IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 28

Hit pitches around the house at lunch from 10 to 40 yards out of the rough.

After work did some speed work and right arm external rotation drills with driver and 8 iron in front of a mirror.

Putted on plane board from 5 feet.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 78.  After a long day at work and cancelled evening plans, I hit two dozen balls (indoors, into a net, off a mat, real balls though) slowly.  It was amazingly relaxing, and more importantly, good contact.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 234

Pitch shots were on this morning's menu, using my PW, and SW. Same as before, the idea being to clear the hazard to the pin on the other side.

Focus was on alignment, and swing tempo. I used that no wrist hinge stroke. I am getting the hang of this new stroke, and it has saved me a few strokes. I get good ball contact with it. I was hitting balls from semi rough conditions, onto same. (B)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 273  Rise and Grind!!   On the range for three hours this morning working through three drills to help improve my swing.  Specifically working to keep my head steadier throughout the swing and move more weight onto my left side sooner on the downswing.

Day 64, August 22

Mirror work at the gym followed by a golf specific core workout.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Okay, I'm brand new here. But I'm in. I chipped/pitched in the basement for 10 minutes. Hitting at 2 targets one with a chipping stroke and the other with a pitch shot. then repeat. BTW my targets are basically coffee cans, and I only stand about 15 feet away. Any further and the little pitch shots would hit the basement ceiling. In 10 minutes I can hit about a dozen balls at each target. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

A good round today 4 pars and the rest were single bogies.  Bogies were primarily the result of leaving chips with 20'+ on the green; result was a LOT of 2 puts, a continuation of my need to get the distance for wedge shot a little better.  More than one ad too much roll.  Other aspects of the game, including drive were quite satisfactory.  Back to DR tomorrow to work on wedge distances!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 35: 

20+ minutes of partial wedge short game shots. Hit wedge shots from the rough 30 or so yards away from various holes on the practice green. Struggled early, but started really trying to engage the bounce and using about the same swing length and just varying where I gripped the club and fared much better. 

Day 22.

No range today, just did mirror work working on getting the club inside and bisecting my hands at A2.

Seeing progress on my iron swing but having difficulty getting the movement to not lead to a slice with the driver so I may do video on the driver next time at the range (maybe Friday?).

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator

Day 200 - August 22, 2018 - http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/2350779

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 79.  Three dozen balls (indoors, mat, into a net).  Slow, some speed-up.  Felt good after work.  I owe myself some short game practice, I may review how to do that at home since I'm falling behind.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 65, August 23

Playing 18 today with my league. It will be less humid, so it should be fun.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 8, one missed day

Missed posting yesterday, so today is day 8 of posting.

I worked on my 5 iron, I have not been hitting it well. I taped the face and tried to slow my swing down, not jerky. Last 5 minuets of the session started to stripe it mostly center hits and about 3 lines up the face.

Day 235

I have curtailed my actual playing, to recharge, and give my body a rest. Doing this untill I feel ready to go at it again. That said, I can't neglect my long game during this layoff.

Today was full bag range day. Hit a small basket of 40-50 balls. My only focus today was easy, slower tempo swings. Maybe half+ of my normal swing speed. 

Target was a pin about 120 yards out. (GPS). Idea was that on longer clubs, having the ball fly over, or close to the flag. Shorter clubs would see the ball land on, or near the line to the same flag.

These were range  balls, so distance per club was not important. Didn't want to fall into that trap of making the wrong club fit the swing. I see too many golfers do this on the range, which of course screws up their swing tempo/timing.

Just rotated back, and forth through the bag. The last 5 balls I reserved for full speed drives. Felt good.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 2:

Visited the short game area on lunch. Spent 30 minutes trying to dial in 50 - 90 yard wedges. According to Arccos, I suck from that range. I used my own golf balls for that. But you can't use the short game area unless you buy a bucket. So, I took my small bucket to the "normal" part of the range. I hit full wedges for the first 30 balls. 10 PW, 10 GW, 10 SW. I had 7 balls left so I hit my driver... just for fun. 

If I had to give myself a grade on today's practice. I'd get a D. My wedge control totally blew chunks. I even hit a couple off the hosel. It was ugly... Maybe Arccos is right?

My driver was awesome though. Striped those 7 balls beautifully. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Day 47 (forgot to date and red yesterday!)

Today went through about 75 balls.  Started out with a bit of warm up using may 50º wedge, and, than on to using my 10.5º and 14º woods off the tee in preparation for a round tomorrow.  Both gave me fairly straight drives with a wild mis-hit or two off of each. The 10.5 º gave me greater distances, while the other gave me slightly better lines and a softer fade.  Felt good.  I had a bit more difficulty using either my 7i or 8i off the tee.  Both gave me the distance I hoped for but neither won a ribbon for biting when the got to the green.  Cooler morning here so it felt good to get out earlier.  Tomorrow will be a cooler morning, too so my round should be fun, weather-wise.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 274     I spent 90 minutes chipping including getting a short lesson from my coach on chipping with my pitching wedge!!  I hit the ball so much better after we identified a few things I need to change/improve on.   We laid out technical 5 drills to use everyday for 30 minutes for the next 4 months to help improve my technique. And also 1 competitive drill.   I will be doing LOTS of practice over the weekend.   The check up with my coach is Monday at Noon.