IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 3, Oct 11

Mirror work at the gym focusing on hands low at A6.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 284

Played 18 holes at the Emerald Golf Course in Parker, AZ area. Shot an 84, w/ 30 putts for my effort.

Pretty interesting course. Lots of uphill, and downhill fairways from the tees.  Lots of dog legs. Some forced carries. Had a cliff to deal with. Lots of water. Even had a tee box well over 100' above the landing area in the fairway. 

Went wIth 1/2-3/4 swings for accuracy, due to some required narrow ball flights. Used my 3W, and 7W off the tees/fairways quite a bit. Gave the driver some time off. 

Going to play this course again before I leave the area.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 322   Hoped to continue to work on my full swing, however, with the extensive rains we have had the range was closed.  However, the chipping/bunker green was open.   So I spent 3 plus hours there working on my drills, and some competitions with a couple of other golfers to see who can chip in.  I was able to chip in about every 10-15 chips, which won hands down.  I still have a long way to go, ... though progress is slow it seems to be somewhat steady.

Time to start this up again. 

Day 1: spent 5 minutes on mirror work. Working on my takeaway and backswing. Trying to make sure the club doesn't get outside my hands at A2 and is a little steeper from A2 to A4. Think I'm making some good progress.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 35.  I know you're probably tired of hearing this, but 15 balls in my practice room after work and dinner.  Then again, this ability to hit a few each day is part of why I wanted that room in the first place. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 28: 

Range session before my afternoon round today. Still lost as can be. It appears my OTT move is back in full force, but nothing is helping right now. Gonna be a tough round today...just gotta do what I can to keep the ball in play and keep advancing towards the hole...hopefully my SG and Putting is on point and I can salvage something. After today I will be working back to the drawing board to figure out where my swing went lol. 

Day 4, October 12

I played 12 today. The course was empty and I did 4 through 6 twice. It was nice. Also had time to work on my short game and sand shots. it was very windy, so I also worked on lowering flight 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 95:

Once through the bag (except putter).  Generally ok, though 3h was not as strong on lift as I hoped.  Driver and GX7 off the tee were solid in direction, lift and distance was as expected with Driver about 10-15 yards longer, though GX7 was quite a bit better on being on line.  5-9i were on line and distances were as expected with 7-10 yard gaps between the clubs. Happy with wedges both on longer and chip shot.  

Nice to have good results to finish out the week.  Tomorrow looks like serious rain; I had hoped to work out of the buyer tomorrow. but will have to see.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 251 - October 12, 2018 - Hit balls downtown while Natalie worked on her swing. Focused again back on the arm stuff, now that I realize/understand the shoulder stuff again (duh).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 285

Played another 18 holes today.  Same course, and score as yesterday. 

Played with a local who turned out to be a pretty good golfer. Had a good time watching his "below" par game. 

In My Bag:

DAY 323    Started the day by taking a playing lesson.   Played 6 holes with my coach so he could "see" me play.  I was two over par....  missed a couple of shots (both chip shots :-( )....  I was a little nervous, ... the experience was very helpful and will be the basis for my practice this coming month. Then went to my club and spent 90 minutes on the putting green working on distance control (using two different drills) and starting the ball on line (used the Pelz Putting Tutor for feedback).  Then over to the range for 90 minutes hitting mostly wedges and working on what my coach mentioned from the morning playing lesson.   All in all a solid day. :-) 

Day 16

Indoor putring practice for 15 minutes working on my aim. I have a tendency to aim a little to the left of the actual line when not picking a aiming point close to the ball. 

Day 36.  Today was a work-from-home day, and I managed to hit a dozen balls twice during breaks. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2: 5 minutes of mirror work again. Working on my takeaway and staying steeper from A2 to A4

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 286

Nothing fancy this morning. Some carpet putting, working on rolling a straight putt over a coin ( my line) a foot, or so in front of the ball. 

After that a few repetitive swings with my Kallassy club. 4 sets of 10 swings. 

Going to meander farther south later today to I-10, and Blythe Ca.  I hear tell there is a golf course or two down there. Then decide east, or west? 

In My Bag:

Day 17

Chipping and putting practice prior to playing 18 holes. I played horribly but it was a really beautiful day with great weather and it might have been the last round this year with summer greens.

DAY 324   Spent the first hour on the putting green working with the Pelz Putting Tutor to improve my ability to start the ball on the line...  after doing the drills with 2 hands, I duplicated them with only my Right or Left hand on the club.   Found I am more successful with my left hand, even though I am right handed :-(   Then spent an hour on the range working to maintain my centeredness over the ball and get more over the ball on the downswing.

• Administrator

Day 252 - October 13, 2018 - Putting work in the living room while finishing up some details for the Junior Elite Program.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets