IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 101 - April 8, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Some mirror work today. Man, it'd be nice to be able to play golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 123

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge day 8 putting drills. Also wanted to make some full swing work so used a 4-hybrid to repeat the COVID-19 day 5 drills first with 10 balls, then 10 more balls with a full swing. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

More grip work;  placing hands carefully on the club, slow swing back, on downswing checking positions at A5 and A6, seeing that the clubface isn't anywhere near as bad as it was a few days ago, to impact, rewind to A6, then forward to hit.  Off a mat, into a net, combination of whiffle foam and real golf balls.  6-iron.  Really aching to get back to the other COVID drills from Erik but I felt this was a priority. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 40 - Got out before the rain to practice this morning.

1. Warmed up with partial wedges.
  2. Then I worked on driver center face contact. I will keep doing this one. At first, I was all over the place. But then with some focus on set up, I can do much better.
  3. Moved onto my priority piece drill with driver and 6 irons for about 15 minutes.
  4. Worked then on chips and pitches in the yard to replicate course conditions. Used the feels from the COVID drills for that.
  5. Finished with the Day 9 COVID drills before it started raining.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 102 - April 9, 2020

Some mirror work today. It snowed briefly. 😛

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 8 - COVID challenge Day 9 plus grip, slow takeaways with focus on Club head back, hands in x 2-3 mins with 7i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 46: Did the COVID-19 practice drill, then hit balls for about 15 minutes into my net. Also putted a bit while on some calls.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 4.  I think I'm done re-doing the 2020April drills' day 4 drill (video about to be posted to that thread) in the short term, having made the improvement I need.  Going to aim to catch up with the thread.

Today was that drill, several times, including video. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 124

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge day 9 arm speed drills. Did this twice because it felt like good exercise. Also tested out my newly assembled irons by hitting 5 balls with 4-GW. No heads flew off, so pleased with that. Today was meant to be a superspeed day as well but the COVID-19 challenge was enough golf related core workout for one day. 

-Peter

Day 9 - COVID Day 10 two-step drill plus my priority piece and grip reinforcement 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 41 - Day 10 COVID drills the. Worked on my priority piece with driver and 6 iron. Finished with chipping and pitching.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 103 - April 10, 2020

Some mirror work today, again. Looking to get back to full swings soon.

Day 47: Did the flow drill for a bit. Then hit a few balls, focusing on minimizing that flow.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 125

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge day 10 drills, and a superspeed session.

-Peter

Day 42- Did the Day 11 putting drill. Later worked a bit in my priority piece.  Then worked on center face contact with driver and six iron. Finished with chips and pitching. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 104 - April 11, 2020

Muscle strain still not really fully healed, but I could make some swings at about 70% speed. More than the other day, and more comfortable doing so.

Day 10: COVID challenge Day 11, putting pendulums x 45 mins on a putting green.

the pendulum method definitely was giving me more predictable putting distances, but my ability to adapt my pendulum length to match putt distance and slope (uphill, downhill) was less than stellar. But, all things in time. This was a good learning experience and I hope to make this a part of my game

-Jonny

Day 126

Did some work in daylight with a 7-iron, working on adding a trigger and tiny bit of flow back into my swing, while also focusing on making a full turn, which I get in the habit of cheating. A full turn for me is when I start to feel a bit of tension in my trail glute and hamstring, so I made a couple rehearsal back swings to feel this before a swing with a ball. After it got too dark, I went inside and did the COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge day 11 putting drills in my living room. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Day #

-Peter