but without ball flight visual feedback, not sure where the face is. Lesson scheduled for 2/8, so if all else fails, I'll know soon enough how to fix this.

-Peter

23 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Day 62

Hit 15 balls with a 7-iron after work. Last round still struggling with open face at impact, resulting in big pushes/push fades/push slice. Not rolling the face open during takeaway has helped a little bit but still not solved. One of my notes from my last lesson was that my rotation is stalling, and I think that working this out might be the key to eliminating the right miss. So did multiple very slow rehearsals before each ball. Ball seemed to hit the center of the net, but without ball flight visual feedback, not sure where the face is. Lesson scheduled for 2/8, so if all else fails, I'll know soon enough how to fix this.

In winter I use nerf balls inside ..it helps me see trajectory..

I use to slice when I first started out ...now I draw the ball ...once in awhile if i have a dog leg right I may slice slightly...but intentionally and sometimes if I'm over zealous I may hook one...but for the most part I'm hitting 5/7,fairways. 

I suggest -● 1st check your grip ( pro teacher video) much different to draw vs fade.

● take a slightly  closed stance

● BP center w neutral shaft (straight up & down ) dont shut the face 

● hit wedges first ( easier to hit ) go through all your wedges ...slight closed stance ..until 90% of the shots go straight or a slight draw

Next thr 9i &,8i when all is well w those clubs try the 7i continue to go through the bag. 

Plz let me know if this helps

Best to you