IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 41

Indoor putting practice because it got too dark to practice outside. I kept the distance at around 3-6 feet.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 40.  Throughout the day, hit about 40 full swing shots (including rehearsal, etc).  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, mostly real balls, sometimes foam.  Focused on level pelvis in setup.  Hit most of them well, so pretty much all the good shots I could have hit on the course over the weekend happened in my house today. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 230

Did a little Planemate stuff with and without a ball working on hip/core turn.

Then hit 20 balls with my 55* wedge using 9-3 swing really focusing on clearing hips.

Finally hit another 20 balls with an 8-iron with full swings, same focus. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 150 - Worked on the same pieces as yesterday for about 30 minutes. Very muggy and I sweat like Kevin Youkilis.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8:

24 minute golf work out session.

In rotation i did the following

Stretching, hamstrings, back, shoulders & neck

2 sets of 10 cross arm swing drill

2 sets of 10 Driver drill

2 sets of 10 sklz tempo grip trainer

2 sets of 10 sklz gold flex

utilized the izzo swing trainer band

Note: on Friday i had expanded the sklz sets to 3 sets of 10.  It felt great but by Sunday i was paying a heavy toll.  My right shoulder gave out on the back nine.  I have decided to stick to 2 sets of 10 durring the golf season.  When the off season hits i will expand then.

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

Day 212 - July 28, 2020

Got some swings on video. Too low, too around. More height, less depth.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 231

Superspeed workout.

Did more practice focusing on hip/core rotation. Did Covid-19 day-5 pump drill, 9-3 swings, and full swings.

Started to feel something new; when hips get open it feels like the club is being delivered late to the ball. Not sure if this is good or bad. Need to record it and send to my instructor. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 42

Full swing practice with my 4i, PW and 3h, alternating between the clubs. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 20:  Range again.  Just tried to focus on stance and posture.  Worked on clubs throughout the bag.  Felt great with irons, as soon as a hybrid or something longer got in my hands, i had no clue where it was going.  Need to get some stance vids and pictures up in the swing thread.  See how that is progressing. And then move on to Lesson 3 in Hogan's book.  Have a feeling I'll be on that lesson for a good long while.

Day 41.  Busy day, but still found time to hit about twenty balls, same routine as yesterday (indoors, into a net, focusing on setup). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 21:  Played 18 this morning.  Its almost like I'm just not that great at golf.  Going to keep working on it. After my first 4 drives were ugly slices right, I decided I didn't care what my drives looked like, as long as they weren't right. Well, turns out ugly 150 yard snap hooks aren't great either.  Putting saved me from a truly atrocious round.  Silver lining... it wasn't that long ago that I'd have been more than satisfied with scoring 100.  Need to keep perspective.  Happy to be upset about shooting 100.  But fully aware I can do better.

Day 30:

I'm going ham on my takeaway work. I'm a fan of the Pomodoro technique while on the clock, so my work is punctuated by breaks of split-handed takeaways followed by regular takeaways to A3. I found the ultimate feel for me to get to A3 with much straighter arms and in an all-around better position.

• Administrator

Day 213 - July 29, 2020

Hit some shots while helping two golfers and then five golfers play 18 holes (36 total).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 151 - Went to the range and worked on my PP and Key 5.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 9

I played 18 holes today. Starting to hit the ball better and better.  Putting really sucks though

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 42.  I played today, if we can call it that.  I did make a birdie, I did not make much else.  I need to give some careful thought tonight and tomorrow to what's going on, if this is a fluke or if I'm not practicing as effectively as I should be.  Poor drives and hitting my clubs shorter than I remember hitting them. 

-- Michael | My swing!