IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Moose68 said:

#10.  Worked on follow thru and weight transition today....didnt hit any balls, just swinging a club and repeating a good motion.

You've only made five posts in this topic, my man.

Day 305 - December 15, 2018 - Hit ten balls (errrr, 12 actually) focusing on going about 60% with my transition move (elbow/wrist). Felt I did it pretty well.

Also hit a lot of punch shots and chips when working with my kiddos.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 70, December 15

Filmed my swing today, but the angles were a bit off. Things look better. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 64: Spent 5 minutes working with the mirror again. Working on that soft wrists in transition feeling plus checking that I’m still shallow in the downswing. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Day 349

Decided to do a little "extra" challenge practice this morning. Went to the other course in town, which has a multi tiered practice green. A green where I can have putts with multiple breaks in just one putt. I don't see many of these types of putts during the year, but they do pop up every so often. 

I don't know how other folks read these snakes. Myself, I read them hackwards from the hole. I treat them as two, sometimes three putts in one. I try to read where the last break would start so as to finish at the hole. I then read the prior to last break so as to have the ball to reach the start of of the last break. If the putt has three breaks, the first leg reaches where the second break starts, which reaches where the last break starts. 

So my focus this morning was on ball speed, and reading the multiple breaks involved. 

This also a good way for me to remember what the ball does when rolling up, or down hill on the green. One of the little things. 

Suffice to say, I did not make any of these multi break putts this morning, but more than few did finish near the hole. Some were even of the tap in variety. I hit 36 of them. 

It was just a new challenge as far as doing something different. It's not one my normal practice routines. 

The surprising thing about these putts for me is that I actually have made more one putts while playing, than misses. Don't know why, other than luck.

Like I said, I don't encounter them very often, but perhaps the once, or twice a year practice does help. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

#11.  Putting practice.  Focus is in repeating my set up, stance, balance and motion.  This focus has really helped decrease avg putts per round over the past couple of months.

Day 155

Despite my poorer day of practice, got out to play 18.

The results showed a hangover from yesterday.  50 out  47 in.  The out nine were mired  by 6 penalty strokes.  I was not sure I could hit two in the water on drives!  But, I somehow did 6 GIR with 9 Fairways, so somewhat acceptable there.  Chip shots were so-so as many left me with far too many too long putts that tested me.

Putts were inconsistent as well! 37!  While it come out to a smidge over 2 per hole, that stat hides a few 3 putts. Not sure if it were just the stiffness I still felt from yesterday or misjudging the speeds.

While the round of 97 was far from my worst round of 2018, it was most frustrating because of how solid the previous one was.  Still, given my progress over the past 12 months, I should be ok. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 71, December 16

Range work today. Warmed up with priority piece drills, the gathered some MEVO data. Finished with partial wedge shots. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 386   LONG DAY!!!   Spent 3 1/2 hours in the morning and early afternoon on the range going through 27 different drills from The 25 Day Challenge section of "Train For Golf Like an Olympian."   I have used these drills before and was pleased on how much better I am in striking the ball during this drill section.  The 25 Day Challenge is an 8 hour a day for 25 days total focus on improving every part of your game... and lots of on the course practice also.   I am considering taking on this challenge.

Went home for a late lunch to refuel.  Changed clothes and spent 2 plus hours around the chipping/bunker green.  I worked in a totally focused manner on my short pitching technique ONLY.  Chipping/Short Pitches/Bunker play are my weakest areas.   So the session today was very helpful.  While focusing on technique I also worked on my tempo for this shot.   Left the session feeling great.... as I pitched the last ball into the hole!!

• Administrator

Day 306 - December 16, 2018 - Some punch shot work to toy with the left wrist condition and demonstrate something for a student.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 65: Went to the range and worked on my priority piece for about 45 minutes. Transition looks a bit better - wrists are definitely softer in transition. Key 3 looks a lot better, too. Strong work today. 

-- Daniel

Day 350

Went back to my home course #2 this morning. New scenery, which equals new challenges, since I am unfamiliar with the practice area. 

Longer pitches this morning, up to 60+/- yards. Had a few different uneven lies to work with while there. Target area, was a "smallish" open area that served as a make shift green .

This course does not allow pitch shots to their practice greens. They use to allow "short" pitches, but too many users couldn't distinguish the difference between short, and long pitches. That, and why longer pitches were allowed.  

Focuses were my normal ones associated with my preshot routine. Reading the shot, stance, verticle alignment, ball position, stepping into my stance, club face aim. 

Worked with my PW, AW, SW, and LW. I used 1/2, 3/4, and a few full swings. 

I carry those 4 wedges in my bag, but in reality, I don't need all of them. I could just as easily get by with just my PW, and SW. A little club head/face manipulation would mimick the the other two. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:

Day 72, December 17

Mirror work at the gym. Focused on pitch elbow through A6 and continuing shoulder rotation. I think this one is going to take a few months to change the picture.

Scott

My Swing Thread

DAY 387  Weather was nice today so I spent 3 1/2 hours on the range working through the same drills I did yesterday... from the book, "Train for Golf Like an Olympian"  A lot of solid shots....    Then headed over to the putting green for 75 minutes, beginning with a couple of drills using the Pelz Putting Tutor.   Then a drill to make 25 four footers in a row.    Long productive day!!

• Administrator

Day 307 - December 17, 2018 - Practiced downtown after a lesson for a good bit. Worked at about 60% speed. Same old stuff.

Day 1:

sickness knocked me off my game last week, got back to it today. Long range session (for me). Worked my way up to driver and then did sets of 5 with 3 wood and driver working on my path. Feel was the clubhead staying on the wall. Interesting feel. Good practice. 

Day 156

A scaled back day due to a few appointments.

Some Orange Torture Weapon® swings to try to reset some flow and plane issues.  Body felt good after this attention.

I followed up with some basic swings with 5i-7i.  I corrected the line issues from both yesterday and Saturday.  Perfection and Nirvana were not achieved, but the overall result was significantly better.  Biggest attention was both to making sure I have a strong grip but not overly firm.  When I do that, I am able to eliminate the slice quite a bit.

Distance was not focused upon too much, but, without taking measure, I seemed to get a lot back.  

What I need is now to spend a moments before each shot so I can go through my mental checklist and not rush my shot.  This does not mean to get into an overly second- guessing long delay; but stance, alignment, grip and aiming need not take all that much time.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 66: Mirror work again today. Working on that soft wrists feel in transition.

-- Daniel

Day 351

Just some warming up on the range prior to today's round.

Went through most of my bag, finishing up with my 3W, which is going to be my first tee club. Probably my second shot too. .

When ever warming up before playing for a score, I always finish up with what ever club I plan to use on the first tee. Never could see the reasoning in hitting the putting green last, before teeing off. 

Playing a course with three, 9 hole runs. Plan is to play all 27 holes. (11K +/- yards). 

In My Bag: