IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 96 - Worked on driver and 6 irons drills and filmed to upload to Evolvr. Also did superspeed training and hit 106 with the green and 99 with the driver. I repeated the driver to be sure and got 97. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Day 159 - June 5, 2020

Full swing work on the course for the first few holes until I took time to focus on Natalie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 180

Superspeed workout and a little putting practice.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

day 65 - more grip work as above 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 97 - worked on my swing again today with just the 6 iron. The whole practice felt crappy and I filmed it. Nothing felt right and contact wasn’t great. But the video actually looked like I was changing the picture a bit to where I want it. So I guess I was doing it right surprisingly.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 160 - June 6, 2020

Played nine holes. After I played three holes earlier in the day.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 181

Played 18 today. Didn’t play very well but had a couple good runs of pars to break 90. A scratch player in my foursome pointed out I was collapsing my arms in the backswing, so I changed my swing thought and worked on backswing for the remainder of the round.

Got home and did a little mirror work with the same thought and also hit some balls. 

-Peter

Just started looking at this topic, what's the helicopter drill ?

Today I've done driver and 4 wood hitting a ball on a string for about 15mins, I also do a 5 different arm shoulder exercises using 1kg hand weights. I'm recovering from 11 weeks in hospital, I'm very lucky to be still hitting golf balls lol...

Day 66 - grip work x 10mins while walking around the house this morning. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 98 - Full swing practice with driver, 3W and 6 irons. Focused on the same feel from A4 swinging the hands down to the ball with right elbow driving the arms.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Day 161 - June 7, 2020

facebook-share-round.jpg

View this round on GAME GOLF

Day 182

Did more work on backswing. I sense my setup and backswing is getting sloppy. Most of my poor contact issues has been the result of this. Did 3-4 rehearsal backswings, and then hit a ball. Repeat.

Lesson tomorrow so I’ll have a better idea of what I need to focus on afterward.

-Peter

Day 8 - 6/5/20

Practiced chipping from 8 feet away. 

Day 9 - 6/6/20

Played 18 at Coffin golf course in downtown Indy and shot a 95.

Day 10 - 6/7/20

Played 18 at Winding Ridge Golf Course and shot a 93. 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Day 99 - Ranges opened again and I was able to spent some time on a few parts of my games.

1. Started with partial shots which I have been pulling lately. Focused on set up an in to out feel. My last shot was a partial 8 iron aimed at this pitching net 120 out. “Nothing but net Baby!”
  2. Moved on to driver. My Evolvr instructor wanted me to work on face control but purposely trying to hit over draws and pushes by closing and opening the face. Didn’t those damn shots just go fricken straight where my body was aligned! WTF! It ended up being like the Club Face Control Challenge. I could really close the face and still hit a baby draw or open it way up and hit a slight push draw! How can I not do this on the course? I figured out that I was shifting the shaft lean back a bit at set up with the closed face without thinking about it or forward with the open face. I will try this again tomorrow.
  3. Tried it with the 3 wood too. Worked like a charm.
  4. Finished with short game work including sand shots. For sand, set up is key, but also making a long easier pitch swing. Will work more on that tomorrow too.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 67 - played today. Grip felt pretty good. Fading irons 

-Jonny

• Administrator

Day 162 - June 8, 2020

Hit some pretty solid shots while playing nine holes with Natalie (from her tees). Didn't hit the right clubs, just hit whatever I felt like hitting. Even flushed a nice 3I on the 9th. High.

Hit balls for five minutes before my lesson this morning, too.