IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 38, November 12. 

Played 9 today on a fairly empty course in 1:20 minutes. It was a cool 45F but light winds.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 32: Went to a simulator for an hour plus a bit today. Worked on that shallowing piece - think I'm seeing some improvement there. Also tested some balls with my driver for spin rate - Titleist Pro V1 was the winner, but they were all pretty close (tested the Snell MTB Black, Bridgestone Tour B XS, Titleist Pro V1 and V1x, and Callaway Chrome Soft).

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 315

Played 18 holes earlier today. Shot an 85. Missed a few makeable putts. No worries. I will make them next time. 

Rest of my game was pretty normal, for me. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 123

Did well with my wedges, though I tended to hit them a bit off target to the left.  50º consistently 100 yds, 56º 60-75 yds, 60º varied depending on how far up the clock I took the club.  I have to decide if I just allow for the off target often found with hitting wedges or work to make them more on target over all.  For now, I will play for the slightly off line nature of the shots, and continue to work on other matters.

Took a flatter back swing on my 3h, a fairly new club in the bag.  When I did, it got good loft for the wind of today I got a slightly less lofted shot: only 10-15' in the air but good distance.  If the wind is like this later this week during a round, I should be well prepared.

Biggest lack of success was off the tee with both the GX-7 and my driver.  Could not help but hit a lot of slices and even a few push slices.  I tried a number of things I have done in the past with success; but nothing I did seemed to have a consistent correction quality.  

In the past few days, I have done well in terms of making adjustments after a bad shot.  Perhaps I was a tad fatigued ( 350+ range hits since Saturday) and add to than no significantly windy days in quite a long time or more likely, a bit of both plus a bit of brain dead.

Tomorrow will be soft chips, putting & drives before a Thursday round that I will keep a full score of, no matter how good or bad.  

Finally, I salute all the Veterans in our lives.  

I stand in full awe of all you have given.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 315

Played 18 holes earlier today. Shot an 85. Missed a few makeable putts. Probably shouldn't have practiced my putting yesterday...lol. No worries. I will make them next time. 

Rest of my game was pretty normal, for me. 

In My Bag:

• Administrator

Day 272 - November 12, 2018 - felt good and hit a decent number of balls. Slowly. Very slowly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 65.  Two dozen full 8-iron shots after work (indoors, mat, real balls, into net).  This might be my biggest practice session in weeks. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 316

Did a little putting practice this morning. I "glitched" a few putts last time out playing. Things seem to be working well right now.

Focuses were on reads, and alignment. 

I even putted to another golf ball as a fine tuning aid. We will see, since I will be playing a par 3 course with my wife later today. 

In My Bag:

Day 39, November 13

Putting in the basement and shoulder turn stretches. It is a wet Nor'easter kind of day today.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Day 124

Busy day kept me from spending any time at the DR. Did some work with a ball to work on motion.  Did some. putting as well to work on 4' and 6' putts.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 355.   I woke up REALLY sore from attending my first Golf Conditioning Class yesterday... ooh, ouch, darn, .... my legs are killing me. :-)   Got out to the practice range about 2:30 and stayed until 5 p.m.  The 10th day in a row working with the JetStick..so now I begin a 3 day a week regimen.  Will try to remember to check my swing speed tomorrow UNLESS I go to the morning session of the Golf Conditioning Class.   Spent the remainder of the time working on Key #1 Steady Head, Key #2  Weight Forward, and keeping the club more on plane in the backswing since I have a tendency to take it inside..   The test of my progress is Friday when I have my next lesson... 

Day 33: Worked on putting bead with the yardstick drill today.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 66.  A dozen 8-iron full swings, focusing on setup.  Indoors, off a mat, into a net, real balls.  Hit several what felt flush. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Day 273 - November 13, 2018 - Workout today, with some slow motion repetition after a morning lesson with Brad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 356   Rise and Grind!! :-)   Spend more than a couple of hours on the range working through drills to help me improve Key #1 Head Steady, and Key #2 Weight Forward.  My body is still tired (in the recovery stage) from the intense workout on Monday....  so swing speed was down.   Contact was good and so was ball flight.

Day 40, November 14

Set up my winter indoor work area at my gym. Put up a drop cloth for a net and I'm using foam balls. There are mirrors around an plenty of space to film.

Worked on slow swings with my current priority piece, then hit into an impact bag to get the feel at full speed.

Scott

My Swing Thread