IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

@Shindig  Fair question about why quit at 600.   No particular reason, just tired of having to write about my practices... and wondering have I posted today or not, so I do not lose my "Clock Badge".  AND want to invest these few minutes in something else.  I may post on occasion, if I have particular insights, or things I think might have value for others.   And of course, ANYONE on this thread who wants to ask me questions about drills, practice routines, etc are welcome to PM me.    

Thanks for asking.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 274, July 14

Hot day so just pitching and chipping after mowing the lawn.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 73.  Speed sticks (I haven't been marking them, or my gym time, in this thread;  should I be?) and then putting drills (around the world from 3', made 10/12 both times;  killer, made the 12' but left the 15' on my last ball less than a foot short).  

Also I finally bought knitting needles and elastic string.  Look for me to try some read drills in this space before too long!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 372

Heat was the kill joy again today!

So 20 minutes of golf related warm-ups,  followed by 20 minutes on the back patio with the orange weapon, and 20 minutes indoors with putts.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 74.  Medicine ball drill after the gym.  It feels so much easier now, and it's not like I was lifting heavy today.  If it keeps feeling easier, I might consider getting a heavier ball in the future (mine is 12 lbs). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 275, July 15

Mirror work at the gym then later chipping and pitching in the yard.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 373

Added to my time with physical warm-ups, Orange Whip® and putting with a half hour on the treadmill to keep the heart rate up.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 374'

Up early today 15 minutes on treadmill followed by 15 minutes with the Orange Whip®.  I will putt some later on, but I needed in ingest some coffee!

Day 276, July 16

Played my league mid year tournament today and played truly horrible. I somehow managed to win a closest to the pin and quota point $, but I was dreadful off the tee. Need to play more.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 75.  Speed Stix and then 20 minutes of putting.  I tried using my new knitting needles and elastic string to see if I found a straight putt, but I don't know how to incorporate feedback.  Also did killer and miscellaneous 6' putts and 12' putts. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 277, July 17

Mirror work at the gym. Had the hooks yesterday and it cost me at least 8 shots. Still working on set up and where to aim the face. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 375

FINALLY got a very early day at the range.  Only 90º when I started.

I worked my 22º and 24º hybrids and my 6i and 7i. These are my usual clubs after the tee. 

All gave good distance and fairly good loft, though the 24º was a bit to the right on some shots.

I was, as well, concentrating on eliminating a chicken wing in the left arm, and, for the most part, that was good.  All in all, considering my lack of full swing time in these last few weeks.  Hope to get back tomorrow AM.

Day 1 

Did putting practice for an hour at my local club, using the drill where you put in a circle from 4 feet and have to go around twice or start over. I don’t think I made it around twice the hole time... definitely at the beginning of my golf journey. 

My practice paid off today.  I played in a scramble, drove the ball the best I ever had in a tournament, ... we selected my drive 12/12 times we could which included 2/4 times on the par 3s.  Still lots of work to do!!  So I wanted to share this picture.  Hope your practice is paying off!!

Yoda.jpg

Day 278, July 18

Played 18 today. Relatively cool, so it was pleasant.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 76.  I missed yesterday (7/17/19), my first miss since mid-May.  So I'm still in the contest!

Speed Sticks and, I intended to do a range session but couldn't get range balls because of an event, so I putted for 15 minutes.  I worked on 10-15' putts, focusing on hitting them with the right break and getting them to the hole, preferably in or about 1' past.  I didn't do anything measurable for this. 

I'm falling behind in my 65% full swing practice, so I'm planning to focus on this tomorrow + Saturday. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 77.   Spent 10 minutes hitting half shots with my W, another 10 hitting flight shots with it, and then 10 minutes of flight with my 8-iron.  Slow, plus practice swings, maintenance. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 376

40 minutes with my hybrids.

3H (19º) was solid in range and accuracy. 170 yards was the average distance and ball speed was good. Nice loft, not too high with a solid roll after.  This club is starting to become predictable.

4H (22º) was OK to Good. While distance was a very keepable at 155yards average, and loft aided a solid roll, I was a little bit all over the place between a draw and a fade. This made planning before the shot a bit tough.  None of them were so offline as to make them un-playable; many landed on the green I was targeting, just not as near to the flag as I thought I was aiming for..  Maybe I am complaining too much.

5H (24º) came in at 145 yards average distance, and consistent loft and accuracy. I had been getting too high of a loft the other day and lost some distance as a result.  

All did well as I finally got a few days in a row with solid full swings.