IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 6: 

30+ Minutes working on all things short game. Spent the majority of my time playing 18 holes of short game golf. Finished -3 bogey golf. 5 Pars, 2 Doubles. 28% scrambling rate. Just need to eliminate the "doubles". Then I went to practice bunker and grooved my sand swing. I struggle here (no sandy's this year), but I was able to get 5+ shots out of the bunker in a row today before a bad one. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 19

Again, due to heat, hit no full shots.  Physical work did make me feel ready to go! I did some mirror work to make sure I was not relating my left hand through the back swing and the down swing.  It made it clear when I was and when I was not.  A little indoor putting and Max (my dog) was fascinated watching but did not chase after anything.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 171 - July 24, 2018 - Hit shots on the range with a 7-iron for about ten or fifteen minutes today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 245    Amazing -- another day of things to do when moving -- completed!!  I did see the putting green at Noon as we drove past.  And I am living in a condo on a golf course... so it is frustrating to watch the golfers go by... when all I have time for is practicing pivots in the doorway to the second bedroom and making swings with my Impact Ball in the den area.  GRRRR    Okay rant over.  Thanks for reading it.  Like I said it is still pivot practice and staying connected practice indoors.  Now tomorrow... time for getting out, before a 3 pm appointment for laundry room cabinetry and new washer/dryer.

7/24/18:

Let's try this again.

Practiced my turn whilst at work. I'm focusing on getting my back to the target in my backswing and facing it on the finish. It's a weight forward exaggeration still really.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 52.  As is my Tuesday tradition, I left work a little after 5 despite having a social commitment at 7 so I could get some practice in.  Today it was 15 minutes chipping (15-20 yard shots) and then 30 minutes putting (4', 6', 8', then some 30+').  For better or worse, the open putting green was the more sloped one, but I made quite a few breaking putts where I aimed outside the hole and sank it.  Good for the confidence.  Working on that SGP in anticipation of Saturday (next planned round, casual).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 205 Due to the heat, made this a "quickie practice" session. Going to to be one of those "sofa king" hot days. 113*F in the forecast. 

Just hit a variety of shots, different distances, to different targets. Focus was on alignment, ball position in my stance, and consistent swing tempo/timing. Hit full, and abbreviated swings. (C+)

Finished up with some putting practice. Only putted a few balls. Focus was on reads, alignment, distances, and back stroke. Actually spent more time standing in the shade talking to another guy. (B+)

Might brave the heat later for a 9 hole round.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 39, July 25

Mirror work at the gym on alignment. Still trying to find the best way to consistently line up. I had some success yesterday with 9 or 10 really good tee shots. Still had a few hooks, but I have to just open the face, open the stance, trust the swing and swing out.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 20:

Worked at the DR with the concept of hitting balls into my "fairway".   Started out playing army golf.  Once I focused on pre strike alignment, my ball not only was finding the fairway, but I became a happier golfer.  Tomorrow I will see if it held over to the next day!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 172 - July 25, 2018 - Played eight holes from the gold tees with @NatalieB after hitting a few balls between lessons at Chautauqua today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 246  Got out today for a little while to practice and got chased indoors due to rain.  So again doing pivots in the doorframe focusing on pivoting and staying centered ...   However tomorrow I have a 10:04 a.m. tee time  at a club I have never played before.!

Day 1 Hit balls at lunch. Worked on 50yd shots. After work went to practice putting green and worked on long putts and inside 10ft. After dinner worked on right elbow external rotation in the back swing with the driver in front of a mirror.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 53SuperSpeed training (posted numbers in relevant thread).  Then did an hour of putting practice, 4' 5' and 6'.  A few beyond that, not many.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 206; 92*F at 7am. No need to warm up much this practice session...lol

Started out with some 30 yard flop shots. I use this shot when I need to get over an obstacle, and not have any roll out when the ball  hits the green. This for me, is one of easiest shots in my bag for me to hit. I suppose I am a natural "flopper". 

Focus was on a little open stance, with an open club face. The club face, even though open, is still aimed at my target. I use a half, to three quarter, easy tempo swing with this shot. Club selection takes care of the distance needed. Ball position is slightly center of my stance. My stance center is always my sternum. Hit 14 balls. (B+)

Finished up with some putting. I hit several 5 footers using one of my e7 Bridgestone gamers. Focus was on alignment, reads, and starting my back stroke with my lead hand/arm, which is not my dominant side. (A-)

Just a little info on why it's important for me to start my putting stroke with my non dominant, lead hand/arm. I have found if I start my back stroke with my dominant, right hand, I tend to take the club head back, out side my putting line.  A "yip" of sorts. On the forward stroke, this causes me to pull putts. Using my less dominant left hand/arm keeps my back, and forward strokes on my putting line. My right hand, although it will add some club head speed, is basically just along for the ride, following my left hand. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 40, July 26

Mirror work at the gym. League was rained out. Focused on alignment and set up again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 21

Will be focusing my DR focus, over the next few days, on working with "groupings" of clubs.  Today were clubs I will use off a tee.  My driver is giving me great results lately.  My 3 wood needed some moderate slice correction, nothing terrible by always a little right. Both my 7i an 7h provided results as expected and my 8i was also ok. Great day for me at the DR.

What made my day is when I gave a suggestion to the  young man on my right, who asked why his shots were not good..  He was a fairly tall individual,  But, he could not keep a straight left arm as he was standing close to the ball, I mean WAY to close.  Made a suggestion on how to set distance from the ball at address, something I was recently told and something I, myself, have to focus on. His next swing, after re-setting where he was,  hit a great 2h off the deck, straight, long with a soft fade.  He looked at me and said "wow, that was easy".

Sometimes I believe WE become better golfers by watching others.  I was a teacher for 40 years, so offering suggestions and demonstrating how. is in my life blood.

I often wonder why golf does not have what we musicians call a Master Class. None are given by any pros in my. immediate area,  Students watch other students and look for good things and/or  not so good things and give their thoughts out loud.  The Teacher recaps what is said and then gives a point of focus on the student who was watched.  I always came away, as student and later teacher, with a great feeling.  

Edited by DrMJG

DAY 247   Joined The RIver Club in Bradenton, FL for two months so I have a place to practice and play.  Spent 90 minutes on the putting green going through a 4 Phase Drill which I will be doing most days.   25 in a Row from 3 feet, 20 in a row inside a 3 foot circle around the hole from 20,30 and 45 feet.  I chose a hole with a lot of break around it, so that the putts from 45 feet took some extra time.  Then went to the range for 75 minutes hitting 6 irons and drivers... worked on turning versus swaying on my backswing.   

Then went out to play the front nine.   I started with a double bogey (GRRR..) then settled down and ended up shooting 3 over par for the front nine.  The front nine requires accurate and long driving... however, two of the holes are shorter, narrower and involve water, so I hit 3 woods off the tee.  There has been over 14 inches on rain on the course in July so the course played longer since there was little roll out off the tee.   I have attached a picture of the 155 yard 8th hole.  You tee off through a shoot to a green surrounded by bunkers and water.  Nice looking hole.

IMG_20180726_134825397 (1).jpg

• Upvote 1