IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 12

Putting indoors to a target 3' away. I worked on stance, alignment and the takeaway. 

I also eliminated the finger down the shaft at the start of this year after reading through the thread below. It was uncomfortable at first, but the most noticeable difference in putting has been lag putts 20'+ are consistently closer and reducing 3 putts.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 181 - June 27, 2020

Putted in the basement after fulfilling some LSW orders. Lotta driving today so I might not be able to practice later, though Natalie will.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 12.  Range session in the morning.  8-iron and 6-iron, priority piece was emphasized.  Took a few full speed swings and video of two of them to send to see if I'm doing the desired change right (at least, if I am in the right direction).  Also did some putting, 4', 12', 30', focusing on making sure my stroke was with my shoulders (as desired) and not my hands (as I had fallen back into recently).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 13

I hit balls into the net with my 5i, 9i and 5w. I swung once with a club and then rotated to the next.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 201

More backswing stuff. Feel is to almost be looking down my back to make sure I’ve done a full turn. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 40 - Incorporated the club into the helicopter drill instead of holding it across my shoulders. This is nice because I can continue focusing on my grip, as I feel it’s regressed a bit lately. 

Day 118 and 119 - Played 18 two days in a row with @billchao and @jamo. We walked Saturday in the pouring rain at Keney Park in Hartford . Had he back nine to ourselves. They helped me work on some green side pitching techniques.

Sunday, played Fox Hopyard again. They helped me work on alignment on the tee with my driver to help me stop hooking. I’ll need to work on that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 14

Mirror work where I was mainly working on clearing the right side for the takeaway and backswing.

-Craig-

In my bag:

Day 202

Played a terrible 18 holes today. Pretty much mailed it in after 5 holes and just goofed around.

Edit: buddy I was playing with pointed out on several shots that I was aiming significantly right of target - of course he pointed this out after the fact, but duly noted for next round to be more deliberate about alignment to my target.

Afterward at home I did some mirror work with backswing and also filmed a couple swings to send to my instructor for the lesson I have scheduled in a week. 

Edited by Darkfrog
Content added

-Peter

Yesterday was day 12;  today (6/28) I didn't practice or play.  I was going to play, but I was kept awake last night sneezing.  So instead I bought a new car today, as the lack of rest plus evident allergy problems (not something I usually experience) made me believe I wouldn't enjoy the round, and I wasn't scheduled with anyone.  I do not plan to buy a car every time I miss practice/play.  Anyway, it was a happy birthday, but sadly one without any golf.  Will resume the challenge via day 13 tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 27 - 6/27/20

Played 7 holes at Winding Ridge GC before a rainstorm came in.

Day 28 - 6/28/20

Practice putting indoors from 3 and 6 feet away

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Day 29 - 6/29/20

Practiced chipping from 5, 10 and 15 feet away. Also hit some flatballs off the mat.

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Day 13.  Spent 20 minutes total (with a break in between) hitting 8-irons and 6-irons.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, mostly real balls (a few foam first).  Slow practice swings without a ball, then slow practice backswing and start of downswing with a ball, then rest and hit.

Focus was on setup, as per latest evolvr lesson.  Next club match is on Sunday.  Gonna do some cramming of short game in the coming days.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 15

Indoor putting on the carpet from <5 feet.

-Craig-

In my bag:

Day 203

Superspeed workout and some mirror work with backswing. 

-Peter

Day 121 - Took yesterday off. Today I went to the range and worked on set up and alignment.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave