IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 262

I see yesterday's post didn't get posted yesterday. No big deal I guess. 

Today was full bag range day. Staggered my clubs going through my bag 3 times. Focus was on balls landing between two flags down range. The two flags represented the width of a fairway, or about 10% of the driving range. (if that much) shorter clubs landed in front of the flags, and the longer clubs landed past the flags. 

Between 70-80% of the balls landed in my make shift fairway. The shorter clubs had a higher %. Still using 12 irons, 3W, and a putter for bag make up. 

It was a good practice. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DAY 300!!!!   Thanks to TST admin and all those on this particular thread.  I enjoy reading your postings, and I learn a lot in doing so.

Well another Early Bird Gets the Worm Day.  Out a little after 8 a.m. and home by 12:30 p.m.   Spent quite a while on the range with my Impact Snap Training Device working on release and also hitting balls off an extreme downhill lie to enable me to get more over the ball/onto the left side and not hanging back.  The headed over to the putting green to work with a Gate Drill.

Since yesterday I completed the most Forward Tees challenge (5 consecutive 9 hole rounds under par), I got to move back a set of tees today (at my club these are the Senior Tees).  My ball striking has been improving and I was hoping that I would be able to start under par.  However, I did shoot even par -- I had 2 birdies, and missed a couple other makeable ones, BUT had two penalty strokes -- Grrr *&^%$#  On the positive side, I know that I can make birdies from these sets of tees, so I will be able to achieve this goal in the near term... well by the end of October/November.

Day 5, Sept 19

Played 9 at the local Par 3 course. Worked on sand shots as well. Pretty windy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 72

Half an hour doing putting drill, then off for 9.  The score of 46 falls within my average for this course. Good off the tee with 5 fairways and no smacks into real high ruff or OOB.   Most putts were 2 -3 but one hole at 4 was a real disaster, long 30' first putt, left it fairly short by misreading up hill slope, rimmed out the third putt leaving me 6" for the triple bogie. Short game better than last time.  Still, the fun factor was mostly there.  Made 2 par threes, no birdies. Mostly bogies and a few doubles. Lots to work out at range tomorrow!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Shindig said:

I missed yesterday (Sept 17) too, so I'm starting over at one.  9/18 seems a good time to do that.

That's not how that works. You only have to do 28 of the previous 30 days.

Day 228 - September 19, 2018 - Worked hard for about an hour. Refined the backswing feel (more wrist, less elbow), the top of the backswing feel (slower, more separation from the rib cage), and the downswing feel (go fast, palm out). Liked what I was doing at the end.

Oh, and setup: just more relaxed, without releasing the grip.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 5:

In Colorado visiting my in laws and they got me some cheap golf clubs to keep here so I can just use those the one or two rounds a year I play here in Colorado Springs area. Spent 20 minutes or so hitting foam golf balls with the clubs to just get familiar with them. Will be interesting round tomorrow, but looking forward to it!

6 hours ago, iacas said:

That's not how that works. You only have to do 28 of the previous 30 days.

Oh.  I thought it was 26 of 28.

In any case, I missed three in September already, the first of which was September 4, so today would be day 13 I think.  I'll (hopefully) regain the 28 of 30 soon enough.  I'm certainly aiming for it.

Today was a little under 15 minutes of full swing work;  indoors, mat, into a net.  I focused on setup, particularly having my arms hang down and leaning over more (as per latest evolvr).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 263

Played 18 this morning  with an out of tome 3 some. We all broke 90, which is a pleasent change. They played with in the rules as far as I could tell. 

I carded an 81 (41/40) for.my effort. Pretty pleased with that score. Made some putts to save par on some holes. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

• Administrator

Day 229 - September 20, 2018 - Played 18 holes. Some went well, some didn't go great. I'm on the right track, but really irked by the injuries earlier this year that interrupted a great thing I was doing at the time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 301   Was one the range for barely an hour working with my Impact Snap training device, when it started raining.  So it was a short session today.  

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

Day 6:

played 18 at Kings deer in Colorado Springs. Played with clubs I have never used before and save for a few holes hit the ball pretty darn well. 

Day 73

Today was working with the clubs I use for those important shot after the tee.  I used all of my hybrids (don't have 3-5i) I used them to hit a specific target or green.  I hit well, but I need to focus the shots roughly at 75 yards. I tended to either go beyond by 10-15.  Today was the day I was focusing on my clubs for this action as my round yesterday magnified the need.  So a B-/C+ for today.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 14.  18 balls worth of full swing;  indoors, 8-iron, off a mat, into the net.  Focused on setup, particularly arms.  I hit some amazing shots today, really wish I had a slightly larger room and a trackman.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 264

Just some chip/putt practice this morning. Using one ball, I chip from various areas around the green to different practice pins. Then putt out. Idea is to one putt, or less. 2 putts are at the bottom half of good. A 3 putt is a grinning, wtf moment. 

Focus, when chipping was on reads, aim/alignment, and hitting my landing area when chipping. I used Paul Runyon's instruction, using putting stroke and stance. 

On putts, focus was on new reads, aim/alignment, and my back stroke. 

Earlier, while waiting for my Grandaoughters to get their ride to school, I watched some Seve Balisteros short game videos on You Tube. Some good instruction there, but for me it was just fun watching him hit the ball. He was one of the good ones in his prime time. 

In My Bag:

Day 74

Spent the morning working on just the swing.  Just a swing to make it feel free and easy.  No real attempt to work on distance and aim.  In fact hit very few balls.  By the end, when I did hit some, did not feel my fairly good results were from over swinging or trying to blast the shot.

DAY 302  Spent almost three hours on the range working with the Impact Snap training device to improve my impact position and release.  Also hit balls from an extreme downhill lie to continue the work on getting onto my left side versus hanging back.   Felt good about the session and the progress I am making.

Then went home, had a late lunch then back to the golf course for a 90 minute presentation by Bill Nelson, of Mind Management Academy.  http://mindmanagementgroup.com/     This session focused on improving your golf self image.  There were specific exercises and take homes.  Excellent session.  I will be attending these monthly session for the next 7-9 months as part of my work with my present coach.

Day 6

Played 18 today. Had a bit of sand shot trouble. Need to work on that. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave