IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

day 9:

still on the 15 rep level of the physical warm-ups.  Finished by working on wedges and the 9i.  Much better than last Wednesday.  Aim much stronger as well.  Tomorrow will be a full on practice with most clubs in preparation of a round Monday.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 13, 

Went to the range this morning. Worked on alignment and making good contact and shortening the swing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 27 July 13

worked on alignment with open club face and slightly open stance. It’s starting to feel more comfortable. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 234   Got out today, was about to walk to the range when the rain started!!!  So back at home, standing in my driveway with my Orange Whip, getting in the Hank Haney 100 swings a day.  And a little work with my Impact Ball.  Looking forward to getting out early tomorrow.

• Administrator

Day 160 - July 13, 2018 - Worked on some full swing stuff - light work, groin still hurts - on the range between lessons.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 72:

Traveled back home today. More mirror work with keeping right elbow more connected in the downswing. 

Day 42.  Range work;  6-iron, usual swing stuff, focusing on a league round tomorrow.  Also hit drives, I pulled plenty left and I don't know why when I leaned the shaft a bit forward at address, I got a straighter flight.  Weird, not sure what to think about this, if anything, for tomorrow.  30 balls, grass, one hour.  Also hit a half dozen 3H off a tee as I'll face that shot tomorrow a fair amount (given the combination of course, tees, and the par-3s we'll play, plus two par-4s that my driver shot zone just doesn't cooperate with).

I also did 30 minutes of putting.  I sank a good number from 4' and 8', and even some from 12'.  Did distance drills from 30' and 40', two-putting most of those.  I didn't think daylight would hold up or I would have done a measurable drill instead.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 194 Out early again to beat the heat.  Still pretty humid in this area. 

Spent time on the putting green. Being a Saturday, it was a bit crowded. Focus was on reads, and hitting my line. Most putts we're in the 6' foot range. Due to the crowd, I used another ball for a target. (A-)

After that, I went over to pitching/chipping area. Hit 14 balls each, from up to 15' feet off the green. Again, my focus was on reads, and landing the ball in the area based on those reads. (B-)

Working my way back to my truck, I hit some 60 yard, (carry) half swing punch shots to a pin. I was using very little wrist cock in the back swing for this shot. Focus was on alignment to fly the ball, and land it near the target pin. Hit 14 balls. (C+)

Finished up with my LW, using a no wrist cock back swing for a 20 yard pitch shot. Focus was on keeping my hands ahead of the club head, into ball impact, and a crisp hit on the ball. Also not dipping my rear shoulder at the start of the forward swing. (B+)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 7/12/2018 at 8:16 PM, Lihu said:

Arghh, pulled a shoulder muscle trying to get the super speed stick speed maxed. 😫

Did some hip rotations and light stretches.

Not too bad a pull. Mostly a lightly pinched nerve. Taking medication.

Doing really light PT and some of the club simulator. Laying off the Super Speed sticks until I get back from my trip.

Hit a couple balls and am allowing my lead arm to flex a bit. I think that combined with trying to swing the Speed sticks too fast pulled the muscle and my head alignment caused a pinched nerve.

Working on some minor adjustments to my head tilt during the swing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 28, Bastille Day

Played 9 at a local par 3 course. Practiced my alignments. Other than a few cross ups, the changes seem to be working. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Allon les enfants d' Patrie!

Day 10, Happy Bastille Day

After warm ups, went on to my "through" the bag practice" 56W, 7-9i, 4H, 5H, D, and back to 56W. The results were goo with a few exceptions.  I had a bit of hook with my 5H, not 100% sure of the immediate cause but "solved" it by a slight change in my line up to the target.  In a weird moment, I shanked a ball off the 8i.  Cannot recall my last shank.  Never repeated it again and never pushed the ball right all day.  I crossed it off as not paying firm attention to how I was set up for the swing from everything including feet and if I were too close to ball at address.  At my level, a handful of less than perfect  shots in well over 115 shots would have made me ecstatic if on a course. Biggest thought today was to simply have fun.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 235   Finally got to the range without any rain.  Spent a hour on the range working through drills to help me keep the club in front of me on the backswing, and a better sequence on the downswing.  Then played 10 holes, hitting lots of extra shots on the first 3 holes.  Then focused, using one ball on holes 4-10.  Shot 1 over par, which is pretty great since this is the first time I have been on the golf course in a week.  All the other practice was either on the putting green, or indoors. 

Day 73: 

Not even 10 minutes of full swing work before the floodgates opened in the sky. Spent that little time working on keeping a more connected right arm/elbow in the downswing. 

• Administrator

Day 161 - July 14, 2018, Bastille Day - Took some lefty and righty swings. Did SuperSpeed stuff too (not counting those as my swings).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 14,

Played in a scramble today. Worked on setup and keeping the swing shorter on each shot. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 43 - hey friends, remember those bad shots I didn't hit on Wednesday and I wondered where they went?  I found them in my first 11 holes today.  Shot an 86 today, but my last 7 had 4 pars and 3 bogeys.   Today's 85 had 4 GIR and 5 near-GIR... and that's it.  Went holes 4-9 without so much as near GIR.  I had a few moments of "oh, that's in my shot zone, I just wasn't hitting it there before" on the drive home.  Playing same course again next Saturday (home course, probably play it a lot) and I'm going to give more holes some thoughts.

Those 4 holes that I talked about on Wednesday?  Played them in a total of +3 today;  two pars, a bogey, and a double (from poor execution).   

Here's the round if you want to see it: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/2284243

The only stat where I was worse than a 15 hcp was off the tee... which considering my tee shots today included hitting a fairway bunker and two weak pops, I'm not surprised.  I have plenty to work on.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 195 Pacticed off of wet turf this morning. Had a few thunderstorms blow through the area last night. Reports say the storms dropped 1.25" inches of rain. Some spots had more, some less. 

Practiced with my metal woods this morning due to the wet conditions. This clubs do not dig in, and slide easier over the wet turf. 

Hit some chips and short pitches with my 7w. I used an abbreviated swing, while choking down on the grip. My lower hand was actually touching the metal part of the shaft. Focus was on reads, and hitting my landing spot to allow the control of the green to roll the ball near, or into the hole. (C+)

After that it was some choked down, short back swing, 5w punch shots to a Palm Tree about a 100 yards away. Focus was on alignment, and crisp ball contact. I was hitting off a thin lie area, with a brown grass, dirt/mud surface. (B-)

These were all very different swings than I am use to. Control of my back swing was a big deal to make these clubs work for the shorter distances required. 

I did hit my wedge Ironwoods a few times. The design of the these clubs, with the much wider soles work better than my normal gamers would. Again the wider soles do not allow the club's to easily dig in. Less fat shots. 

I finished up hitting a few balls out of wet, compacted bunker. I used my lob wedge, with what I call my "splat" swing. I don't know what else to call it. I basically, on my down swing, "throw" the club head into the dirt just behind the ball. The club head hits the ground with a splat like "thud", moves under ball, and lifts it out of the bunker. Hit every ball out of the bunker. (A-)

It was a fun, different morning of practice. Unless I am on a road trip, in a wetter climate, I don't see wet conditions very often. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 7/14/2018 at 7:16 AM, Lihu said:

Not too bad a pull. Mostly a lightly pinched nerve. Taking medication.

Doing really light PT and some of the club simulator. Laying off the Super Speed sticks until I get back from my trip.

Hit a couple balls and am allowing my lead arm to flex a bit. I think that combined with trying to swing the Speed sticks too fast pulled the muscle and my head alignment caused a pinched nerve.

Working on some minor adjustments to my head tilt during the swing.

6 mile hike today with 44 floors. Did some light swings to stretch out the muscles. Making sure my setup puts my neck in a good and less stressful position during the swing. Using the mirror to give me direct feebbavk. Weight 188 BP 116/78 RHR 63 peak HR during hike 150.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano