IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 18 - Worked on my PP a bit and filmed it. It was not as good as yesterday so more work to be done.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 3:

I did a bunch of stuff today. 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there.

I worked on putting focusing on the bead... that seems to be improving incidentally. 

Later in the day I worked on speed. Not bad.

Later in the day I did all my footwork drills without the club.

Just now I did 5 minutes of position work with the club. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Day 80 - March 18, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Played 12 holes today (12 goes back toward the clubhouse and is a good stopping point). Added a birdie to my list.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Worked on my PP a bit and filmed it. 

The number of ways that this sounds wrong boggles the mind.

I probably should know this, but when you say "your PP" what are you talking about?

Day 24: Did a superspeed session.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 65.  Off-and-on, with a dedicated 10 minute session this evening, 8-iron mostly, indoors, off a mat, into a net.  Not happy with how I hit today, might be because I had blue jeans instead of slacks (does that affect movement?)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

10 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

The number of ways that this sounds wrong boggles the mind.

I probably should know this, but when you say "your PP" what are you talking about?

Chet, 

Imagination is a wonderful thing. Get yours out of the bathroom!!!!!:-P

PP= Priority Piece. It is the single focus item instructors give us to work on for our lessons. If we try to do too many things, then the results can be slower to attain. So this one piece is my priority to work on until I get it down. Then we move on.

In my case, my instructor wants me to bow my wrist (palmar flexion) a bit at transition to flatten the shaft angle and keep it bowed toward impact. This will get the shaft lean at impact a slight bit more forward and steepen my attack angle with irons. I was coming in a bit shallow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 19 - Wet gloomy day. Did the PlaneMate conditioning protocol and then some core work 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 104 (missed Wednesday 3/18)

Did some driver work, focusing on same things as before, quiet hips and grip.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 4

SuperSpeed Training. 

All I got in today were my SuperSpeed Drills and some stretching. 

• Administrator

Day 81 - March 19, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Worked downtown on the full swing after a long lesson. Full swing work, bump, steep, fall, out.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 25: Did mirror work. Working on getting steeper on the backswing again. 

-- Daniel

Day 20 - Worked on palmar flexion at A4.5 again. Not looking quite as good as the last session but on the right track.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 82 - March 20, 2020

Cleaned out the entire garage, power washed the floor and walls, windows… etc. Threw out or recycled or gave away a ton of stuff.

Then putted for a few minutes inside the house while watching a little TV and waiting for dinner to cook.

Day 5-

Full swing practice with a 7 iron in the basement. Basically, trying to incorporate the footwork drills I've been doing without a club into my swings WITH a club. 

Day 26: Putted a little bit with my new Edel putter. I think I'm in love.

-- Daniel

Day 105

Mirror work in the patio for and tried out some of the focus points from my last lesson with fairway wood.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 6 -

My wife kids and I just spent about an hour playing "Mini-Golf" in our house. We set up "holes" all over the house. Kids had a blast, I worked on my putting (at least a bit). The difference between the speed of the "green" in the kitchen vs the Den was impressive. Ha! It was good family fun. I recommend it, especially if you have kids and you are in lock-down.