IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 7:

My right shoulder is really starting to feel good again!!!  Oh the real joy that comes from pain leaving the body.

OK -  i got in a really good 26 minute session today.  i worked up a great sweat and felt so healthy for the first time since 2017!  i am typing this now with minimal to no pain.  My neck will always be an issue for a source of pain.  With continued physcial therapy i can manage it without pain meds.

Ok the work out:

Opened with stretching my hamstrings, back, shoulders and neck.  As i go forward i will continue to add more stretching exercises.

While swinging i used the izzo swing trainer band and i have markings on the floor for alignment aid.

Next 10 swings with my sklz tempo grip trainer - really focused on inside out swing path as i have been coming outside in lately with my Driver.   

Stretching routine

Swing drill to work on hitting up with the Driver - really worked on exploding thru - 10 swings with this

10 swings with the sklz gold flex - but i placed a mark on the floor about 1 foot behind the ball mark on the floor. Started my swing at that point behind the ball to help get rid of the outside in and sky balls that showed up this past weekend with the Driver

Stretching

did a set of 10 cross arm swings

did a set of 10 with my sklz temp grip trainer

Stretching

did a drill set of 10 to hit up with the Driver -

did a set of 10 with my sklz golf flex starting out at the mark 1 foot behind the ball

stretched

set of ten cross arm swinging

set of 10 baseball swings with the sklez golf flex.  when i focus on the gold flex straight out in front of me bring is back, go thru the swing and then swing from left to right.  i do this for core strength and really get after it,  

Planning on taking my wife and any family to the Clubs Practice facility tonight as well.  I will be doing drills for my Driver as well as wedges.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 3: Played 18 holes.  Focused on smooth and easy tempo with Driver.  Was successful enough.  Not effective for approach shots however

Day 4: Played 18 holes.  Same as above.  Approaches were better.  Discovered I'm capable of hitting 3 wood effectively.

Day 5: Putting drills. Putt Out "Perfect Putt" drill.

Day 135 - Spent a good hour and a half today working on short game. First, I calibrated my feet for AimPoint. I was a bit off on the slight slopes between 1 and 2%. Next, worked on short and long pitches with 58, 54, PW and 8 irons. Focused on using the easiest motion for the amount of green I had to work with. Used varying lies including tight from fairway to sticky rough.

Moved on the sand shots and used 58, 54 and PW for short to long distances. Then did some putting drills. Finally, went to the range and worked on alignment starting with wedges up through driver. I just got my Evolvr lesson back and I have to work on more secondary axis tilt at address.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 26.  Went to the range this morning;  about a dozen or so balls (shared a small bucket), usual priorities, but also made a point of getting video, so my swings were dominated by my 6-iron.  Did some putting but no drills;  made three 12-footers in a row (from slightly different positions).  I remember back in the day when 12 footers felt like a pipe dream! 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 216

Planemate hip rotation stuff. Did a series of hip rotation feel/rehearsal, 9-3 swing with a ball, and then full swing with a ball. I feel like the "feel" is starting to translate to full swing. Need to make a video and send to instructor.

Superspeed workout too.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 197 - July 13, 2020

Hit balls before lessons at CHQ.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 29

Indoor putting to different distances at <10 feet.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 26 continued.  Not incrementing, because this was also on 7/13, but I'm so happy I wanted to add this.  Went back to the putting green this evening, set up an around-the-clock at 6', used exactly 24 putts (made 7, then 2, then 2, then had one left with having taken 20 attempts... that last one took me way too many).  I set up a few at 12' but I couldn't (due to where the hole was, and how many others were on the green) do a full around the clock, but I made quite a few from there.  

Two possibilities:  either this green is set up in such a way to make me seem like a good putter when I'm not (no other practice putting greens available, so I can't test that theory) or putting is so easy that I can improve rapidly to a very decent state.  Will continue this during the week and on Saturday we might find out under real conditions if I can, in fact, putt. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 8:

28 minute golf focused workout.

PLEASE NOTE:  I am not a PGA Instructor, i am only listing what i am doing as a journal log and if anyone who is a PGA Instructor wants to critique my routine and tell me where i am wrong with drills or not, please do.

Stretching: hamstrings, back, shoulders and neck physical therapy routine.

Swing Drills:  All drills with full swings i incorporated the izzo swing trainer band

- Drill #1 cross arm drill

- Drill #2 get into position to hit a Drive, place Gold Flex across hips and hold the club close to hips. Push up and lift, with power and speed, belt buckle facing target when done.  This is to increased speed and power and hitting on the way up

- Drill #3 with Gold Flex, get into Driver position, then move the head of the Gold Flex to a point on the floor that is about 1 foot behind the ball.  Start the swing.  Goal is to stop outside in attack, stop slice, get back to inside out attack and more of a Draw flight. 

Start:

Stretching

10 swings Drill #1

10 Swings with sklz tempo grip trainer

stretching

Drill #2

10 swings with Gold Flex doing Drill #3

Stretching

10 swings Drill #1

10 swings with sklz tempo grip trainer

stretching

10 swing motions doing Drill #2

10 swings with Gold Flex doing Drill #3

stretching

15 baseball style swings with golf flex for core - going hard forward and back.

stretching at the end.

My right shoulder is feeling better and better and getting stronger.  My neck pain is getting under control again and i am starting to make a full round without my neck hurting as well.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 136 - Played 8 2/3 today before the lightning and rain shut us down. Played ok and did the secondary axis set up. Most shots went more right than I intended. Need to go to the range and work on this some more.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 198 - July 14, 2020

Played 18 holes. Hit four balls downtown first, too! 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 15: Hit a medium bucket of balls at the range. Trying to find a more intuitive and less technical feel than "feel like the angle between the chest and lead arm doesn't change during the backswing". Feeling like both arms stay straight for as long as possible was producing some really nice shots.

Then I putted for about 20 minutes or so.

Day 217

Kept working on the hip rotation with some 9-3 swings with LW/SW. Decided today was the day to see how it translates to a longer club. Used 3W because I'm afraid to hit driver off the mat in my yard. Hit 15 balls and used the Mevo get some ball flight data.

• No impact tape, but didn't get any extreme toe or heel vibrations/feels in my hands.
  • Contact was pretty solid, hit 2 balls a touch thin, and 2 balls a touch fat.
  • Start line was good for 12/15, 2 balls were pulled and started too far left, 1 ball was a push.
  • Swing speed, ball speed, carry, and spin were in the ballpark for what I expect, so overall pretty happy with progress.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 30

Played 18 holes at Hidden Lake golf club in Sheffield, IL.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 27.  I may have been overly optimistic yesterday.  Today, I set out to do 6' putts, and set up my around the clock drill.  This was a different hole from last night, at a very different spot on the practice green.   I believe it was more sloped than yesterday (I didn't measure, maybe I should).  Anyway, I made 5 on the first go around, none of which were left to right breaking.  In two more go-arounds, I made a total of one more.  I'm not sure if something was wrong today, or what.  

-- Michael | My swing!