• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • This is so indicative of the big picture.  When you can actually converse with someone so many misgivings fall by the wayside.    Human interaction can be so beautiful and redeeming.  Stepping off of soapbox now...
    • That's not really getting into it, though, because what "should" be is not what "is." Unfortunately. So what can we do to make sure what "should" be is closer to the reality? I don't know. I'm trying to start learning more by listening to people. Reading what I can. And taking a good hard look at the biases I certainly have, even if they're currently subconscious or whatever.
    • I just had about a half hour conversation on the phone with Jim himself. Very interesting and I wish someone more knowledgeable could’ve been present as I’m a poor representative for this discussion. That being said some main points that I gathered: 1. I was wrong about the ‘borderline flip’ and admitted to that. So I apologize for posting on his YouTube comments about that. 2. Jim admitted he was wrong in saying the spine doesn’t twist. He just believes the spine is subjected to unnecessary stress when performing the traditional ‘90* shoulder turn.’ 3. Jim wants amateurs to learn how to hit the ball with their lead side, with a shallow, circular and descending blow. He stated the weight shift performed by pros isn’t as much as people think it is. He believes the extra movements in arriving at the strike as described above is what causes so many amateurs to fail. 4. He said he has many students generating considerable power with this method including a +7 hcp who’s still an amateur but is making his way..... 5. Jim said he would post a video of his 118mph swing. I have to say he talked about his long drive competition and it was interesting. I’m inclined to believe he’s able to produce this speed. I don’t think he’s a freak of nature so being able to swing the club 118mph while keeping the lower body as still as he does..no or very minimal weight shift is impressive, and would make for a good discussion. I wish I was better equipped for such a discussion. And I wish Jim would come back here and engage with those of you who are so knowledgeable. I gave @Jim Venetos a hard time...and I apologize for that. I can get snappy as many here know..even when I’m wrong...lol.    But hey...it’s just golf and I love discussing damn near anything about it. Cheers.
    • Don't worry about it. I got a triple... oh wait... it was a quad on the 8th hole yesterday.... and then turned around and showed everyone in my foursome how lousy I can play and still end up with a birdie on the 9th hole.  
    • Augusta National Golf Club buys National Hills shopping center The Augusta National has picked up $28 million worth of real estate this spring. More parking? 🙂
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. CGG
      CGG
      (56 years old)
    2. ChampGolf
      ChampGolf
      (31 years old)
    3. Don
      Don
      (78 years old)
    4. Junivive01
      Junivive01
      (33 years old)
    5. osdjng30
      osdjng30
      (28 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...