IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 322:

I spent the day putting, as I said I would do.

90 minutes and 4x around the same green as before.

1st round 4' putts, 17 tapped in well, one rimmed the cup and spun out to 6". I could live with that.

2nd circuit, 8'.  Made most of them 10, but that left 8 less than perfect.  I re-hit them all until I got them in. Most missed because of speed and hitting them solid.

3rd circuit was 12 feet. Object for a good shot was hitting them directly in or leaving me with a much easier second putt. In many of my rounds this is what I end up needing to do.  About 25% I was able to drop the putt, another 50% on second shot When I missed here I tended to miss long on the first putt or mis-read the line.

4th circuit to the gopher hole was to re-do the 12'.  A little better because to taking more time to read the line.

Will do this at least once a week.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 27.  Missed yesterday (5/28/19);  today, though, I hit a full small bucket at the range, SLOWLY (a habit I sometimes fall out of).  I focused on partial 8- and 7-irons and full swing 5-irons, working on setup and my shoulders.  I did a little bit of putting as time permitted, 15' out focusing on getting the ball to the hole.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

5/29/19:

Day 35:

What the hell is going on? Unfortunately, I have to break the rules of posting past 28 days a little bit. This post needs some color.

3 3 4 4 4 2 3 4- 30

Okay, one of the teams in the Wednesday night league needed a substitute or they would forfeit 9 points. So their A player asked if I could sub tonight. "Why the hell not?"

I played as the B player (even though I'm the lowest handicap my front nine course handicap is 3).

On #1 I hit a Driver past the bunker in the air and took a bounce on the driveway to the shop. I had 190 yards in and hit a nice 5-iron to the middle of the green some 25 feet in 2. I proceed to drain that putt for an eagle and immediately go 1 up (even with handicap the B couldn't compete with an eagle 3). I parred the second (no shot there). 3 is a shot hole. I hit driver, PW to 2 and a half feet. Canned that to go 3 up through three. I parred the next three holes. (Actually lost one to a net birdie on 5). On the seventh, I hit an 8-iron to the back pin about 8 feet short of the hole, and banged it in for birdie. On 8 I hit 5-wood, 9-iron literally 3 inches on to the front of the green and holed a 45-footer all the way to the back. I, at this point am unaware of where I stand for the round or for the match (how many points I have). On the par-5, 9th, I hit a really good drive. But was 240 out with no 3-wood, so I hit my 5-wood a little short and right and get up and down from 30 yards for birdie.

I won the "greenie" on 7. I won a skin for my eagle on 1. We added it up 3 times. 30. That's the best nine holes, I will probably ever shoot. Mind you the White Tees at Newman are only 3,055 yards (it's only a 9 hole course).

I picked up 7.5 points for the team I subbed for. The D player which I played with, actually broke 50 for the first time ever in league tonight. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 511. 

Just some warming up stuff prior to today's round. 

No particulars as far as focuses, and goals. More of a waking up the swing muscles sort of thing. 

Just want to improve on yesterday's round, which was big improvement over the previous day's round. 

Weather should reach 95+f  degrees today, which is my kind of playing weather. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

5/30/19:

Day 36:

Some chipping and pitching work today before the rain came. Most of the focus on the chipping was arms and shoulders. Pitching was getting the clubhead to the ball at the same time as my hands.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 230, May 30

Played 2 nine hole rounds today essentially. The first nine was pretty good with 4 pars and a birdie. But then we had an hour break for the league nine. I stiffened up and my scoring was not good on the second nine. I think I’ll do a cart for the first nine next time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 28.  In my indoor golf room (indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls), I spent 15 minutes hitting partial 7-irons and 9-irons.  I then hit a half dozen left-handed quarter swings with a left-handed sand wedge (borrowed from a friend;  might turn into a video to revive the old "show us your opposite handed swing" thread if I'm brave enough), then the medicine ball drill.  I think I'm getting better at that one because now I feel it where Dave describes I should in the video.

Oh, and... it's day 28 :-)   A day later than I intended but I'm here.  I need to post in the achievement thread... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 323

Today I focused on 2 clubs, my 3h and 4h. The main, if not only task was to improve loft.  

To get the loft I want, I need to let the club do the work better.  

I had been closing these a bit the bast few weeks. I would get ok distance and they both were fairly accurate, but I was aware that I hit lofts of only 10'.

Took time to make sure to set both of the clubs to get the better lofts.  Most ended up quite well.  I hit about 40 of the 50 wacks well with the rest  acceptable.  

Again, I cannot ford with my game to not make sure the set up is good.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 557   Took some practice swings indoors this morning, working on my backswing turn/rotation...  

Then headed out to play some golf.  Hooked up my Game Golf system, and soon realized that I had not charged the unit up enough, and it keep turning off.  Oh well.  I played 18 holes with some high school buddies.  I shot 82 with 4 three putt greens and 1 four putt green....for a total of 42 putts!!  I hit a LOT of greens in regulation!!  I just could NOT get used to the green speeds.  Very frustrating as I have been working on my putting and every once in awhile I have these outrageous number of putts.  Darn, old age!!!!

Day 11: 

Played 18 holes at my home track. Shot 95 (70.5/130). Handicap should drop a little bit again next revision. Drove the ball like crap, but fought hard all day. Irons were actually quite good, but man my drives put me in some interesting places. Inside 100 yards was crappy as usual...thats some low hanging fruit I need to pick soon. Didn't make any great putts but speed control was pretty good all day. 

• Administrator

Day 482 - May 30, 2019 - Practiced before some lessons arrived, after I jump started our other car because my kid left something on all day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 512 Just some pitch & chip & putt practice this morning. 

Focuses were on reads, set up, club face aim, and length of back stroke for the distance required for the pitches.

Focuses on the chips were on reads, set up, club face aim, and using my putting stroke. (Paul Runyon' method) These were the same for; my practice putts. 

Goal was to hole out, or just have a one putt left over. I was about 70%  successful overall. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

5/31/19:

Day 37:

More pitching and chipping work this morning, mostly focusing on not being TOO hands with my chipping and hitting the ball and ground simultaneously while pitching.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Day 42:

2614271_zJuPSNTe.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 324:

25 shots with the driver. With exception of two shots I was not able to follow, except by sound, the all had a fairly solid speed, loft, accuracy,  and distance. The ones that sounded a lot more thud were misses in all four of the measures.

Nice step forward in now having sound help me discover the final resting place of most drives.  Even the less than acceptable ones.

Average ball speed 115, solid loft, good direction with total distance oof 225.

Day 231, May 31

Worked on partial wedges today. I’ve been thinning and hitting them heavy. Focused on less hinge in the backswing. Started with chips, then1/4, 1/2 and 3/4. Did PW through LW. Hit off my mat but could still tell a heavier hit. Worked a bit on coming in steeper too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 483 - May 31, 2019 -

2614550_a9nyNMK5.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 558  Worked for a while on my backswing, taking swings with my right foot forward so I was turning against a firm right side.  This really helps me get the feel of rotating my shoulders AKA thoracic spine rather than swaying.  I find the better I get at this, the better I am striking the ball.

Then went with a couple of buddies to play a round of miniature golf!!  At this time, I have played more than 114 different miniature golf courses... my wife and I first started tracking them back almost 20 years ago.  I have played miniature golf from the Bahamas to Hawaii, from Florida to Toronto... .  And yes I have learned there are differences between miniature golf and putt-putt.