IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 249, June 18

Net work today. Worked on set up alignment and hip turn through impact.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 9:

Good slow practice today. Only hit about 15 balls in total. 6 iron and PW. Still a bit flat at the top. 

DAY 575 Spent 30 minutes on the range working on not early extending... or AKA staying in my posture during the downswing.   Then played a course I have never played before, with a friend who lives near it.  Thank heavens he was driving the cart and knew the layout or I might still be out there!!  Lots of target golf.   On the good new side I shot 79.  Slope was 128, and Course Rating was 69.0     Time to spend some time in front of the mirror....  and then to sleep, since tomorrow is another round of golf on a new course for me!!

Day 60: Still on the full swing mirror work. Keeping my club outside my hands until A2, along with that little weight shift away from the ball in the takeaway.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 47.  Went to the practice facility in the afternoon.  Did short putting, then some pitching (wanted to check that I still had a 35-40 yard shot in me, since my 50 yard shot seems to have become 60), then a small bucket of balls (30 balls, about 75 minutes : slow swings and plenty of practice with my priority piece involving the weight shift).  I then did some more pitching (checking for a 45 yard runner and a 25 yard pitch) and finished with some putting (12-15', focus on getting it to the hole). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 350 :

Good day with the longer clubs!

3h,4h, and 5h all did what they were supposed to do.  Good loft, excellent distances, good direction.  I made a slight mental adjustment to keep my head down and keep the contact square.  

Both the GX-7 and the Ping G5 were strong off the tee and the GX-7, which I call my 3W, was solid off the turf.

I should also say all 3 wedges played as expected.

Feel ready for my round tomorrow!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 531. Just some chipping, and pitching practice this morning. Shots were up to 10+/- yards from the green. 

Focuses were on green reads, set up, club face aim, and back swing lengths. 

Goals were to hit the same spot, my intermediate target,  on the green, with different clubs, and let the ball run from there. Just a reminder as to what different clubs will do, with these shorter shots.

I also hit some flop shots, just because. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 351

Good pre-round warm up with 25 smacks.  Driver was very good and, more importantly, so was the 6i.

On to the round!

Desert Mirage is a nice course for short game practice, even if it needs better care.  28.9/89 1867 yards. 9 holes

images.png.a6d7ef56a1e4bd6f643581024ab094e6.png

36 total with 6 Bogies, 2 Par, 1 Bird. Could (should) have had 2-4 more Pars if I would have putted with more confidence.

2 GIR, 5 FIR, 15 Putts, 0 Penalties

On to a longer course this weekend.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

love this! I've been thinking of somewhere I could post about my training progress. I had a calendar in the garage with what I worked on that day but nothing in detail like this.

last night I went to the green for an hour and 15 and worked on my touch/feel with chips from 30' to 10'. I set up an alignment rod 10' from me and another one 30' from me. my goal is to get the first one as close to the back alignment rod, second one inside of the first, and so on until i'm chipping to the 10' alignment rod. it takes a lot of feel and touch in order to get them close and put a lot of balls inside the two alignment rods. my most was 6 balls. I was working on ball position and trying to visualize my landing area. I find when I can visualize my landing area its much easier for me to "feel" the shot. I am trying to use more of a putting stroke in the sense the club doesn't get behind me. I find when the club gets behind me its much easier to shallow out too early if my transition isnt perfect. If I use more of a putting stroke I can be more aggressive and control the spin. 

#myjourneytobetter

Day 10: 

Went to the practice green for twenty minutes or so around lunch. Just worked on hitting pitch shots (most of tightish lies) making sure I was using the proper technique. Showed a little progress today. 

DAY 576  Rained in today... so I worked on my swing in front of the mirror.  Trying to continue to do a better job of rotating my thoracic spine on the backswing and stay in my angles throughout the swing.    Getting out tomorrow, to practice and play a new course.  

• Administrator

Day 502 - June 19, 2019 - Did a little work with the SwingAlign in prep for a review. Not too tough to swing with it, though I like some people to get internal BEFORE they go external, and this may limit that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 61: Still just full swing mirror work. Was hoping to get to the range, but my shithead toddler ruined that by getting out of bed constantly.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 48.  I thought very hard of going out and doing a full on practice session, but I decided against it -- I'm playing three of the next four days (two are tournament rounds), so I decided to take it easy.  I did the medicine ball drill and did some stretching as well.  Probably my lightest practice day in the past 49 days, other than the single miss last month at some point. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 532. Just some putting this morning, in preparation a round of golf in a little while. 

6 pins cw. 6 pins ccw. 6 pins random. No 3 putts. 

Supposed to be pretty windy later on today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 352:

7i 9i practice to secure a better play to the green when it is too far for the wedges.  

Then moved on to getting more loft in my wedges,  as I did not get quite enough and the roll, more than 2 times, left me off the green or with long putts.

Day 2 

yesterday a co-worker and I hit up a course called Carnoustie located in Port Coquitlam B.C. I shot a nice little 80 while he broke 100 for the first time. I was working on my putting alot in this round and to my amazement I was a +3.9 handicap in my putting according to Arccos Golf. I typically use a line on my ball when on the putting green and to free up my stroke a bit I used a ball without a line and my putting improved. I found that when I did this it free'd up my stroke and let me visualize the putt much better. I also worked on playing to my strengths and playing from the green back instead of playing from the hole to the green. I think I'm onto something!!

Day 251, June 20

Mirror work again. Busy work day. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave