IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 20: 5 minutes of mirror work on my shallowing feel.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 112

A last minute change in my schedule ended up limiting my practice.  Decided to concentrate on my 5i and 6i.  They have a lot of similarities.  Most shots were ok.  Some push fades in the bunch.  But, I was able to do well on the 15 shots with each club. Round tomorrow; hope my clubs behave and remember what we practiced this last week or so!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

While standing next to the paper plate machine at work for 12 hours, i spent 10 minutes every hour working on the start of my backswing. Holding for 10 seconds while checking that i was on plane. Focus was on creating coil and pushing down with legs. As of 11:13 pm i am pretty sore in the abs. 

Day 54.  Decided I'd hit some punch shots after work today;  I hadn't practiced those in a while.  Usual practice room.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 304 November 1st. The start of my 2019 golf journey.

About 15-20 minutes of LW, full swing practice. It's a travel day for us, and I utilized a grassy patch in a road side rest area. I hit Taylor Made foam balls off a mat. (safety reasons) Even with full swings, the ball flights resembled pitch shots. 

Focus was on just getting my morning swings in. 

Going to check out the sights, and golf along I-8 to SoCal. My wife's idea. Might take a day, or two to make the 7 hour trip....lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 343   Another day of fantastic weather!!!   Spent 2 1/2 hours on the range working on keeping my head steadier on the backswing.. so I am rotating my torso instead of swaying.   Feeling like I am making some progress.

Moving forward I am also focusing on improving my clubhead speed... through both increased strength, improving swing speed as well as improving the quality of my swing.  So I will add somethings to my practice routine and later this month I will start spending 3 hours a week in the gym.  One of the tools I will use are my Super Speed clubs. 

My tool for measuring swing speed is the Swing Speed Radar which I decided to bring out today to establish a baseline.  I realize it is not as accurate as Trackman, however, I do not have $25K to spend on it. Now if someone who reads these wants to give me a Trackman I will thank you profusely.  To establish this baseline I hit 10 balls with my driver.   Swing speed ranged from 93 to 103 miles per hour.... the most frequent and average was 96 mph.   I will post my progress once a month....hoping to add 10 mph in the next few months.

Day 27, November 1

Played 20 holes today in a light rain. Focused on tempo. Played pretty well. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 261 - November 1, 2018 - Hit balls for ten minutes before my first workout session of 2018. Cuz goodness knows I was not going to be able to do it afterward!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 48:

Ended a rough week by going to the range. Hit PW, 7I, 4H. 5/3 cycle. That’s 5 balls using a training aid, three without then end that set. I rushed a bit, but fairly good practice. Weirdly I hit good 7I and 4H, but struggled mightily with PW. Hmmm. 

Day 113

Went to the executive course near me as my available time was limited.  Ended up with a 98 for the score.  Very mixed results.  A lot of the high scores on a hole came from lack  courage on the does hurt the results.  A lot of 3 putts and one 4 putt.  Good work off the tee, so I will have to admit I need to spend a bit of time at the putting green before the next match.  This round was not to be a a round for competition or HDCP.  So in that regard, it ended up a successful day!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 21: Mirror work again today. Working on set up and downswing shallowing feel.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 55.  Out of town, 25 putts (metal ruler drill) on carpet.  I am pushing a few but missed none left. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 305

Played a 9 hole course, with tees for 18 holes. (68/110) Par 72. Shot an 80, which was a good way to start off my new year. 

Didn't hit anything real bad, and made a few putts. Course was pretty much empty, so I was able play at my own, comfortable pace. 

No dress code either....lol

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

DAY 344   Spent about 45 minutes on the range working on more rotation/turn and less swaying on my backswing -- and a steadier head.   Then went to my lesson.   Video showed the increased steadiness of my head and more rotation on my backswing versus turning... and my club is more on plane in my backswing.   So I will continue to do the same drills for the next couple of weeks and add some drills on staying over the ball on the downswing (actually my left shoulder going down versus popping up). Feeling great that the hard work is showing up during lessons.   And I hope on the golf course when I get to play in a couple of weeks.

Day 28, November 2

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on pitch elbow at A6.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 56.  Still out of town, but the ruler + putter + sleeve of balls means I can still practice on carpet.  Still pushing, had one pull. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator

Day 262 - November 2, 2018 - Did a lot of studying today, finishing up the A110 project (that's what I called the A1-A10 stuff).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets