IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 84.  Off a mat, into the net, 30 pitch shots.  Also hit a few additional with an old blade I found and reminded myself why I play cavity backs (and my swing is far better now than it was when I got that club).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Okay, I've been away from my computer for a couple days. Here's the low down. 

Friday was Day 3 - Wedges, wedges and more wedges. 

Saturday was Day 4 - Didn't have much time. I did so some Golf based exercise and I spent 10 minutes trying to put a ball down a yardstick. Love that drill.

Sunday was Day 5 - played 9 holes. Then went to the range to work on the fairway metals. I over-cooked them during the 9 holes I played. 

Monday was day 6 - back to chipping and pitching in the basement.

Day 7 - Full swing work today and played 9 holes. 

Game was very solid today, greens were slow.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 240

Full bag, full swing practice this morning on the driving range. Same routine as before. Use the flags to make a mini fairway, and keep my ball flights in that faiway. Also used a staggered club selection, longest and then shortest. Then next longest, and next shortest club. Each club was hit 5 or 6 times. 

After the range work, I moved to the putting green. Started out with my dime 12" in front of the ball and then rolling the ball over that dime. I do this to practice putting the ball on my chosen line. After that I putted to 9 practice pins. My par was 18 and I had 18 putts. No one or tbree putts. All two putts. 

All my focuses involved alignment, one piece take away, reads, and ball speed for what ever type of club I was using. (B-)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 279     This is going to get boring reading!!!   Since almost every weekday will be the same.   Here is the shape of each day.  Four hours of practice divided among 4 areas:   Today was 1 hour working on chipping, then 1 hour working on distance wedges from 40-70 yards, then 1 hour working drills for the Full Swing, and then the last hour was on the course.  Today on the course I played from the red tees since I am focusing on hitting my scoring clubs in closer proximity to the hole.  And yes at the club I am a member you can play 9 holes in an hour!!    I was a little smarter today and did not hit the drive on the par 5 third hole into the pond.   So I shot 34 (2 under par) for the nine -- missed a 6 foot birdie putt on the final hole! :-(

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 41: 

18 holes of short game golf today. Even bogey. Up and down only twice today with 2 doubles (which really was a result of only one bad pitch and some lazy putting on one "hole"). actually pitched the ball well, just didn't make any putts!

• Administrator

Day 206 - August 28, 2018 - http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2360114

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 28.

Went to the range but my camera ran out of battery and because I erase the video after I watch it, I don't have anything to post but from the videos I saw, my timing was not very good and my swing was entirely too flat.  

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 50

Got about 15 minutes swing related exercise in while working at my election precinct.  Bad news, not enough golf work.  Good news we had record turnout at our precinct!  tomorrow will be long day at DR.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 85.  On the way to an appointment after work, I stopped by my home course and putted for 10-15 minutes.  It was mostly putts of about 10', focusing on break and getting them past the hole (preferably in, of course).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 70, August 29

Partial wedge work into my net with the MEVO. Beastly hot and humid. I sweat out 5 pounds in 40 minutes and had to wear rain gloves. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 241

Hit some full swing wedges this morning. Focus was on alignment, ball position in my stance for ball first impact, swing tempo and hands in front of the ball at impact. I was hitting balls out of semi rough, using all four of my wedges. Most were good shots, on the line to my target, but there were some stinkers involved too. (C+)

I had a good personal chuckle on my distances on my full swing wedges. I watched some tv golf yesterday. Reruns.  Phil Michelson hit a LW 100 yards. My LW distance is no where close to that. 

After the wedges, I went and did some fringe putting. There are times when the ball is off the green, where putting the ball seems to be the more viable option. The fact that my putter is quite heavy helps with this option. Focus was on reads, alignment, stroke tempo, and back stroke length for the distance required. (B+)

Although I did not practice the putt today, there are times, in the right conditions, that I have putted out of green side bunkers. Obviously this only works when there is a smoothe transition (no lip) from sand to grass, and not alot of fringe for the ball to travel through. Also works better with firmer sand. Just another shot a golfer should have in their bag. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 280    Early morning got in only 3 hours :-)   Spent time on the range working through 3 drills on my Full Swing, then 3 drills for Approach Wedges (40-100 yards), and then Chipping.  Would have liked to have spent more time, but, had things to do for the new house we are moving into next month.  I will make the one hour up tomorrow!

Yesterday was Day 8: I worked on full swing for 25 minutes. - Kinda mindlessly hit balls. I'm usually not into doing that. But I was tired after work and didn't have any focus.

Today was Day 9: I got in 18 today. Hit 10 out of 14 fairways. Irons were okay but not great; 7 GIR's (In fairness it was pretty windy out there). Going to get some more practice in tomorrow, and play again on Friday.  

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 1

Worked on my driver swing a bit today before the storms came through. Found a few things that seemed to work out. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 207 - August 29, 2018 - Got in a good practice session today. I was not confident with some of my short chips and stuff lately, so I worked on those. It was good conditions, too, because the ground was very soft and a little wet, so contact had to be good. Then I hit the range to work on the full swing. Overall, a good day. Feeling good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 42:

20+ minute range session before the rains come in today. Hit driver and 3 wood REALLY well, my irons were so so. Some nice ones, but topped a few and got thin on some others. Clubs are packed, we head to GS in the morning!

Day 51:

After a 20 hour day with the election yesterday, mental and physical  status did not help this morning at the DR. So I went back to 5SK as a focus and worked primarily on head position.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 29.

My failure to shorten my back swing at the range yesterday led me to try and keep my right hand cupped doing swings at home.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf: