IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 34:

Spent a few minutes doing some takeaway work to A3 and then like 10 minutes working on the new low body priority piece.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 47.  Spent about fifteen minutes (about as many balls) practicing indoors, 8-iron (flight) and 6-iron (full), off a mat, into a net.  Plush balls the first two and then real balls for the rest.  Focused on level pelvis and arms hanging down for setup. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 237

Worked a bit on backswing. Did some 9-3 swings focusing on hip/core rotation. Also hit some full shots. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 156 - Spent a couple hours at a course today. First hour was short game work. Started with tight lies and worked on pitch and chipping motions with my 54 and PW. Followed with work from rough to different pin locations both up and down hill. Did a few flops near the end. Too many people on the green for sand work.

Second hour was irons and driver. Mostly did Key 5 work including the stick drill place about 25 feet in front. Driver has the most variability still. Finished with long pitches with 9 iron and PW.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 2:  Went to range.  Focus on stance, posture, stable legs, and steady head.  Happy with the results.  Consistency trending in the right direction.

Day 35:

Did takeaway work to A3 for a few minutes then did some swing motions sans club. I might stop rehearsing to A4 (and stopping there) altogether. Continuing to build feels around the new lower body priority piece. Really liking this much more athletic swing.

Day 47

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge

Worked on the pump practice drill at A6 with my 6i.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

• Administrator

Day 219 - August 4, 2020

Played 18 holes today at Whispering Woods. Ooh, should post to GHIN before bedtime.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 13

Spent 15 minutes putting on my mat in the garage.  Wow I have one nasty left to right break with the current set up

Day 15

Worked at the range concentration on 2 & 3 Utility Iron and 5 Wood.

Then played 18 holes 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

Day 238

Did a bunch of different stuff today. Started with some recording of 7-iron full swings. Noticed I was taking the club back with an extremely shut face, like almost pointing at the ground sometimes. Did some rehearsals to feel it more aligned with my body angle, and then recorded a few more swings. Much better, and for some reason I made a better hip/shoulder turn, and contact was good.

Repeated the takeaway feel with 3W and driver and hit some balls. Also experimented with driver tee height to see if/how that impacts where the ball contacts the face. Turns out teeing the ball about 1/8-1/4” lower compared to my normal height moved contact from a high on the face more toward center, resulting in more ball speed, so noted that for next round.

Finished off the practice with superspeed workout. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 3: Played a practice round at my "home" 9 hole course.  Very consistent today.  For fun, played the 2 remaining holes in my par challenge straight up.  Actually had a par on 5, and had my par putt on 7 graze the edge of the cup. But since its a practice round, I won't count it.  I'll get them soon enough.

Day 36:

Long net session working on the new lower body priority pieces. Getting better at slowing down my practice, but it can surely get sloooooooower.

Yesterday, 8/4, I missed.  I believe it is my first miss in at least 28 days.  I can double check, but I think the last day I missed was in late June.  How are others keeping track?

Day 48.  Had 15 minutes to hit 8-iron and 6-iron in my practice room today, practice swings and some balls too.  Off a mat, into a net, indoors, using plush balls (first two) and then real balls. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 16:

This is my light day regarding golf activities.

I spent 15 minutes putting on my matt in the garage, all at 8'.  Started out by making the first 11 putts.  

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator

Day 220 - August 5, 2020

Got a little full swing mirror work in. I think I was a bit too upright. I played a tiny bit more bent forward yesterday and hit the ball SO much better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets