IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 25 - Worked on the palmar flexion with 7 irons and driver again. A bit better results today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 87 - March 25, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

I plan to update my Member Swing topic with a video or a photo or both, but… sway, trash can, miss right.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 31: Went to the driving range for the last time for a while probably. Hit balls for about 20 minutes, focusing on not moving too much off the ball with my trigger. Then went and putted for a while, just playing around with my new Edel putter. Also putted on my mat during some conference calls.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 1

Getting back on the practice train again.  Took my new toy - Zelocity Radar - to the backyard swing lab and hit shots into the net for about a half hour.  Hit some clunkers, but hit a lot of really solid shots and got some pretty good data on distances.  Really working on my hinging my right wrist - instead of cocking - and keeping the clubface square through the swing, instead of fanning it open like my old tendency.  This is something that I've been working on for a while.

I'm also working on getting my hands higher in the backswing, and when I do, I see a real improvement in distance, as well as the quality of contact.  I really have to work on not getting lazy with my arms, and letting my right arm fold at the top.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 110

Worked on key points from my last lesson with long iron (4-iron) and hybrid. Hit 10 balls with each club. Feeling like contact closer to heel, which is concerning.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 26 - Got out of the bomb shelter and worked on full swing a bit. I was in a pissy mood and that translated into just hitting balls mostly. I’m tired of just practicing. 

end of whine. 😀

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 88 - March 26, 2020

Played tee to green on nine holes with @NatalieB today. Hit multiple balls many times, took a Sunday bag with few clubs, and otherwise hit the ball pretty well. Not with the driver - solid, but right - but overall I'm pretty pleased with the work I'm doing right now. Especially as I'm sure it's probably only being done about 20% or 30% or so.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 1 - March 26 2020.  Fell off the wagon a few days ago due to having to transition my teaching to online.  Which is stupid for me to fall off because of, because it means I'm home more ... and my home office is adjacent room-wise to my home practice room.

So I used the home practice room today.  Practice includes full shots with my 8-iron, half shots with my left-handed sand wedge, and medicine ball swings.  I'm also thinking about how I can adjust the "at home" practice section of LSW for short game when I don't have a lawn or an outdoor mat. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 32: Did a superspeed session.

-- Daniel

Day 2

More work on the full swing in the backyard swing lab.  I was absolutely raking my pitching wedge.  Averaged 127.5 yards with it.  My problem is, as I get further up the irons, I lose yardage.  My 6 iron goes just a shade under 160 yards and my 5 iron only goes 162.5 yards.  My 4 hybrid goes 176 and my 3 hybrid goes 185, so I have a bit of a gap in this range.  In all fairness, I was pretty tired by the time I started hitting these clubs, but I really feel that I need to work on my swing speed.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 111

Did a superspeed workout today. 

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• Administrator

Day 89 - March 27, 2020

Played a few holes today. Relatively good shots, though some a bit thin because the course was very wet.

Day 3

Friday, March 27, 2020

Started out hitting 5 irons to see what kind of distances I could get out of it while not tired.  Turns out, not much more than my 6 iron.  My average with the 5 iron is 160.1 yards.  My average with the 6 iron is 159.7 yards.  That's a gap of less than half a yard.  Finished with my 7 iron, and averaged 150.5 yards. 

Day 33: Putted for a while on conference calls. Working on the feel with my new putter, as well as a bit more speed control.

-- Daniel

Day 112

Swing is not feeling good lately, a lot of contact toward the heel which I haven’t dealt with in awhile. Decided to do some Planemate protocol work with the short game band, just did areally simple pitching motion from the protocol to get some confidence again. 

-Peter

Day 28 - Worked on the same priority piece. This time with a bit more feel of swinging outward from the top with the palmar flexion. Felt better today. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 90 - March 28, 2020

Rehearsed a few of the things I'm going to be doing for my COVID-19 Practice Plan:

Join me!

Day 4

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Hit 8 and 9 irons, and Pitching, Gap, 54°, and 58° Wedges.  I've been trying to get my yardages figured out with my new launch monitor.  My distances are as follows:

• 8 iron - 141.5 yards
  • 9 iron - 129.4 yards
  • PW - 121.4 yards
  • GW - 101.3 yards
  • 54° - 90 yards
  • 58° - 83.5 yards

Hopefully I'll get a chance to get back out and hit more balls to get even more bwdialed in.  Some of the gaps are a little wonky.