IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 125 - Some pitching work in the yard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 17.  Played today... poorly.  I think I had 8 shots (one tee shot on a par-3, otherwise standard "approach" category shots) that I really want back.  Putted poorly.  Chipped great, which I had to with 3 GIR (+2 times hitting a green from afar but not for regulation), shooting 90.  Drove the ball decently well.  Will load GG and get the actual stats later. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 4: Worked on the Rory split handed pump drill and did some more work on takeaways to A2. Feeling good about that getting to a point where it's almost automatic. When I do decide to take the backswing all the way to the top, I'm liking the look of the right arm a bit more.

Day 207

Superspeed workout and a bit of backswing slo-mo practice working on hip turn. Hit a few balls and was hitting off the center of the club face more often than not. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 46 - My new priority piece is a “faster” pivot, getting my shoulders/hips to turn a bit more by A3. Also working on a “straight” right elbow in my takeaway. Incorporating these two changes into my Helicopter Drill, version 4 at this point?

Day 19

Full swings into a net with a driver, 3w, 9i and PW. I hit a wood and then followed up with an iron. I was making good contact on most swings. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 18.  About a half hour ago, I wrapped up a practice session.  Indoors, off a mat, real balls into a net.  Full swings with my 8-iron, 6-iron, and a few with the PW.  Usual setup.

I think I need to not hit my PW indoors -- if I get the ball up just a bit higher, I'll go over the net... which defeats the point.  Or I will use foam balls with that club.  It's good to practice the motion with different clubs, and the half swing is still good (which seems weird, since I'd expect that to get nearly as high). 

I'm about to go see if a putting green I like is open, but for purposes of this challenge, I have done today's practice. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 5: Did a good bit of the Rory split handed pump drill. I like this drill a lot because it is really reinforcing how important it is to accelerate HARD early on in the downswing.

I watched a slightly older AMG video that opened my eyes to quite a few things when it comes to increasing club head speed. I had no idea that great players reached max hand speed so early compared to higher handicaps. This drill is really helping me feel how hard I need to work through and right after my transition.

Edited by Grizvok

• Administrator

Day 188 - July 4, 2020

Played the front nine from the black tees. 35.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 6: Played 27 holes of golf. I did something a bit different and played the same 9 three times (this course has three different 9s). I wanted to take stock of the kind of errors I make in judgement and then what I'd do differently if I faced similar situations. Ended up shooting 44, 43, 41.

Going to do some takeaway work until A2 a bit later.

Edited by Grizvok

Day 19.  Lost my match 3&2, but played.  In the sixteen holes under match conditions, I hit a grand total of 4 GIR. :-(  I hit another one when playing hole 17 (I paid for 18, I'm gonna play 18). 

I don't think I played that poorly, other than some poor putting on hole 1 and maybe 1-2 other putts, plus maybe a half dozen other bad shots during the round.  My opponent played really well though (always good to lose that way!)

-- Michael | My swing! 

Day 48 - Played my best round ever, hit a 41/43 for an 84. I was consistent off the tee, hitting my irons well, and my chipping/putting was reliable as well. Still some room for improvement, but it’s great to see these lessons and practice paying off. 

• Like 1

Day 127 - Light weekend because I spent most of the time painting. I did some set up work with a 7 iron.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 208

Saturday (missed posting): A bit of backswing mirror work, some full swings off the mat, and a bit of chipping and pitching.

Today: Played 18 at a different course than usual. Worked on a backswing feel in the round. Drove the ball great, did everything else poorly.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Day 20

I got some swings in with my 7i and 9i while I was grilling.

Day 21

I finally dedicated some time to creating videos for a My Swing thread and posted it tonight. It was full swing practice with a driver, 5w, 9i and 4i. 

-Craig-

In my bag:

:callaway: XR-16 Driver 10.5° :callaway: Epic Flash 3W, Big Bertha Steelhead 5W

:callaway: X Hot 3 hybrid :callaway: Steelhead X-14 irons 4i-PW,SW spacer.pngCG14 GW, LW  ping-logo1.png.f020c6ba3751388e4eea3481be9cfca6.pngTyne 4 putter

Day 29 - 6/30/20

Practiced chipping from 5, 10 and 15 feet away. Also hit some flatballs off the mat.

Day 30 - 7/1/20

Practiced chipping from 10 and 20 feet away. 

Day 31 - 7/2/20

Practice putting indoors from 3 and 5 feet away

Day 32 - 7/3/20 

Played 18 holes at home course Winding Ridge GC shot a 93

Day 33 - 7/4/20

Went to the driving range to work on my drive.

Day 34 - 7/5/20

Played 18 holes at home course Winding Ridge GC shot a 87.

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Day 128 - worked on set up with 6 iron and driver and filmed them.

Scott

My Swing Thread