IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 3 - January 2, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Messed around with some different feelings to get the club to fall behind me a bit more. Backswing is feeling good. Feeling is probably temporary, as it's barely January. That said, I did work on this last winter, so the feelings will come back more quickly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 31

More practice of this short game shot again. Contact is starting to get cleaner as I get more comfortable with the motion. Still fighting tendency to hit at the ball instead of let gravity bring the club head down. I am hitting into a net, so not exactly sure if I'm hitting the ball 15 yards or 50 yards. That realization will have to come on the course.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator

Day 4 - January 3, 2020

Not a ton to say here. Same as the previous days, and same as the work in my swing topic. I did a good job today of not staying too far on my front side, really letting it "load" right (which isn't really that far right, but when I set up 50/50 I'm actually 60/40, so centered feels pretty far right already).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

day 2

same as yesterday mainly driver

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 32

Warmed up before my round today by practicing this short game technique in my yard hitting into a net, working on feeling gravity bring the club down to the ball. After short game practice, I hit 15 shots with 8-iron, focusing on keeping head still and not moving down target line. Then went out and played a shitty round.

-Peter

Day 3

6i, 7i, 9i and driver were put to work today.

Working on foot position and keeping concentration on the ball.

Focus tomorrow and the rest of the week will e working on improving ball speed.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 5 - January 4, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do. Same as the day before.

Day 33

Worked on 8-ft putts in my living room while watching the morning NFL playoff game. Also some driver swing slo-mo rehearsals.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 6 - January 5, 2020

Just ten balls today. Well, 11, as I hit the first one to get loose. 🙂 I'm finding success feeling a bit of a "two-way" adjustment to the transition.

1. Roll the right palm up so the thumb goes back.
  2. Throw out the right elbow, which even though it feels like it's going behind me, is really going in front of me.

The second supports the former. Then I have to keep the right palm feeling up/out and pivot through the shot.

Hitting shanks 1 out of every six or seven shots right now, which is good.

Day 4

30 Driver whacks focusing on techniques to improve swing speed. Keeping hips fully involved for the most part.

Day 5

Focused today on proper sequence of a full swing with my 7i and driver to get better ball and swing speeds at consistent levels.  This week, ball speed has gained about 12-15 mph primarily as a result of making sure the right hip begins the process of the down swing. When it does not work well, it is more the result of brain fart meeting old body as much as anything else. Improved strikes with better speed resulted in about 15-29 yards.  Not 100% automatic yet.

Day 34

Did 15 minutes of hitting into a net with 7-iron, working on a feel of reaching behind me (if target is  at 12 o'clock, I'm reaching hands/clubhead toward 7:30 to start the downswing). This is a feel I've worked on with instructor that has been really helpful in getting my plane good, and also having a wider swing/more speed.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 7 - January 6, 2020

I started with my SuperSpeed today. I don't measure everything, but I do go as hard as I can at it. I take the median of five values with the medium weight stick. Today I was 118 and 124.

Anyway, my full swing was about 15-18 balls. Just making sure I have a good backswing without the right elbow over-folding. That's gotta be priority one, as failing to do that will make it nearly impossible to achieve what I need to do on the downswing. The trick is always going to be doing this backswing bit at speed. It'll be a combination of extensor action (kinda) and also a slightly slower backswing.

• iacas changed the title to "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge 2018-20

Day 6

20 minutes of working the sequence of a good swing, first slowly then speeding it up

Day 35

Worked on pitching technique. I’ll probably focus on this the rest of the week until I have my lesson on Saturday.

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 8 - January 7, 2020

Had Dave look at my swing today, briefly. Good extensor action (I can feel it almost more through my left arm sometimes), and then the feeling of two little downswing moves that work for me. He verified that it's working pretty well.

Day 7

Arrived late for a 9 hole jaunt.  So only had time to hit 10 practice shots and do about 10 minutes of physical warm ups.  True, they did help in many ways; I wish I had more time.

Day 36

More pitching practice into my net today. Hit 30 shots focusing on weight forward, the feeling of gravity bringing the club head down to the ball, and thumping the bounce.

Avoiding full swing work until my next lesson this weekend.

-Peter