IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 21

Played 18 holes today. Shot 75.

Drove it well, hit my irons okay. Lag putting was good, inside of 6 feet was not. Missed two birdie putts and a par putt inside 6 ft.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/2337642

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 72 part 2.  Had 50 or so minutes after work but before my usual Tuesday appointment.  I spent half of it putting and half chipping at my course's practice facility (which is between work and my social appointment).   Putting was primarily inside 10' and chipping was primarily 15-yard shots with a few shorter ones.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 57, August 15

Playing 18 today. Will focus on alignment and tempo.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 1

After taking a lesson, I was told my alignment was way to the right. I was aiming my club at the target, feet shoulders was 15-20 yards right. I got our the alignment sticks and practiced set up. This could be why I'm pulling the ball.

Day 226

Play 18 holes at my home course earlier this morning. Carded an 84 for my effort, missing my target score by 4 strokes. (41/43)

Actually I played my "second" home course, since it's just across the street from where I play, and practice the most. 

Focus was on alignment, and just putting a good swing on the ball. Found some trouble on my back nine that cost me some strokes. No matter, since it felt good to be back, playing on my old stomping grounds. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 28: 

Hit my way through the bag today, just trying to get some feels back. Hit some pretty good shots but still struggled a bit. Hopefully will have a good round on Saturday. Oh and its Day 28 again 🙂

Day 40 Landmark game!

Hit 25 at range before heading out to play 18.  The round did not start out well: 3 Bogies and a double bogie.  Main culprit were my wedges. The shots looked good but I tended to hit long. Made a few adjustments and they became much better.  My putter kept me in line.  Ended up with a 45 on the front 9, much to my shock as I thought I was over 50!  Back end much better. 2 pars with an almost an eagle as a second shot on a par 5 hit the green.  I was left with a long putt that stopped just short of the hole.  But I could not complain. Rest were single bogies. 43 on back nine so I ended up with an 88. FIRST TIME I BEAT 90 IN AGES.  Still much to practice as it was my aim that ate up the strokes.  

Edited by DrMJG
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 266   Another 5 hour practice day.... Spent an hour on the putting green.  In addition to other drills I did a Putting Square Drill from Golf Made Simple.... it focuses on making putts in the 3, 4, and 5 foot range - Had to make 36 in a row (12 from each distance) to complete it with a perfect score.  I scored 40 so I need to continue to do this drill until I can do it in 36 strokes.   What I particularly like about the drill is that ALL putts count toward your total -- so there is constant pressure to perform -- which is the best way to learn for transfer to the course.  Even though I am playing 9 holes almost every day, I have not three putted in at least 3 weeks.   So this short putting practice is paying off.In 

Then spent an hour plus on the range doing the drill I was assigned yesterday.   Then 9 holes of golf and stopping along the way to hit lots of extra shots.  Then back at the range for another hour plus.  I feel like I am making progress... since I an hitting more good shots... and my misses are serviceable.

Day 73.  Hit two dozen balls in my practice room (indoors, real balls, mat, into a net) working on key 1 as per evolvr while the laundry machine was running.  I need to add a TV to that room (not clear where to put it) because I came back downstairs and put on the TV, and the 2008 U.S. Open playoff is on.  Plus I have work to do.  Also, today is day 73 and that's what Tiger shot in that fourth round that led to that playoff, so that's cool. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 193 - August 15, 2018 - 20 minutes on the range hitting some shots, focusing on the lower body doing a little bit while the arms continued to do most of the work. What's funny is one of my lessons today had to feel the exact opposite.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 22

Hit pitch shots of varying distances at lunch. 

Did right arm ext rotation drill using the Impact Ball with driver and 8 iron. 

Worked on putting inside 6 feet.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Day 58, August 16

Playing a league 9 today. Yesterday was brutal. It was 71 and cloudy at the start, so I decided to walk. Tactical error on my part. It got sunny and hot AND humid after two holes. I had to wear rain gloves most of the round so I could hold the club.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 228

Full bag practice on the driving range earlier this morning. Set up my make shift fairway, and hit a small basket of balls. Finished up on the putting green. 

Focus on the range was on alignment, and swing tempo. Between those two items, I am hitting a lot of playable balls for my next shot(s)

Focus on the green, was on reads, alignment, and straight back, straight forward strokes.  

For the past several weeks, I have been playing quite often. Due to this increased play, I find myself (sometimes) trying to swing faster, which for me is not a good thing. It leads to balance issues, which then leads to errant ball This is the reason for my swing tempo practice. A little extra speed is ok, but not as much extra speed my ego is looking for. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 267   Spent an hour on the putting green purely working on technique.... using the Pelz Putting Tutor, hitting putts using a Prayer Grip to take the hands out of the stroke, and hitting putts with one hand while standing on one leg for balance and smoothness of stroke.  Then to the range for 1 3/4 hours working through to drills that help me to keep my head still and the other to work on getting more onto the left side on the downswing.   Then played two holes... the course was busy and the weather is humid and hot.   Finally back to the putting/chipping green where I spent 30 minutes hitting chips using a 7 iron.   

• Administrator

Day 194 - August 16, 2018 - http://www.gamegolf.com/rounds/review/2340282 - Played Kahkwa with a student (he shot 73, including an eagle on the 16th).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 41

Back to the range to work on a few things which were not so good yesterday.  My hybrids took a step forward as I worked a lot on alignment and going through the checklist on grip on the club and moving my hips before the arms.  Got lift and, while not as good as before, I got nearer to the distances I should expect.  Driver was good, though I only took a few strokes with it.  I am still working towards getting better with my wedges.  I suspect I need to get more spin.  While the lobs look great, they still scoot much further than I would like, leaving me with too many distances that would beg two or more putts.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 29:

30+ minutes of short game practice. Short game needs an overhaul. Too many spinners being left 20 feet from the hole from around the green. Need to get the ball rolling sooner.

Edited by HJJ003