IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 88.  Went to the range to get video and hit balls outside.  30 balls, give or take, usual focus.  Outdoors, from grass.  Also did about ten minutes of putting.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 72, September 1

Worked on pitch elbow feel and keeping arms straight after impact per my lesson for about 30 minutes. Then gathered MEVO data on 5w, 3 and 4H and 5 iron.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 244

Just some more pitching, chipping, and putting practice today. All short stuff. Course was pretty busy this morning. 

Same focus as always. That being alignment, reads, distance control, and crisp ball contact. Used the Paul Runyon technique (You Tube) for the chips, and shorter pitch shots. Went with the abbreviated (very little)  wrist cock (You Tube) stroke for the longer pitch shots. Hit 42 balls. 

The putting green was pretty busy. Had to go with my "Dog and Rabbit" practice routine. That being a first ball being used as the target, and putting a second ball to it. I carry a red ball just for this type of practice.  I would drop the (red) first ball, walk away a few feet, drop the second ball, and then putt it to the first ball. Focus was on alignment, reads, back stroke for distance, and hopefully hitting the first ball with the second one. 

I used the crowded green to help with added focus for the putt at hand. People moving around, and talking is good practice for focusing under tougher conditions. When it comes to practice, I use what ever conditions that are available to me. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 54

An "off the tee" day at the DR, and it was 70% or so successful.  I put strike tape on the various clubs I use to tee off 7i 3w and D. Most of them indicated a slight hit towards the toe with most of the strike in the sweet spot. When they were not in that area, I tend to hit a worm burner. With the exception of the no lifters, I played a soft fade. 210-220 with the Driver, about 10 less with the 3w and 10 less of that with the 7i. Will focus again on the "hole starters" again tomorrow.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 45:

Played 18 at Kiva Dunes. Started off really well and then played 12 hole of double bogey golf with the occasional bogey or triple (few quads too). Wind came in and was just brutal. I smoked an 8 iron 115 yards lol. 

DAY 282   Another day of PRACTICE!!    Spent 4 1/2 hours working on my game.  Putting, then chipping and finally Wedges (aka Full Swing).  Hoping to get out on the course tomorrow... after 3 plus hours more of practice.    Wedges I am working on keeping my head steadier and a more on plane backswing.

Day 89.  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/2366619

7 GIR + 6 near-GIR + hitting another green with a full swing.  Still shot an 88, with (check the insights tab) bad putting, although that is partly set up by poor approach shots (I believe I had 3-4 first putts of over 45 feet).  And on a relatively easy course too. :-( 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 210 - September 1, 2018 - Putted with the kids while warming up for our first college tournament of the season. Did some mirror work while waiting in line for lunch. 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 245

Used two practice regimines in combo with each other .

Worked on my full swing this morning. Focus was on more of a shoulder turn in my back swing, a smoothe transition into the down swing, into ball impact, and an easy follow through. Just an easy tempo, in balance, over all swing. I used various mid irons for this session. (lack of room)

Before actually stepping up tp the ball, I would take 5 practice swings, in rapid succession, using my normal swing speed. In the future I plan on adding more ptactice swings in my preshot routine. 

I also worked on my aim/alignment. Focus was setting up with my feet, knees, hips, and shoulders all square with each other.

I would pick my target in the distance, while standing behind the ball. Once I found my line to my target, I would pick an intermediate spot on that line, a foot or so in front of the ball.

Once I found that spot, I would walk up to the ball, step in with my right foot, and using my right hand only, place the club face square to my intermediat target, behind the ball.. Then while looking ay my real target, I would step into my stance with my left foot, and place my left hand on the club. After a quick check of my feet to shoulders (square) alignment, I was ready to start my swing. 

I hit around 60-70 balls. Since I was working on a lot swing things during this session, this session lasted quite a bit longer than my normal session. Maybe 2 hours. The last 15-20 minutes, I was finally seeing the fruits of labor. Going start using this type of practice more often. More dry lake sessions using all my clubs. Cooler weather is finally here.....lol

In My Bag:

Day 55th

The tee strokes felt good to begin with though a poor shot caused a bit of a back pull.  Shifted to working on short chips to finish out my work out.  Aspirin and a hot shower and the pull feels better.  Whatever I did I just need to not do whatever it was again!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 283  Continued working on my chipping -- focusing 95% of the time on technique.   Then played 9 holes from the Red Tees, tracking proximity to the hole and score. One of the things I am learning, which is obvious, is that to get under par I need to hit my wedges closer to the hole.  And one aspect of that is to do a better job of focusing on my target and aligning to it.  Seems obvious, though I am now realizing I need to pay more attention to this aspect of playing to score better.  And also, I now value each putt more than before, since I have to make a larger percentage to get under par.  :-)

Then came back to the putting green to work through two drills.  Total time today was 4 hours and 20 minutes.  I am 3 under par for the last two sets of 9 holes I have played from the Red Tees.  When I get through 5 Nine Hole Rounds under par I get to move back a set of tees, and then have to have 5 under par 9 hole scores in a row to move back another set of tees....

• Administrator

Day 211 - September 2, 2018 - Played 18 holes at Red Tail in Ohio with some buddies.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 2

Worked in backswing stuff indoors. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 90 - 30 balls, indoors, off mat, into net.  Hit half-swings with gap wedge.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 246

Basically a repeat of yesterday's session. Just fewerballs hit. Got out early to enjoy the cool morning breeze. 

Session went as follows on all shots.

Preshot routine which starts with some full easy, dry swings after my club selection. 

Getting my target line. Identifying my intermediat target in front of the ball. 

Walking up to ball, and stepping in with my right foot only. Placing the club face square to my intermediate target, using my right hand only.

Then, while looking at my target, stepping into my stance with my left foot, and putting my left hand on the club, making sure I don't move the club face.

A quick check of my feet to shoulders alignment. A quick look at my target, and then start my swing with a one piece take away.

A good shoulder turn at the top, and a smothe transition into the down swing, into the ball, with a smoothe follow through. I am trying to mimic the original practice swings at the start of my preshot routine. 

Even though I have a precise target in mind, the idea is for the ball to land in an area near that target. Sometimes I miss right. Sometimes left, and sometimes I am dead on my target line. 

In My Bag:

DAY 284  Rise and Grind!!   Out at the course just before 7 a.m.   Spent a couple of hours on the range working on my Full Swing drills.  Then headed to the wedge target area, where I hit wedge shots to 50-60-70 and 80 yards.  After hitting 75 balls, headed to the putting green for an hour plus.  Used the Pelz Putting Tutor to set up putts from four sides of the hole at distances of 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 feet.  Finished with drill that requires two putts from 9 distances between 20 and 60 feet.  If you do not 2 putt, you start again at 20 feet.