IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 4

chipped I’m the backyard while waiting for laundry to finish washing. Spent 40 minutes chipping with 58 degree wedge. Hit ball up front, middle, and back. Also square and open face. Chipping to my tree 10 balls each shot then take a few steps back and repeated the process. Starting to get some feel for the short game again. Will try 54 tomorrow and work my way up. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 6 - Mirror work at the gym for 15 minutes. Worked on hip turn with the feel of the lab holding longer.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 36

More putting practice. 10 minutes 3-6 feet. I am working on aim, then stroke, and confidence in aim. Working on aiming the putter on the correct line, stepping into setup, trusting the aim, and making a good stroke.

A few practice swings with the driver. Working on a more ball forward set up for better launch, and swinging faster for more distance.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 7: 

2/4/18

used the weighted mini-club in my living room while watching the Superbowl.  Focused on weight-transfer and making a full turn.  As I have mentioned before, these two things seem to have a problem co-existing with me.  if I turn fully, I fail to shift my weight.  If I shift my weight going back, I fail to turn fully.  its a vicious conundrum that I need to overcome. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

25 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture.

Using a roller to work the muscles in the glutes and calves. Doing more roller work this morning, and adding he intercostal muscles and extensor muscles to the roller work.

Went to the range yesterday after walking and roller work, and hit 120 balls without any tightening of the muscles. The same muscles are still pretty good now. I'll continue with the roller work according to the distance program I'm following. It's actually pretty aggressive about the roller exercises. I'm putting in nearly all my body weight and it takes a little getting used to balancing on one hand and the roller on the glutes or calves. Didn't even think I had the balance to be able to do it according to his videos.

My range sessions consisted of 60 balls after warm up with normal swings and my maximum driver swings were about 106 to 107 again and my mean was still only around 104.8. Used the power trainer, then did power shots for another 60 balls. I got a couple swings over 110 but the ball contact was pretty poor. Surprised that the balls still went relatively straight, though.

This is kind of weird, but I think I'm really starting to enjoy my training and range sessions more than actually playing golf. :hmm:

Played a skins round again. Went good, for me. :whistle: PoP was pretty bad, and my partners were getting flustered and that gave me the extra advantage as I was playing a game called "Golf Clash" on my phone while waiting, and blogged on this site at the same time. Takes about 6 minutes a hole and I had time between my shots to play one hole of that game almost every shot came in 15th in a "tournament round" and won some bucks with the real game. :-P

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

Day 3: 10 minutes practicing with the Hanger, and five or six without it. I had to get some film down for the review. I'm somewhat curious to see how the footage turns out and whether I create GIFs from them, or what…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2/5/18:

Day 311.

About 15 minutes today indoors with my first move down drill and the path drill with the soda bottles today. I used a PW and hit some shots with my foam balls just making sure the path correct (it's funny because this PW only has 1 more degree of loft than the 9I in the new irons I'll be getting). With the same club, I practiced making sure my arms come down first and then rotate the body through. It's an definite exaggeration, but it does keep you from going "over the top" at "full speed".  54 days to a year...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 8: 

2/5/18

now we're getting in a good practice groove.  went to hit some balls and noticed on video that since I have been working on my weight transfer, I am not shallowing my club on the downswing nearly as much.   So, I hit about 10 balls with two or three  slow practice swings between each one.  focusing on shifting weight to the trail foot on the takeaway, making a full turn, and shallowing the club on the downswing.  was hitting some really nice balls by the end of the day.   Golf is extremely hard. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 2.   Feb 5 2018.  Played 18 and shot horrible 100. It was 32 degrees and I was pretty crazy to play so maybe I can put this one behind me. The bad part was I showed up for tee time at 830 am for a 1030 tee. Wanted to get nice and warmed up but found out the coarse was not allowing play or practice until it got above freezing. Went home and did my usual backyard practice. Set an alignment stick about two ball lengths on my outside left leg. On downswing the first thing that moves is my left knee into the stick and let everything else follow. This helps me with shutting the face sooner before catching it on the heel. Chipped and flopped 20yd shots. Full swing on irons and driver. Practiced from 9 to 1030 and played 18 afterwards. P.S. Found out my coarse handicap is 17 so I need to update the profile.

5/2/18 - 5 minutes of mirror work, loading into the right knee and maintaining the steady change in knee flex from A1 to A4

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Similar routine to last time. Made a lot of slow swings. Felt like a few things were missing from last time, though I chalk most of it up to being tired. Hit a few baby pitch shots outside. ~45 minutes total.

Day 36.

Played 18 holes earlier today. Hit my target score of 80 on the nose. Pretty much my normal bogey/par type of game. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 6   Couldn't get out today.  So I made 200 practice backswings using the Impact Ball and a shortened club, all with the idea of continuing to improve my torso rotation instead of swaying in my backswing.

Day 5

chipped in backyard with 54 degree sand wedge. Same thing as yesterday when I used 58 degree lob wedge. Put ball up front, middle, and back. Practiced all 3 positions with square and open face. Practiced for 30 minutes at 10, 15, and 20 yards. Going to try to make it to range tomorrow or day after. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

25 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture.

Used a roller to work the glutes and calve muscles.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Flaring out my lead foot to take some pressure off the knee.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Day 7 - 20 minutes mirror work at the gym. Focused on hip turn and keeping the pitch elbow from A4 to through impact (or that feel anyway).

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2/6/18:

Day 312:

Did five minutes of the first move down drill without a club in front of a mirror before work today. Just more or less trying to get the motion of going straight down with my arms, and then turning through the shot. Which actually helps 3 of the swing keys.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”