IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 195

Relaxing day today. A little indoor putting, some swing mapping, and maybe 10-20 balls off a mat. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 2    Stayed in today.  However, worked quite a while on my pivot... with several different drills.  For example, using a club across my chest rotating so my left shoulder gets under my chin, and following through so I come up on my right toe.

• Administrator

Day 175 - June 21, 2020

Played 18 holes at Cranberry Highlands with @Hardspoon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 196

Played 18 - driver all out of sorts so got something to work on this week in practice. 

-Peter

Day 20 - 6/18/20

Practiced chipping from 5, 7 and 10 feet away

Day 21 - 6/19/20

Played 9 holes at winding ridge GC shot a 41

Day 22 - 6/20/20

Played 18 holes at Aarowhead GC shot a 93

Day 23 - 6/21/20

Practiced chipping from 10 and 15 feet away.

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Day 7 

A continuation of practicing iron shots with full swings into the net with a 9i,7i and 6i. I was trying to strike the ball solid, but am not making good progress.

I'm going to make a video when the weather gets better this week and post in the my swing section. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 6.  Ruler drill (real balls, on carpet) for putting.  Focused on pendulum and also grip -- caught myself alternating finger down the shaft and not during my last round, had to look up which was right afterward, and want to make sure I stick with that.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 113 - Worked on my PP with 6 iron and Driver for about 30 minutes. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 176 - June 22, 2020

Practiced at Chautauqua between lessons. Just some irons, and adding a tiny bit of "compression" on the transition/downswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 24 - 6/22/20

Practice hitting flatballs off outdoor mat with my 8 and 9 irons. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Day 7.  My latest evolvr priority piece involves setup, so I am taking my setup, checking it, and stopping.  I've done at least one batch of five minutes consecutive for this.  Since I am not at home, I can't use my home practice facility that would allow me to take a swing from the new setup.  At the moment, I'm mostly looking to get into it, take the club back a little, and repeat. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 197

A little mirror work on hip turn in backswing. Hit a few balls too. Ordered some fake balls to hit driver in my yard to get some video of driver swing. 

-Peter

Day 25 - 6/23/20

Practice hitting flatballs off outdoor mat with my 7 irons. 

-- Robert

Day 114 - Range today. Started with the Mac drill and then worked on set up and alignment with full and partial swings. Finished with short game work and sand shots. It was pretty warm and humid. Ended up wearing my rain gloves due to the sweat and that was with cooling sleeves.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8.  Setup and starting backswing.  The former is my priority piece, the latter is so it doesn't feel isolated.  Plan is tomorrow at the range so I can see the effect of what I'm doing.  

-- Michael | My swing!