IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 75: Went to the driving range and hit balls for about 35 minutes. Was not great ... shanking the shit out of the ball. Nothing that normally works to fix that was working. Back to the drawing board there. Also putted for about 10 minutes, just trying to get a feel for the new putter.

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 131 - May 8, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Some pitching work (the mats were a bit too crowded). I struggle sometimes off mud and want to get better at those types of shots. We have too many of them early in the year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 153

Did some more grip experimenting with a 7-iron. Worked a bit on driver slow speed swing mapping. Reviewed some video from 5 month old lessons and worked on some of those things. Played around with tripod and phone mount to get set up to record some swings. Brainstormed on how to get some alignment lines on my hitting mat. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 38 - swing mapping with focus on PP & transition at top x 10mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 70 - worked a bit on swinging out more from A4. I caught myself regressing a bit in yesterday’s round and had a lot of pulled shots. Once I realized what I was doing, things improved. Also worked on short chips and pitches. I had three green side ones and I haven’t been practicing those.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 132 - May 9, 2020

Full swing work for ten minutes in the mirror listening to a podcast. and five minutes putting in the hallway upstairs. The slight break at the one end of the hall is SO frustrating. You literally can't hit the one vertical part of the door jamb without hitting the ball at a non-hole-able speed.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 76: Mirror work today. Checking my head movement in the mirror, looked fine to me. Making sure my flow off the ball wasn't too much as well.

-- Daniel

On 5/9/2020 at 8:40 AM, woodzie264 said:

Day 38 - swing mapping with focus on PP & transition at top x 10mins

Day 39 - same. Hit 20 balls afterwards at half speed

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 154

Skipped yesterday (Saturday 5/9). Just needed a mental break from focusing on my golf swing so much.

Played 18 today. Worked on an older feel for driver and I was really tattooing the ball off the tee, including a 424-yard drive (aided by hitting downhill and firm conditions, but might have been the best drive I’ve ever hit). Unfortunately the same feel doesn’t work great for irons, so I struggled to forget the feel when hitting approach shots and thinned more shots than usual.

-Peter

Day 77: Did a superspeed session. Added 6 swings with my driver to that (3 from each side).

-- Daniel

Day 72 - Worked on swinging out again today with Driver, 3W, 7-PW and 54. Filmed both DTL and FO. It is looking pretty good. We will see how it translates to the course tomorrow. Also tweaked set up and pre-shot to help emphasize the feel. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 5/10/2020 at 12:31 PM, woodzie264 said:

Day 39 - same. Hit 20 balls afterwards at half speed

Day 40 - same. Gonna be the same for a few weeks now.  Slower swings with focus on PP (club head back and up), slight pause at the top, slow transition and 1/2 speed downswing.  I do this 10 times followed up by 20 balls doing the exact same thing. 

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 134 - May 11, 2020

Practiced the full swing with mirrors, etc. indoors between my 10am and 5:15pm lessons today.

Day 78: did mirror work today. Working on reducing my move off the ball still. 

-- Daniel

Day 155

Scattered storms today so did some swing mapping indoors, as well as some putting.

-Peter

Day 41- swing mapping x 8-10mins with focus on bringing the club back & up, then initiating the downswing with hip bump forward and swinging to outside

-Jonny

Day 73 - Played 9 at the local muni. Decided to warm up at home because the course is 10 minutes from my house. It was very windy, steady 15-20 with 30 mph gusts. Not too cold though. Shot a 42.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 135 - May 12, 2020

Played 18 holes at Whispering Woods. I'd post, but you know, GG… 😛