We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Popular Now

• So, my girlfriend and I were at this small park the other day that is like half a mile away from me and during the walk I came to the conclusion that if they allowed golf there that it would be a perfect practice spot. Fast forward to today and I called the borough office and spoke to the very cool Borough Manager and explained my golf setup with the massive net and turf hitting mat (he ended up being a golfer too, haha) and I got the green light to practice there whenever I wanted. The only thing I need now is a nice board/platform that is mobile and feels good to rotate on. When I just had a piece of composite board, it didn’t feel like I was getting the same “digging into” the ground feels with my feet but that could’ve been a result of the uneven ground. I should be able to think of something.
    • One purpose of this forum is to share the knowledge each of us has, so that others may learn.  A number of us have suggested a small inexpensive book that YOU can buy and read if you care to learn anything about the rules and the logic that ties them together.  You have repeatedly ignored those posts, so you're apparently happier to remain ignorant of that logic.  
    • Where does it say the purpose of this forum is to persecute anyone you don’t like or don’t agree with!    tennis is very different! As you say there’s referee’s and direct competition not in golf some courses have marshals but they are never around, ive never seen one, golf is an individual sport! I play my best when I’m alone, it’s like fishing with your brother in law in the boat, you can’t really focus on what’s your doing! 
    • What @DaveP043 said and you can also thank the CBJ-Tampa, five overtime game last night for that Bruins game being on so early. That was supposed to have been played at 8 last night but clearly the Blue Jackets and Lightning didn't want to give up the ice. Not a lot normal going on with sports, but I'm happy something is going on.  
    • I understand the rules. They are really easy to understand.  That isn't the point. There has to be a hardline somewhere. The hardline for golf is, you don't get to drop nearer to the hole. No one is going to measure your distance down to the inch and complain about it. If you happen to drop a few yards closer, that could matter. What if that position means your stance is on a less extreme lie?  It's not about nitpicking. It's about common sense. Don't drop closer to the hole. It's easy to remember, and it makes sense. Your ball, where it originally came to rest is as far as the ball progressed towards the hole. Why should you get to drop it closer?  Then don't play. They produced simple and fair rules to an extremely fun game. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. JoeInPI
      JoeInPI
      (47 years old)
    2. meenman
      meenman
      (51 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...