IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 36.Β  Went to the practice facility.Β  Slow swings, priority piece from evolvr;Β  8-iron (flight), 6-iron (full), 3H, 4W, driver.Β  All in anticipation of playing tomorrow + Sunday.Β  Also did some 6' putts (aiming to make) and 30' (aiming for speed).

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 340

Can't believeIdid not post yesterday! Β Ok, I still survive

Today was a good day, got to the range about 7:30 AM to beat the heat, but I still only took about 50 swings. Β Mostly wedges to work on both distance and direction. Β While not perfect, I had only a few I would have not accepted in a game. Β Loft was fairly good so I had few long runners.

In My BELDINΒ Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bagΒ :Β Β :ping:Β G410Β Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr, Β GX-7 Β (acting as aΒ 3 wood)Β Β :ping:Β 4H, 5H.Β SrΒ FlexΒ Β Β :ping:Β  G400 6i Sr Flex,Β G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0 Β Wedges (50ΒΊ,Β 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ) Β :touredge:Β  Chipper Β :ping:Β Putter:Β Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:Β Β e12 for the items IΒ try to hit on purpose.Β Β :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (withΒ PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 520. Worked on the four uneven ball lies this morning. Those being the ball above/below my feet, and the two side hill ball lies. I am fortunate my home course practice area has a 4' foot mound that allows me to practice these 4 situations.

Focuses were on ball position in my stance, weight (balance) distribution on my feet, posture, club (loft) selection, club face aim, shoulders matching the slope, while "tilting"Β from my waist, swinging along my shoulder tilt, choking up/down on the club, and probably a few other things I am forgetting right now.Β 

Funny how that works. When playing for a score,Β or practicing all the little adjustments needed to pull off a shot, they are pretty much automatic. However, as I peck on my phone, those adjustment don't come to mind as easily. Not to worry, as I am sure TST has instructions on how to handle uneven lies. You Tube also provides instruction on these shots.Β 

One of the more important aspects of hitting off uneven lies, for me,Β  is to know how the loft, and club face angle is going to effect the ball flight. As the lie becomes more extreme, I will aim farther left or right of my target, to land the ball closer to my target. Just like in my putting, my read of the situation tells me where to aim.Β 

My goal this morning,Β as with all my practice routines was to send the ball towards my intended target. When practicing uneven lies, I use my trolley as a target. I found early on, it's easier to move my trolleyΒ than to move the mound I am hitting off of.Β πŸ˜„

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 565Β  Β Rise and Grind... I was out before 8 a.m. working on the range on my backswing, and tempo.Β  Part of working on my backswing is to hit SUMO Squat 3-woods. ... where you widen your stance considerably, squat down low so you are stabilziing your legs... then hit three woods, so that all of your effort essentially comes from rotation/your pivot.Β  Β You have to stay in your posture or you miss the ball entirely.Β  Great drill.Β  Β After a variety of drills, almost three hours later I headed home.

Day 341

Up earlyΒ and out to play a roundΒ at a course near my home. 72ΒΊ at tee off, 87ΒΊ when I finished 3 hours later.

A steady round,Β even though my 99 might suggest I did not play a good round. (6400 from senior tees)

Drives were some of the best I have ever hit. Β 11 GIR and no OB or water off of the tees. I did hit 5 fairway traps however. Β Many of the drives were, for me, long at about 230 yards. While I still played my ever popular draws, I had no severe pulls. I did not hit any of the par three greens from off of the tees.

The groupΒ off hybrids were OK, but I tended to playΒ them safe.Β Everything was acceptable except for distance.

The 6i, 7i, 9iΒ grouping was also iffy at times.Β Tended to get too high of a loft to make them solid. Β I left myself with needing a wedge shot afterwards instead of taking a chance for a longer hit.

My ball seemed to have a sand magnet in it today. Β If I hit a fairway trap, I had few problems as the trapsΒ there allowed you toΒ thinkΒ more of a normal lie, except you could not ground it. Β I hit 3 green side traps that were inΒ rough condition. Β Even though I was in the second group out, I noticed the traps were un-raked from the dayΒ before (one of my shots even hit a rake which was in the trap). Made play out of these traps very difficult and for 2 of the three I took the easy out sideways rathe than try to clear the high lipsΒ fromΒ the very loose but gritty sand.

Putting was not too bad with only one 4 putt, and theΒ rest either 2 or three. Β For me, that was not the best.

No pars at allΒ today with 4 double bogies and 1Β triple.

So home now to re--study the course, as I plan on playing it, again, later this week.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDINΒ Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bagΒ :Β Β :ping:Β G410Β Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr, Β GX-7 Β (acting as aΒ 3 wood)Β Β :ping:Β 4H, 5H.Β SrΒ FlexΒ Β Β :ping:Β  G400 6i Sr Flex,Β G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0 Β Wedges (50ΒΊ,Β 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊ) Β :touredge:Β  Chipper Β :ping:Β Putter:Β Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:Β Β e12 for the items IΒ try to hit on purpose.Β Β :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (withΒ PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 37.Β  Played 18 with several friends.Β  Game golf posting coming soon.Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

Day 239, June 8

Played 18 with the NE Mods at The Links at Union Vale in New York. Had a lot of fun. Thanks @nevets88, @jamoΒ and @billchao!

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 50: Full swing mirror work today. Working on keeping my club outside my hands until A2, along with a little more weight shift in the takeaway.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 491Β - June 8, 2019 - Ten minutes putting before Natalie played completely brain dead golf. She needs to turn some stuff around soon.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 6:

Yesterday was another missed day. Not a great start this time around lol. Rough week. Regardless spent some time getting some backswing mirror work in.Β 

Day 521. Worked on approach shots this morning. Shots were from 25 yards up to 80 yards. Did this on the driving range.

Hit regular, pitch, flops, and punch shots. Used irons, and my 7W.Β 

Focuses were on random target selections, club selection, set up, ball position in my stance,Β club face aim with an intermediate spot, one piece take away, and just putting a good impact swing on the ball.Β 

There was also a pretty good north wind, which also added to my focuses. (aim, and club selecton)

Goal was simple enough. Just land the ball as close as possible to my selected target.Β 

Most shots were hit off the turf, with the rest tee'd up. Some were full swing shots, and others abbreviated.Β 

It was a good time spent practicing.

Β 

In My Bag:

DAY 566Β  Β Spent a little more than 2 hours on the practice range.Β  Continuing to work on my backswing (rotating versus swaying), tempo and staying in my posture through the swing.Β  Β Also spent time hitting my driver with the specific intent of "speed out front"Β  Β The term means that you just try to keep up your speed through the ball and to the finish... versus a tendency to hit at the ball.... when I focus on "speed out front" it tends to improve my sequencing and more power through the ball.

DAY 342.

Missed a chance to go out before triple digits on the tempΒ gauge;Β so I spent todayΒ indoors working on two things.

Posture was one. I was making sure IΒ was in a good position, kneesΒ not too bent and not overly reaching forΒ the ball. Β When theΒ position felt good I took a comfortable swing. Β Went through this routine for a bout 30 minutes. At the end, IΒ felt quite comfortable. Β Only problem was my wife snickering at my appearance.

Putting was the other. Β Set out the putting mat, but added a secondary mat/surface to create an indoor length of just under 15 feet. 30Β minutes on this, got to sink 8 in a row at one point.

Β 

Day 240, June 9

Light day today. Just a bit of short game work.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 38.Β  Qualifying tournament (18 holes, medal play) to qualify for match play, which I won in 2015 at my club (see achievements below) but haven't won a 1-on-1 match play match since.Β  Β Shot an 87 (net 74) to qualify for #14 seed (out of 16).Β Β 

Β 

Here's the GG round:

Β 

2626883_e0G1q1B6.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Today's highlights included a 244 yard drive, a chip to under a foot on hole #2 (saved par that way), and a sand save at #18.Β 

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

Day 51: Full swing mirror work again. Just working on the feel of keeping the club outside my hands at A2, as well as a little more weight shift away from the ball at takeaway.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Day 492Β - June 9, 2019 - Putted in the hotel hallway before @NatalieB's round today.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Day 522. Work on chipping, and putting this morning. This routine involves me using one ball, a wedge, and my putter.Β 

I randomly move around the green, andΒ drop the ball. Usually up to 10' feet off the green. I then chip the ball to randomly selected practice hole. I tend to pick the tougher pin locations.Β  If the ball does not go in the hole, I then finish up with my putter.Β 

Focuses areΒ onclub selection, green reads for both the chip, and putt, set up, club face alignment to a chosen intermediate target for both clubs, and the landing area for the chip shot.Β 

Goal is finish the hole in two strokes, or less.

My chipping, and putting strokes are identical. For me, this is the best method I have found for both distance control, and accuracy.Β 

In My Bag: