IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 56

Solid Day at range.  Made a basic adjustment to my stance that seems to have a solid positive gain on all my strokes.  For some reason, I have noticed my stance has gotten a bit wide. Even with a good relation of the ball to my forward foot, my right foot had begun to get a bit further away.  It took a few shots to find a comfortable positioning, but once I established a slightly closer distance between my two feet, distance and direction greatly improved.  I usually got A very slight Draw on most shots and I seem to hav gotten closer to expected distance on my longer to mid range clubs.  I have a round of 18 scheduled for Thursday so I will have time to check it out again tomorrow and Wednesday.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 91.  Great day with the approach shots and short game (including a chip-in birdie).  Had one double bogey -- everything else was bogey or better.  Sadly, two sixes (long par-4 16th made longer by a poor drive and par-5 18th).  Two very poor drives today, the rest were okay, a few good.  Putting leaves a lot to be desired. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/2370100

Oh Michael, way to bury the lede:  I shot an 83 on a course of over 6500 yards (although not with a particularly high SR).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 212 - September 3, 2018 - Feeling a bit lost. Played 18 holes. Hit some good shots, hit some just horrible bizarre weird shots. Did not feel particularly comfortable on any of them. The person I was relying on to come help me out (just filming a few swings, etc.) didn't even come down, so the 18 holes I played were just without a clue. I'm sure it's something small, but I've gotta figure out what it is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 247

More of the same practice as the last two days (see days 245 & 246 for explanation) Basically working on my game from the the beginning of my pre-shot routine to my follow through finish after hitting the ball. Spent about 30 minutes doing this. 

After the above, I felt the urge to continue the morning practice session. The pitching/chipping practice green was open, so I indulged myself working on those two shots. Focus was on club selection,  alignment, green reads, and hitting landing areas to help with easier one putts. Two puts max. Hole outs when lucky.

Also hit a few flop shots just for the heck of it. Same focuses as above. Spent 30-40 minutes on these three practice shots. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 57:

A short replay of my focus on foot spacing as a part of address.  Again, making sure my feet were not too far apart with a slight flaring out, combined with other lower body considerations, resulted in clean, long and fairly straight shots with a nice fade.  It ends up that such thought and checklist, combined with 2 practice swings, took up almost no time and needs to be as much a part of each swig as making sure my head is down and my gloves are comfortably snug. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 73, Sept 4

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on set up and then keeping arms straighter after impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Okay Friday was Day 11 - Played 18: hit the driver great 284 yard average... according to Arcos. 

Saturday was Day 12 - All chipping practice

Sunday was Day 13 - All putting practice

Monday was Day 14 - Wanted to play, but settled for range time. Worked on approach shot distance control. Arccos tells me I'm not good a that.

Today is Day 15 - Full swing work, plus legs and core exercise. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

DAY 285   A very long day!!!!   Spent 1 1/2 hours working on my chipping technique and hitting to target holes.  Getting better... though a lot more practice needed.  Then spent 1 1/2 hours on the range working on my Full Swing technique hitting wedges..  Spent 30 minutes with my coach to assess progress from last weeks coaching session.  Hit the ball better, though still work to do.  Finally went out on the course to hit lots of shots while "playing 9 holes"   For example, I hit about 30-40 chip shots with my 7 iron around the 9th hole.  Work day weeks in Florida in the Summer result in empty golf courses in the afternoon.  People do not want to fight the heat and take the chance of being rained out, via our regular afternoon thunderstorms.

Day 35.

Did some mirror work today really trying to ingrain the movement of swinging in to out and get the feeling of getting my weight forward and keeping my hands back.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 3

Worked on backswing piece at the range

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 213 - September 4, 2018 - Part 1: Refreshed some feels downtown for about 30-40 minutes (which, of course, means hitting about 20 balls) with a 4-, 6-, and 8-iron. Really feel like the backswing feel is "okay" but the downswing feel is what really, really helps on the course the most.

Day 213 - September 4, 2018 - Part 2: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2371489 - Took it to the course a bit. Didn't really care about the short game or putting. Played poorly in the middle, as the feels got lost a little, but I got them back a bit toward the end.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 48:

mostly gameplanning. Planned tee shots for a course I’m playing near the end of the month. Spent 5 minutes or so working on some downswing feels. 

Day 248

Really enjoying these earlier, cooler, and quieter morning practice sessions.

Worked on chipping, and putting this morning.  Focus was on my pre-shot routine, alignment, green reads, back stroke for distances required and landing areas for the ball

I was looking for a lot of high percentage one putt opportunities, after the chips. Two putts were not too bad, but a three putt would've been totally unacceptable. Luckily I did not three putt. 

I spread out 14 balls around the green, 5' to 8' off the green. Some were on the first cut, while others were from semi rough.  I had 4 practice pins to pick from. I always took the longer roll to the pin. I was practicing on a two tier green, which made my initial reads quite important to allow fo the breaks involved. No two break points were the same during a 14 ball chipping cycle. Approach angles were always different. I chipped three cycles of 14 balls.  Had 19 one putts. 

After the session, I cruised on over the 19th hole for breakfast, which is where I am now. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 74, September 5

Mirror work at the gym followed by golf specific core workout.

In the PM, worked on set up hitting into my net. Went through the bag doing two swings per club and 4 with driver. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 16. Played 9 holes today. 
The work on the driver and 3 wood is paying off.

My driving was a +5.9 handicap today.... that's ridiculously good. (Just for reference my normal driving handicap is 7.7)

Approach shots are now the place I need to work on; My approach shot handicap is 14.5.  

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 49: 

Great Wedge practice today. Random type practice. Hit different wedges to different targets at different distances including full wedges. Was pulling wedges on almost all my shots, until I started to make sure I initiated the downswing with my lower body. Started hitting really tight wedge shots after that, and my full wedges were really trapping the ball well.

• Like 1