IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 34: did a superspeed session

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 113

Actually did more practice swings than real swings today. Reviewed a lesson from a couple months ago and worked on feels for making a full turn. Did 5-6 practice / rehearsals before each ball. Hit 10 balls with a 7-iron. Swing feeling a little better. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 29 - Cat in the hat kind of day. So I did indoor PlaneMate conditioning protocol.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 5

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Another session in the backyard swinglab.  Hit some full shots with the 7 iron, and then "played" the front nine of Sugar Hill Golf Club, which has closed for the COVID-19.  I used my launch monitor, and estimated the shots that I would have based on how I hit it.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

• Administrator

Day 91 - March 29, 2020

Full swing work again. This is going to be almost everything that I do.

Mirror work in the living room. Tomorrow I'm going to start filming my April series of lessons.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 114

Did a Superspeed workout, and hit some shots with 7-iron at what felt like 50% speed working on full turn and hips not moving/swaying. 

-Peter

Day 35: Did some mirror work, working on my priority piece of not shifting too far off the ball from A1-A2.

-- Daniel

Day 30 - Still raining so it worked on positions without a ball in the basement focused on a rubber tee. Then I set up a little soccer net and chipped into that.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 92 - March 30, 2020

About 15 minutes working on my backswing. I tweaked it a bit after recording some initial video. I wasn't turning as much, which is what I was worried about, so I shortened the arm motion and increased the turn again.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 6

Monday, March 30, 2020

Had physical therapy and had to mow the lawn, so no hitting into the net. 😥

Worked on getting my hips to start my swing with a weighted club.  I'm taking it slow and easy from the top, trying to quiet my hands, while getting them faster through the impact zone, while trying to get my hips open at impact.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Day 115

Started hitting some balls with 7-iron at 50% speed and it was alright. Ramped up to full speed and started shanking the shit out it, to the point of the ball missing the net entirely. I think the Coronavirus pandemic is in my head and causing me to lose focus.  Went inside and putted. Need a lesson but everything is closed with the shelter in place at least until end of April, and likely longer. 

-Peter

Day 31 - Worked on my priority piece agAin with driver and 7 iron. Then chips and pitches.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 93 - March 31, 2020

About 30 to 40 minutes downtown. Maybe a bit longer. Really messing around to try to get some good feels. Shoulder still wants to "shrug" and the hands to go down more than out.

Day 37: Did a superspeed session.

-- Daniel

Day 7

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A rainy day and a trip to Sam's to shop for us and my elderly parents kept me indoors today.  Used the weighted club and worked on getting my hips open at impact.  Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so I plan on getting out and hitting some balls.

• Administrator

Day 94 - April 1, 2020

Three hours downtown, and at the end, strained either an intercostal or the transverse abdominis on the left side. Was swinging, for me, pretty damn well, really. Only planned to hit two more balls, and on the penultimate one I felt a little something, and on the next one, a lot of something. Still, feeling like it's mild to moderate.

Day 116

Indoor putting. Haven’t been hitting the ball well at all lately when practicing (shanks), so just going to do some putting for the time being to give myself a break from mental torment of full swing work until I can arrange a lesson. I also plan on working on physical fitness/conditioning during the shelter in place through the next month in CA. 

-Peter

Day 38: Putted and chipped a bunch while on conference calls. Also did the daily practice session that iacas posted.

-- Daniel