IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 1

Have been practicing a lot lately, both with a weighted club indoors, and off a mat into a net in the backyard, so I figured I might as well get in on this.  I have been working on triggering my downswing with my left knee moving toward the target and getting my hips open at impact, and I can see a really significant improvement with my impact through the ball.  My focus has been making sure that I am facing the target and holding the pose, which means that I have gotten the clubhead through impact in a much more powerful position, resulting in a penetrating ball-flight.  I worked on full swings with a set of tiny, old Ram blades, and most of my strikes were pure... or close to it. 

I also worked out with a 20lb kettlebell, and my weighted club.

Golf Net.jpeg

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 14: Went to the range for about an hour. Worked on my long game, still on the little move off the ball (trying to make it littler), for about 30 minutes. Then went and worked on my putting, primarily lag putting, for half an hour.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 404

Still on the 5h, 6i, 7i focus

Today I played a bit of a game: shot with 5h followed by a shot with either the 7i or 6i. Goal was to hit a total yard score and in the direction I was aimed at.

For example, I aimed at a green 275 yards out.  Depending on how well the 5h shot went, I would choose either of the irons to finish up. Intent was to be on the green OR leave myself a very playable chip.

Sometimes I was really happy and a few times invectives may have passed my lips. Even the heat did not bother me.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 1. A large part of why I finally made a profile is this thread & accountability that comes with it. Anyhow, 20 minutes practicing putting stroke with the mirror plate. Working on consistent takeaways. Sometimes the toe seems to lag on the backstroke and I’m really working to square that up. 

Day 7

8/20/19

Pitched balls with my SW to a bucket 30 yards away. My consistency was not there and only around half of the shots were good.

I'm scheduling time tomorrow to work on the same practice routine. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

2 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Day 7

8/20/19

Pitched balls with my SW to a bucket 30 yards away. My consistency was not there and only around half of the shots were good.

I'm scheduling time tomorrow to work on the same practice routine. 

And kudos to you craigers.

• Like 1

Day 15: Mirror work today. Working on my full swing. Making that move slightly smaller off the ball, along with earlier hip rotation. Soft wrists feel in transition as well. Looking pretty good.

-- Daniel

Day 2

Spent about thirty minutes hitting a pitching wedge and seven-iron into my net.  Still working on initiating my swing with my lower body.  Hit some clunkers, but overall made really good contact. 

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 108.  I was boring today, and while wfh, I was able to do the medicine ball drill from LSW.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 2. Routine work. Trying hard to develop a consistent pre shot routine. I’ve incorporated a metronome into these drills with the whole routine taking 16 beats from start to impact. About 45 minutes hitting into the net with each shot preceded by the full routine. If any step was out of place I started over. A big thing making sure my starting position behind the ball is the same every time. Today’s revelation was I need to be starting on my left foot, this eliminates one whole step and two beats off the total time. Starting to see some results with this.

Edited by OB-OG
More detail about the routine.

Day 109.  Played 18 at a course I like with some friends.  While the course/tees are shorter than I usually play (a tad bit under 6000 yards, par 71), I shot 85.  Nine GIR.  Four of those GIR had a 3-putt.  Three of those were from 40+ feet out, so not a surprise on their own, but taken together.  And on one of those I hit the first putt fat. 

But what really got me was after going no-6s on the first nine, on the par-5 10th I hit a wedge to set up an 18 foot birdie attempt, and I left it 6' short, missed, got my first six of the day. :-(   Birdied the last par-5 to get to even par on par-5s for the day but :-( Also I was 5-over on the par-3s. 

The round:

2738396_PqxcTYnl.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Strokes gained:

* Off the tee, 2.65 , maybe an 11 or 12 handicap level

* Approach 4.2, single digit handicap level (high single digit but still)

* Short game 1.59, pretty much at 10 handicap level.  This was greatly helped by a chip-in on #6, my first chip-in on the course in about two years.

* Putting 6.26 -- ... yeah, my first car was a model 626 but that doesn't make this feel any better.  

We'll say those words again, glaring weakness.  I am and will work on it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 3

I wasn't able to go outside and hit balls because of a gifted endorsement class after school, so I spent about ten minutes swinging my weighted club at a variety of speeds to try and groove my swing.  I'm really feeling my lower body initiating the swing.  I'm going to try and call tomorrow and set up my second lesson for Friday afternoon.

Day 16: Full swing mirror work again tonight. Working on making that move off the ball smaller. Also soft wrists in transition.

-- Daniel

Day 8

8/21/19

Full dry swings with my 3w. I didn't seem very comfortable with my swing tonight and know some of the shots would have been bad.

Getting in better shape would really help my swing. I need to lose 20 lbs.

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 312, August 22

Sweaty practice today in 150% humidity. I had to wear rain gloves. Worked on my PP with 7 iron and driver and filmed it. Then did chipping and pitching in the yard. The sweat was dripping off my hat brim the whole time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 3. 

Worked on contact and routine. Hit 20 shots with full routine marking if it was off the heel (H) slight heel (h) sweet spot (s) slight toe (t) full toe (T). Results were:

H: 0/20: h: 1/20; s: 14/20; t: 4/20; T 1/20

my tendency is obvious. Unsure what to do other than just line up a bit more heel side. Overall pleased. I do this test monthly and it’s improved over the last 12 months. 

Did another 20 shots focusing on the routine. I rated each shot from 1-5 on overall ‘quality’ of the routine. Did it take to long, did I lose focus, etc. Average score over 20 shots was 3.6. 

• Like 1

Day 9

8/22/19

Pitched with my SW again. The 1st few shots were a mixed bag of bad and good shots. After around the 5th shot I started to find a groove and make some consistent contact.

• Upvote 1

-Craig-

In my bag:

Day 4

Another day... another evening shot.  Curriculum Night at school meant getting home after 8:00, so I worked with the weighted club again.  After that I putted to various spots around the living room for about five minutes.  It's been ages since I've actually putted.