IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 250

Hit 20, 30, 40, and 50 yard shots over a bunker, to a pin protected by that bunker. There was also a 5'  hill/burm on the far side edge of the bunker that needed to be cleared. Hit 14 balls from each distance. 4 balls didn't clear the hill, rolled back into the bunker, and became bunker escape, practice shots. All of those only took one stroke to get out of the bunker. 

Focus was on alignment, club selection, a little open club face, open stance, and just putting a good swing on the ball. I was hitting off freshly mowed, semi rough conditions, which made the shots easier. 

After hitting to the pin, I hit another 28 balls past the pin/flag into a hillside. The flag acted as my intermediate target. These were 80+/- yard shots. Same focuses as posted above. 

Got out early, and left early. Going to be in trple digits today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 60 (whew)

A bit of going through the motions day, as other items in life had to be first in my mind.  Chipped quite a bit in the yard into a net.  Everything felt good, especially with the 56º.  Perhaps I was on target so much because I am becoming a bit more sure of what I can do.  In any event, next round on Monday will tell a lot.  It will be on an executive course I know well. I usually leave myself a wedge away on many of the holes.  

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator
Spoiler
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Sorry, I can't participate in this challenge. I don't touch my computer on weekends.

Them's the rules. And c'mon, you skipped whole swaths of days. You posted on day: 17, 16, 11 (a Friday, but your post came on Tuesday), 10, 8 (which you said was "yesterday"), 3 (supposedly a Friday, again posted on a Tuesday.

In 17 days you made 6 posts, almost none of which were on the correct day. Last I checked there aren't 11 weekend days in a 17-consecutive-day stretch.

So no, you weren't ever really eligible for the challenge. The challenge rewards those who practice five minutes a day, not possibly six days out of the last 17.

Day 216 - September 7, 2018 - Practiced on the range for about 45 minutes, then played nine holes in a blah fashion. Did make a good two-putt on the ninth from about 70 feet, so that was good. Made a good putt on 8, too. But otherwise… meh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 51: 

Range session today. Focused primarily on my driver and 3 Wood after my warm up. Worked on Key #4 which is my priority piece. Hit my 3 wood (which is actually a 14 degree mini-driver) pretty well, but struggled with my driver. Its started well, but then I started massively push slicing. Practiced with my alignment roads off and on, and had to use them quite bit to keep things "in play" with the driver.

DAY 288   Warmed up and had my bi-weekly coaching session.  Confirmed improvements in my backswing ... and now working hard to get my sternum over the ball on the downswing...as I have a tendency to hang back.  Went back to the range and hit LOTS of shots off a downhill lie to help train the feeling. Finally went out on the course for a fast 9 holes.  Shot even par from the senior tees... while hitting  a lot of practice shots in between keeping score.  Continue to struggle with distance control with my wedges, as I am hitting the ball further... which is a good problem to have at this point.   ALSO, my new TItleist stand/carry bag arrived!! YEAH!! 

Day 6, spent sometime in the apartment workin on the backswing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Day 94.  A bit of putting on the carpet (ruler drill), plus some checking stance at address as per newest evolvr lesson.

I didn't just fall in love with putting or something;  I'm away from home so I don't have my practice setup there to use.  Not that tough to post while away. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 251

Went to the other nearby course for putting practice. Different practice greens available there, that I am not that familiar with. 

Focuses were on reads, alignment/aim, and back stroke length for distance control. I used my normal game ball.

Idea was to make one putts, or have easy tap ins for the second putt. No three putts were to be allowed. All putts were between 5'+/-, and 20'+/- feet. It was a good session with no three putts once I warmed up, and put my brain to good use. Spent about 45 minutes stroking balls to various pins. 

Just a little tired during this practice session, as I was up most of the night, out on the lake fishing. Think I will now go take a nap. 

In My Bag:

Day 61

Today focused on 4h, with quite good results. Better loft off grass and solid distance.  I seem to have recovered how to play the club from the dreck it was  a few weeks ago. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 1, Sept 8

Missed a couple of days. Had a nice practice today at a grass range for a change. Broke the practice into 4 parts. Started with my priority piece of extending through impact with PW, 9 and 7 iron for about 10-15 minutes. Got into position at A4, paused and did 50-75% swings.

Then moved onto partial wedges, which I’ve had issues with lately hitting them fat. Focused on letting the pivot drive the swing. Did 1/2 and 3/4 with my LW, SW, GW and PW for about 15 minutes.

Next, worked on pre-shot and set up with PW, 9, 7, 5, 4, 3H, 3W and Driver for 15 minutes, 2-3 swings each. Focused on aim and alignment.

Then sand and pitch shots. For sand, focused on having my right side feel higher at setup, hands low with wider stance and keeping wrist cupped more in the back and downswing. Used my 58. For pitch, focused on letting the pivot drive the shot.

Finished with 5 drives focusing on alignment. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 289   Back at the range today, hitting balls off of a downhill lie so I can get my sternum more over the ball instead of falling back.   Also continued to work on my backswing to keep it more on plane.  Spent 90 minutes doing this over and over :-)  Then headed over to the putting/chipping green for an hour or so of mostly hitting chips with my left hand only on the club.  Focusing on allowing the club to work down back to the ball, and increased coordination with my left hand.  

Day 61b

As my early afternoon opened and I felt bored, went back to the range to strike shots with 4h, 5h, 7i/h, 3w and driver, in that order.

The hybrids are feeling good. When I took 30 seconds or so to go through my mental pre shot checklist, the results were good to very very good. My 3 hybrids now have "expected" outcomes. They very by about 10 yards and all have good launch.  So if I can keep this steady, I should be able to make a well educated guess on which club when.

As to 3w and drive, each launched well off the tee. As expected, I gained yardage on the driver and 3w was a bit more accurate.  The driver hit the ONLY really terrible shot of the day, a slice.  Next shot, I really focused on my total drive set up and behold! A shot with a nice fade and 230+. 

It is truly amazing how much better one's golf become when you take a small amount of time to think.  Not over think, just think and trust what you know works.

• Administrator

Day 217 - September 8, 2018 - Barely got my five minutes in today working on my putting setup (a bit more in the heels) while watching the PGA Tour recording I had made earlier in the day.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 38.

Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday as I went on a road trip and didn't get home until 2AM.

Day 39.

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Day 95.  Five minutes putting, carpeted floor, putter and real balls, ruler;  focused on stance and posture. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 252

Spent the first 15 minutes of today's practice session on teeing up the ball..........just kidding.

No, this morning was a full bag work out ( 13 clubs) using my full swings. I used my staggered method for club selection. That being 3w, lw, 2i, sw, 3i, aw, and so on. I hit two balls with each club, before pulling the next club.

Focuses were on my preshot routine, which involves address,  aim, and alignment. A smoothe swing tempo, with a one piece take away. I also let my swing tempo tell me how far back/up my hands should go before starting my downswing. This helps with maintaining balance in my entire swing. I have found if I swing back, and up to far, tend to lose some balance in my down swing. It was a B- day

After the driving range, I spent about 30 minutes on the putting green. Focuses were on aim, alignment, back stroke length, rolling the ball over my intermediate target, and no three putts. I had no three putts. (A-)

GO PACKERS !!!!!

In My Bag: