IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 43

I played 18 holes at my home course and it was a mixed bag. Pars are becoming more of a regular occurrence, but I still had two 7's and one 8. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 232

Did more hip/core rotation work. COVID-19 day-5 drill, 9-3 swings and full swings. In full swings I  added a more athletic move at start of downswing to help engage hips. Recorded some swings with and without this move and with the move definitely gets my hips/core more open delivering the club so I think I’m making good progress on this before my next lesson. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 22: Played 9 holes at a short and easy course (Par 33, Rating 31.6, slope 106).  Left the driver in the bag, teed off with 3 wood all day.  Plan was going great for the first 5 holes.  I was +1.  The rails came off on the 6th hole, 180 yard par 3.  Hit my 6 iron flush, pin high, pulled left of the green, into water.  That left a tricky pitch back onto the green, over a hill, to a downhill pin.  Tried to hit it perfectly to land on top of the hill and trickle down, ended up hitting fat and short.  Got the next one on, and two putted for my 6.  7th hole, tee shot wasn't great, ended up behind a tree on a severe uphill lie.  Popped up my rescue shot into a tree limb, however it left me with a full gap wedge into the green.  But I thinned it and it went over.  Chip on, 2 putt, 6.  Next hole, tee shot went right on a hole you can't go right on.  Into the fescue, lost ball.  Hit my approach close, chip on, barely miss the putt, for a 6.  Par on 9.

Ended up shooting a 41, differential calculated to a 10.  Its crazy just how fine a line there is between a good round and an average round (for me).  I had 5 pars, and 5 shots i regret.  That makes me a 20 today.  Need to take the positives tho.   Short game was good enough, made 3 one putts, and no 3 putts.  Knocked 2 pars off my composite list for the challenge. And the guys I played with probably thought I was a pretty good golfer.

Not going to play any golf this weekend, but will still find a way to get my 5 minutes in.

Edited by bweiss711

Day 152 - Range today with Key 5 work. Went to a range where I could put a driveway stick out about 20 feet, which helped. Finished with some short game work. Didn’t have a chance to play this week due to commitments.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 31:

I did a bunch more backswings stopping at A3. The improved takeaway is beginning to feel relatively automatic. I'm also starting to develop some feels and concepts around "flow", which is the next piece that I believe needs work. After the "flow" piece is successfully added, I think I'll be pretty happy with the state of my backswing. 

• Administrator

Day 214 - July 30, 2020

Practiced for about 45 minutes in between lessons today. I had a rare two-hour break! Started with wedges. Felt I was taking the hands back outside, standing the shaft straight up, so the DL view would show my hands going through the base of my neck. Then hit some 7I, starting with 3/4 swings. Then some 3W. Took a short break, then hit about 15 drivers. A good session, and one that's drastically overdue.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 10:

Played 18 and things are a starting to come together ❤ 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 44

Full swing practice with my 6i. I was mainly focusing on squaring the club face and making good contact.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 233

Really fatigued this evening. Warmed up a bit with 7-iron working on a more dynamic hip move. Then did a superspeed workout. 

-Peter

Day 43.  This evening, I spent 15 minutes hitting balls in my indoor room.  The focus was on setup : not just my pelvis level (Evolvr priority piece), but also making sure my arms were hanging down.  I wonder if I got away from that with a singular setup focus recently?  I'm not going to think about it too much, but tonight's shots were good, which was fun. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 153 - Some pitching and chips in the yard. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 11:

Sid 20 minutes of putting practice. 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

Day 215 - July 31, 2020

Played 18 at The Pittsburgh Field Club. Started off well enough until another player starting having a meltdown. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 44.  Had time for 8-iron and 6-iron indoors tonight after dinner, 6-8 balls each.  I did the first two (total) with foam and the rest were real balls.  Was hitting the 6-iron real nice at the end.  Focus was setup, including pelvis level, arms hanging down, and standing the right distance from the ball. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 234

Some full swings with 7-iron, recorded to track my hip rotation progress as I have a lesson in a week and a half.

Also did a bit of chipping/pitching practice, just focusing on technique and good contact. 

-Peter

Day 45.  Before heading out for the day, I spent ten minutes hitting balls, 8-iron and 6-iron, plush to start (first two) then real balls, indoors, off a mat, into the net.  Focused on pelvis in setup, distance from the ball, arms hanging.  Hit several very clean.  

-- Michael | My swing!