IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 321 - December 31, 2018 - A good 50 minutes hitting balls, and then 25 minutes or so in a putting competition with @NatalieB. I snuck out the win in the end. 🙂

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 86, December 31

Weather was good enough for me to film my swing with my net set up. I made a new and improved stance platform for my very unlevel driveway. Much better. Focused on centered hip turn and transition. I will post my swings later in my My Swing thread. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 15:

10 minutes or so working on full swing again. Used 7 iron. Mix of struggles and good shots. Set up a tee time for tomorrow. 2019 Golf here I come! 

Day 80: Snowed a couple of inches today, so had to stick to indoor work. Just still doing mirror work. Working on the soft wrists feeling in transition. Also trying to finish the swing a little bit more than I have with my mirror work in the past.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Finished the year with a full 45 minutes with my golden whip and times with the family.

To all: Pros't Neujahr!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 365

Actually I think it day 366, but no biggie. 365 straight days of either practice, or playing. I will continue this streak into 2019. That being doing something with a golf club every day.  Truth be known, I probably have 800 or so days of continued practice.

Just not sure I will continue to post my daily golf stuff. I have a dozen practice routines I cycle through. Some routines more than others. It's a repetitive practice regimine, and I see no reason to keep repeating myself. 

Anyways, today it was uneven lie day. Mainly because that part of the short game area was sort of out the cold wind that helped bring in the new year. 

My biggest thing with uphill, down hill, ball above my feet, and below my feet ball lies, is staying in balance during the swing. Balance is the most important part of these awkward shots for me. 

To help stay in balance, I will open, or close my stance to level my hips to some degree. I will keep a constant knee flex during the swing. I will also have more weight on either the balls of my feet, or on my heels, depending on what gravity is doing to my stance. 

After the balance part, it's just a matter of matching my shoulder line to the slope as needed. I will also open, or close my shoulder swing line to compensate for more accurate ball flights. This is especially true for me on balls below, or above my feet. 

I will move the ball in my stance either a little forward, or backwards depending on where the low point in my swing might be. It does change on the the below, and above shots. 

I will take more, or less club depending on the shot, and the distance required. I will even choke down, or up on the club as needed. 

There are a few more things  involved in these four situations, that I might do. It just depends on how awkward the shot really is. 

The above is what I worked on this morning. This was one of those "reminder" practices, to keep from  forgetting something when playing for a score. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1/1/19:

Day 1:

Lag Putting practice. Mostly just attempting to feel like the distance is correct.

Did @JuanTheGolfer break my record yet?

I know I did a disappearing act on you guys, but things in my life have changed a lot since May, I haven’t forgotten about talking golf with you guys, it’s just some things in life are more important. Golf is a relaxing hobby to me. I love the game, but it’s taking it’s proper place in the bigger picture of my life. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 87, January 1

Downloaded the Mirror Vision app and tried it out. It worked pretty well. Focused on pitch elbow in the transition and downswing and recorded a few.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 170 Happy New year!

continuation (25 minutes Orange Whip®) and a new step forward for all things golf (having more fun) that was my first activity for 2019.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

1 hour and 10 mins

comprising:

30 mins working on swing path training tondrop into the slot at the top of my back swing - tonstop coming over the top. Initially I used my 8 then moved on to my hybrid.

Then 40 mins of target practise on SkyTrak at 40yds then 60yds, at the difficult setting.

51 minutes ago, Wjf67 said:

1 hour and 10 mins

comprising:

30 mins working on swing path training tondrop into the slot at the top of my back swing - tonstop coming over the top. Initially I used my 8 then moved on to my hybrid.

Then 40 mins of target practise on SkyTrak at 40yds then 60yds, at the difficult setting.

Welcome to The Sand Trap. Remember to put in the day. So for your post, it would be Day 1. When you get to one month, change th font color to Red.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Ended 2018 turning my left ankle on the golf course retrieving my ob golf ball. I did not want to end the year on a sour note. 

I am just nursing my ankle and hopefull will be able to golf this weekend. 

Day 1: January 1, 2019

I spent 30 minutes at home with the mirror vision app working on getting my backswing more on plane. Also had to take advantage of the 70 degree day and play 18. +6 78. Swing was all over the place at times. Been working on a lot at the range and thinking too much mechanics on the course. Not overly happy with the score, but there was a lot to take away from the round. 

• Administrator

Day 322 - January 1, 2019 - About 90 minutes on the full swing today (with some breaks - 90 minutes straight would be nuts), and about 15 minutes on my putting. I was flipping just the tiniest bit, probably getting 3-4° dynamic loft, instead of 1-2°. I'd started working on this two days ago. Just about done here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 402   Welcome to the New Year!!!!    Got up and headed to Sarasota Jungle Gardens for a couple of hours... and then to Legacy Golf Course to work on my game.   Spent an hour on the putting green, like yesterday, the first 30 minutes were with the Pelz Putting Tutor to help with training me to improve my ability to start the putt on line... it was not a good session.  Spent the next 30 minutes hitting 40 putts from 6 feet, 10 putts from each of the NSEW directions.  After starting 8/10 ... the next 30 were WAY less stellar.  I just had a hard time with focus. 

Spent 2 hours on the range working through drills to improve my impact (Key #2 Weight Forward, ....) and finished by using my JetStick for the appropriate exercise sequence to help me improve my swing speed.

Welcome back @onthehunt526  not sure if I have surpassed your record... but you will know.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 81: Still on the mirror work today. Same thing - working on the softening feel in transition. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 1, Jan 1,

a few short sessions working on steady head while putting and the recent setup changes.  Then some mirror work on my current full swing changes i’m working on; feeling narrower arc to the club going back, pushing down with left hand, shorter backswing with right tricep touching my side.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet