IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 4

Went to the range this morning. Took some video at the end. Worked on ext. rotation of the right arm and rotating sooner.

Practiced 25 and 50yd pitch shots.

Worked on putting from 30-40 feet and 5 footers. 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 10:

5+ minutes of mirror work. Set up and downswing work. Should hit some balls tomorrow. Traveled a lot the last two days. 

Day 56.  Played 18 today.  I didn't play well and now I don't feel well (I don't think my not feeling well is related to my poor play).  I will post the GameGolf about it tomorrow (haven't even uploaded it yet), as right now I'm going to get off the internet and go to sleep.  Look for a future post about why I don't plan to wear pants next time I play golf, that may be related to why I'm not feeling well right now.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 175 - July 28, 2018 - http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2308502

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 209: Used the other course's practice area this morning. Just getting a little difference into my routine. Dealing with different rolls on unfamiliar practice greens. This is a wide open practice area, and there was also a pretty good morning breeze to contend with. At my regular area, this wind would have not been an issue. Non existent.  

Started out on the putting greens. Same focus as always. Reads, alignment, speed, and back stroke. It was a little breezy this morning, so I had to factor that in.  Worked on 5'-10' +/- footers, using different pins. Some were straight putts. Others had some breaks in them. 10 minutes worth. (B-)

Next was chips, and short pitches, followed up with putts. Focus was pretty much the same as my putting practice. Idea was to get the ball close enough to the cup for easy one putts.  Used one ball, from various areas around the green, to different pins. Spent maybe 20-30 minutes on this routine. No three putts was rewarding. (B)

From there, it was to the driving range for full swing practice with my longer clubs. (3W-7I) Focus was on alignment, and a consistent swing tempo. Used two targets. One at 100 yards, and the other at 200 yards. These flags were offset from each other. Idea was to land  balls along the three lines associated with those two targets. Paid close attention to ball flights and dispersions. Wind was an issue to be dealt with.  Hit 60+/- balls. (C+)

I used three lines on the short, and long flags. One line was over the 100 yard flag. Another line was over the 200 yard pin. The third line, which was also my target line with all my shots was a line down the middle of the other two lines. This gave me a smallish, make shift fairway to land balls in. The two outside lines helped measure ball flight dispersion. Any ball landing too far, outside the two outside lines, from my vantage point, I considered poor ball flights, caused by a poor swing on my part.  That said, since my make shift fairway was so narrow, most of the balls flights I considered poor, would have been playable on my home course. A few others might had me in the tree line(s). 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 250   Spent 30 minutes on the putting green before the rains came!!  I am starting an extensive putting assessment used by Pro Tour Golf College in Perth Australia.   I have done the assessment three times before.   The first part involves hitting 10 putts into a 3 foot circle around the hole starting at 15 feet and then move back 3 feet at a time until you reach 42 feet, Your score is how many you get inside the circle from each of these distances.   I was able to make all 10 from 15, 18, 21 and 24 feet before I was rained out.   40 putts down and only 60 more to go.  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to finish the long putt portion of the assessment and then move into the 3-12 foot part of the assessment. 

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 22

Went to the range after playing golf. Got back to doing things at a speed I can see good results in the things I need to work on. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 24:

Primarily wedge work.  Solid from 75 yards out, though usually 5-8' to the right of where I thought I was aiming!  Took a few moments to make sure feet were properly set and club moving in proper course.  Some improvement.  But distance was good and usually left myself with a makable putt, even if a bit off a more desired line.  Lob shots were better in that they bit and rolled quite well.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 11: 

15 minutes of full swing work today. In order to really get the feel of soft contact between right arm and body throughout the swing I used a small head cover as a training aid and stuck it under my right armpit. Good feels and some really solid swings at the end of the session when I removed the training aid. Good practice. 

Day 43, July 29

worked with my Mevo to get yardage for my club. 5 shots per club. I will do this over a few sessions to gather enough data to define my shot zone average yardage per club. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/2310315

Played 18 this morning from the back tees with some guys from work. Its a different course from back there, especially with the wet rough. Goal was to break 80, shot 81.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

• Administrator

Day 176 - July 29, 2018 - Helped in a scramble. Hit only good shots. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 57. Visiting the parents, didn't bring speed sticks with me.  Hit a range near them that I wanted to try.  It's nice.  Grass tees, good range of area for the pitching green too.  Hit a small bucket, focusing on some key #1 issues from my latest evolvr lesson.  Then did some 15-25 yard pitches and did some putting;  no drills on the latter two, which is a mistake (I should have done something other than "hit some good 25 yard shots" and "hit some putts from X distance."

I also want to address something from yesterday:

On 7/28/2018 at 8:18 PM, Shindig said:

I don't plan to wear pants next time I play golf

I do plan to wear shorts.  This isn't a plan to do a Stenson.  In case anyone was wondering, it stood out to me when I looked at my last day's practice plan and I didn't mean to give the wrong impression.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 210

Worked on a little bit of everything this morning. Actually "worked"  is a poor discription. "Had fun" hitting a little bit of everything would suffice much better. 

Played 9 holes. The first tee time was available, so it we took advantage of it. I actually went in the club house to buy a basket of range balls for my Grand Daughter, and myself. 

Carded a 41 in my usual manner. My much younger playing partner did quite well for herself with a 54. We played from the whites which I believe is 3K yards. 

Pretty proud of my Grand Daughter's progress. The local course's swing guru has helped her immensley with her long game. 

We had a great time.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 44, July 30

Mirror work at the gym at lunch focusing on set up and relaxing wrists at A4.

in the PM, did more net work with the MEVO gathering data. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 251   Spent 30 minutes on the putting green continuing the Long Putt assessment.  Made all 10 from 27,30 and 33 feet inside a 3 foot circle around the hole.   Then spent time on the range doing the Feet Together and Finger Down the Shaft Drills.   Then did an hour long full swing assessment with my new coach for the next two months.  The goal is to improve my full swing in a measurable way by the end of September.   Taking 3 short lessons a week and long hours of practice in between.  If this works out I will continue the relationship...

Off to chores and probably back to the golf course to finish the assessment IF the rains hold off.

Day 25

Again, focused on getting the aim of my wedge shots a bit more in line. Focused on both feet an making sure I am keeping the club properly set and a good follow through.  Better than yesterday: shots off by no more than  feet on a 50-60 yard shot.  This has been a major flaw in my shot predictability so will need to keep up the effort.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).