IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 517. Walked/Played 27 holes earlier today. Averaged 4.51 strokes per hole. 

No focuses, and no goals. Just went out and played relaxed golf. Hit the ball. Go find it. Then hit it again. A very simple strategy.

Well, I guess there was one focus, and goal. That was to stay hydrated in the near triple digit heat. Warm summer weather is finally here.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 488 - June 5, 2019 - Greenside shots have been a glaring weakness for a few weeks now, particularly as the rough has gotten THICC! 😄 So while Natalie played a little worst ball and then worked on her putting on the greens of eight holes tonight, I spent a lot of time with the wedges hitting some different chips and pitches.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 3:

Missed yesterday (not off to a great start lol). Tonight just worked on some of my swing feels checking positions in the mirror. Hopefully will have some good putting practice tomorrow. 

DAY 563  Spent time travelling home today... so when I got in, I went into my office and spent 5 minutes with my shortened club working on rotating in my backswing versus swaying....   I know someday this will become second nature.  Until then I will do the drills!!

Day 47: Went to the range tonight. Hit balls for about half an hour, working on my priority piece. Took some videos, and it's look pretty solid. Then went and worked on my chipping for about 15 minutes. Just working on the little chip/putting motion in a thread on here. Trying to get another shot around the green for when I need it. Then spent about 30 minutes working on lag putting. Overall, really good session.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 34.  Fifteen minutes of slow swings with a 6-iron, off a mat, into a net, real balls, indoors.  Focused on my priority piece from evolvr involving some head movement. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6/5/19

Day 41:

15 balls just getting flighting and compression down. It's really my next step is clubface control.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 237, June 6

Mirror work at lunch focusing on set up and swing feel. Playing my league 9 later.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 518. Played 18 (actually 20) holes this morning. Went out early to beat the heat, since we playing a wide open course, with little shade available.

Carded a 79, for a 4.39 average per hole. Had 29 putts. 

The 79 is not really indicative of how well I did, or didn't swing the clubs. This course, once off the tee, left many, many, line of sight, clear shots to the greens. I probably saved myself, 3-4 strokes on this particular layout. 

Still, a 79 is still a 79, and will look good when I turn my card in at my home course.

In My Bag:

Day 4:

Spent some time on the practice green on my lunch break. Did the “no three putt” drill from Dave Pelz (well it’s a modification of a drill he teaches in a video. Putted three balls from 30, 40, and 50 feet. Had to two putt of better each ball at each distance or had to start over at that distance. Got 30 and 40 feet in one attempt. Took three or four attempts to get the 50 footer. 

Day 35.  Went to the practice facility.  Started with some putting, then some chipping (quarter swings with 56 and 50), then hit the range.  My focus was to see if my picture has changed with my irons (camera related).  It does not appear to have changed yet (no surprise, the lesson was recent).  Still, encouraging how well I hit the ball.  Did SpeedStix for the third time this week (two days ago and four days ago), so that's nice too.  Finished with some putting from 4', 6', 9', 12', and 15'.  I need to start recording (not video, just numbers) my putting and short game practice so I can see how it's improving.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 489 - June 6, 2019 - 20 minutes of short game work again. I'm playing 36 tomorrow and looking forward to it!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 48: Worked on putting with the yardstick drill today. Checking out my set up and stroke, along with my bead.

-- Daniel

• Administrator

Day 519. Work with my longer clubs this morning on the driving range. All full swings. Was going to play, but the weekend crowds are showing up earlier these days in this great golfing weather. 

Although I had targets in mind, I had no real focuses, or goals. Just wanted to hit balls.

Today's practice was basically just a work out for my full swing muscles. That, and to help ensure my brain continues to send the right messages, to the right muscles, and other body parts. Sounds weird I know, but I am of the belief that even one's brain can use a little exercise every so often.

Took my time in between shots. Hit a 1/2 basket of balls, (45+/-) and gave the rest away. 

Might do some carry yardages checks with various clubs a little later today. My yardages have changed a little with this warmer weather. 

In My Bag:

DAY 564  I missed yesterday as I was travelling home from a golf trip to New York State.  Based on the four rounds of golf I played,... it reinforced what I need to continue to work on.   So spent 1 3/4 hours on the range, working on rotating on the backswing and my being less tense.  The spent an hour around the chipping/pitching green continuing to work on my technique.... which is getting better.

Day 238, June 7

Range work at The Links at Union Vale. Just focused on set up and alignment. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 49: Played 9 holes. Then went and worked on my swing at the range, hit some chips and pitches, and then worked on short putts for about 40 minutes.

-- Daniel