IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 325

Just a few minutes of swing exercises using my driver. No ball used, just what I call "dry swings". 

Focus was on just keeping my body's swing muscles active, on a daily basis. Well, at least the swing muscles I use.     lol

Already rained (sprinkled) a few times this morning. High winds later today. No problem for me to let my golf game take a back seat to Turkey Day with The Family, and some Great Friends. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 47, Thanksgiving 

Just some putting in the basement. It’s only 20F outside.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 363   Happy Thanksgiving to all that are part of and read this thread.  Hope you had a fantastic time with family and friends.   Not much time for golf today so I decided to just work with my shortened club to improve my backswing (turning versus swaying and not letting my left hand roll so much on the backswing).

A very Thankful Day 133:

Ok, a bit of a lazy day, but did some work while awaiting a feast.

Mainly did two things.

On the putting mat, I worked primarily on making sure I keep a longer follow through than the back swing of a putt (in general) on the drier green I tend to see here in AZ.  Much more on line when I do that. About 20 minutes on this, maybe longer.

As well, I saw an interesting video in some thoughts on curing a slice.  One exercise was to sit on a stool swinging a club from 9 to 3 to help memorize the feel of keeping a square face at impact.   Decided to try that twice for 15 minutes and I did like the feel in my hands.  Interesting to see if this transfers to a good feel at range tomorrow.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 4:

10+ minutes of putting practice. Bead. Created “track” with alignment sticks in my living room, 5-6 foot putts. Didn’t hit the tracks much, and when I did I tend to pull my misses. I am a fairly good bead putter. My problem is usually speed control now that aimpoint has helped my reading. 

• Administrator

Day 282 - November 22, 2018 - I was going to take today off because, seriously, you get to skip two out of 30 or whatever, but instead I used the mirror in the living room to work on the backswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 326

A few minutes on the range this morning, warming up for a 7:45 AM tee time. Went through most of my bag. 

Going to play 18 holes with my long, full swing, hitting Grandson. 300 yards plus off the tee, and usually in the fairway. The Grandson who also possesses a Neanderthal short game. I am giving 12 strokes.

We are also keeping a score based on his long game, coupled with my short game. 

In My Bag:

DAY 364     Rise and Grind!! :-)   Spent an hour on the range warming up and working on Key #1 Steady Head, Key #2 Weight Forward and not rolling my wrist on the backswing.   Then an hour long lesson.   Key #1 Steady Head has made a lot of progress as has NOT rolling my left wrist on the start of the backswing.  So my coached pulled out the Bodi-Trak pressure mat to get a definitive look at my weight distribution at address and throughout the swing.  It was easier to see that I still have a tendency to hang back on my downswing... so we set up a couple of drills to help me improve.  Then headed to the range for 2 plus hours to work on these drills and continue working on not rolling my wrist on the start of my backswing.  Long and productive day.  Now home for a turkey sandwich for late lunch!! LOL!!!

Day 134

Spent a good two and a half hours today (75º clear blue skies, gentle breeze) at the driving range with a couple of goals in mind. One was to loose a number of calories from yesterday and to find a consistency with my hybrids, especially eliminating a serious a slice and or push slice that had seemed to creep in a lot the past few times out. I also lost ball speed and distance in the process.

I use a 3h, 4h, 5h and 7i/w as my hybrids. So I started with some basic adjustments and a positioning tip which I found on line.

First (and probably good for most/all of my weapons): I got back to a neutral grip. For some reason, I have employed a weaker grip (or slopped into it).

Second was that I needed to place the ball slightly left of center. Looking back on photos, it was clear that I was WAY too forward in ball position.

Results were a much better consistency, less tension through the stroke, much better distance (35-40 yards more on average), better in terms of on line, the vast majority of them were no more than 10-15 feet off line. Save one whack, no severe right turns. and some lovely raws.

As to calories: 95 strikes, over that time.  Started with 10 minutes of warn-ups; must have lost 250c at least.

Returning tomorrow to see if I can smack close to similar results!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator

Day 283 - November 23, 2018 - Mirror work in the patio window while watching some hockey (between periods actually).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 43: Went to the range and hit balls for about an hour. Got some good work in. Priority piece (shallowing downswing) seems pretty solid right now. Filmed my swing for evovlr submission, too. Solid day of work, despite the gusty winds at the range.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 49, November 24

Went to the outdoor heated range today and worked on my priority piece through my irons. The feel was to keep the left shoulder rotation going through impact. Had nice height on my full swing.

Also worked on partial wedges and some #sidesauce wedges. 😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 327

Just some chipping/putting practice this morning.

Same focus, and routine as my other chip/putt practices. Just holing out one ball, from various locations off the practice green, to different practice pins on the practice green, in 3 strokes or less. 

Actually the best part of today's practice is enjoying the great weather "Ma Nature" has sent to our area. Tough to beat the desert southwest in the late fall/winter months. 

The youngsters are taking their off road toys to the dry lake later today. I will probably hit a few long irons in between rides while there. Just another chance to swing a club, or two. 

In My Bag:

DAY 365    Finally made it to YEAR 1!!!  Spent about 3 hours on the range working on my assigned drills from yesterday's lesson.  When I am out there a long time, it is easy to tinker.  I have learned that I just need to focus on what I have been assigned and what I am working on ... rather than tinker after a few bad shots.  Got new instructions on using the JetStick so four sets, 6 reps of three different exercises... all designed to improve my swing speed.  These new instructions involved doing the drills every day for the next week, ...  Hope all of you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families and friends.

Weather was great today on the range!!  The picture is the range I use at Legacy Golf Club in Sarasota, FL

R1124.jpg

Day 135

Well, it seems the adjustments from yesterday still work today.

Only one out of 50 shots showed any significant hook; there were no push hooks.

Yardage was also strong today.  It is nice to see that all of this comes from a real working pre-swing routine.  From the time I do my final address until the swing is rarely more than 6 seconds to eliminate the over thinking. Plan, prepare and swing.

As well, taking 5 or so seconds after the shot to figure tothe next shot, even a recovery if need be, is helping me eliminate the stress from manifesting itself. 

Day 44: Putted with the yardstick drill tonight.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: