6,228 posts / 314478 viewsLast Reply

Day 26

COVID-19 Practice Plan Challenge

Grip strength and check of the leading edge at the top of the swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 213

More 9-3 swings with hip turn focus. Really starting to hit the ball off the center of the club face more consistently. Well, within the range that Crossfield would consider a poor strike at least. Also Mevo’d carry distances 9-3 swing for PW and GW to start getting sense of distance for partial wedges. 

Day 24.  4' putts on the practice green.  After yesterday's success knowing I can make non-tap-ins (3'), I set up the 12 coin perimeter at 4'.  

First run:  made 7, then 4, then 0, then 1 for a total of 19 attempts

Second run:  7, then 4, then 0 twice, then 1, for a total of 20 attempts.

60% is an improvement over my previous average at 4', but I have work to do.   I plan to also do this at 6' and 8' before too long.

When I got home, I hit a dozen balls, half a dozen each with 8iron and 6iron, off a mat, real balls, into a net, indoors.  

Day 12: I kind of found out that the helicopter drill @iacas posted in the covid practice plan thread is perfect for what I’m trying to work on since you are forced to keep the lead arm adduction angle static. Did that for 10-15 minutes.

Day 214

Worked on new putting posture with eyes maybe between 1 to 1/2 balls inside the line. Specifically hit 8-foot putts aiming between 2 parallel alignment sticks at the start of the roll, a cup’s width apart. Practiced while watching the Workday event, until I hit 10 in a row online.

Later did a bit of Planemate early protocol drills, the one working on turning hips through finish position, with no ball. 

Day 13: I’m continuing with the helicopter drill. I’ve been doing 9 helicopter “backswings” and then grabbing a club and doing one normal backswing.

I really like the position the helicopter drill puts me in at the top of the backswing.

Day 215

Played 18 (poorly). Didn't get off the tee well at all today which was the main issue. Experimented with using a 9-3 swing shot on almost every approach inside 120 yards, which was really successful, and definitely something I will use more often. 

Day 25.  No putting today (had a lesson, not golf, this morning, to attend).  I did, however, spend at least five minutes in the indoor practice room working on 8-iron full shots, focusing on the setup priority piece.  (Note: will aim to get video tomorrow). 

Day 54 - Played 18. Rough start, but finished well. I need to keep focusing on my pivot, less on my trail elbow. 

Day 7:

My right shoulder is really starting to feel good again!!!  Oh the real joy that comes from pain leaving the body.

OK -  i got in a really good 26 minute session today.  i worked up a great sweat and felt so healthy for the first time since 2017!  i am typing this now with minimal to no pain.  My neck will always be an issue for a source of pain.  With continued physcial therapy i can manage it without pain meds.

Ok the work out:

Opened with stretching my hamstrings, back, shoulders and neck.  As i go forward i will continue to add more stretching exercises.

While swinging i used the izzo swing trainer band and i have markings on the floor for alignment aid.

Next 10 swings with my sklz tempo grip trainer - really focused on inside out swing path as i have been coming outside in lately with my Driver.   

Stretching routine

Swing drill to work on hitting up with the Driver - really worked on exploding thru - 10 swings with this

10 swings with the sklz gold flex - but i placed a mark on the floor about 1 foot behind the ball mark on the floor. Started my swing at that point behind the ball to help get rid of the outside in and sky balls that showed up this past weekend with the Driver

Stretching

did a set of 10 cross arm swings

did a set of 10 with my sklz temp grip trainer

Stretching

did a drill set of 10 to hit up with the Driver -

did a set of 10 with my sklz golf flex starting out at the mark 1 foot behind the ball

stretched

set of ten cross arm swinging

set of 10 baseball swings with the sklez golf flex.  when i focus on the gold flex straight out in front of me bring is back, go thru the swing and then swing from left to right.  i do this for core strength and really get after it,  

Planning on taking my wife and any family to the Clubs Practice facility tonight as well.  I will be doing drills for my Driver as well as wedges.