IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 37.

A little wedge work at the 50,and 100 yard flags this morning. Actually just limbering up. Have an 11:00 tee time coming up,and want to get off to a good start.

Alignment, and swing tempo will be important today. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6/2/18 - Another short range session working on the same feels. Getting better with driver, but contact with irons was a bit odd today.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Day 6    Long and productive practice day.  Spent an hour on the putting green making 100 3 and 5 foot putts... focusing on balance at address and seeing the ball go into the hole.  Then spent 3 hours on the range focusing on turning into my right side without swaying.   Then played 9 holes.  I hit 7/9 greens - shooting 1 under par!!!   Hard work paying off.   Used Game Golf Live today to become more familiar with it, since I was asked to be part of a testing team for Game Golf.    I rarely use the phone app, prefer to just tap the sensor... and make any corrections when I download the data to my computer.

Finally got out to the range today. Took 58, 9i, 6i, 3i with me. Hit a small bucket in ~45 mins. The ground is a bit damp, so the turf was plump and misshapen.

Wedge shots were pinpoint, so I didn't waste much time on them. Really my intent was rifling that 6i, and seeing what I could get away with the 3.

Theme for the session was just moving stuff in unison on the back swing, and making a subtle effort to swing out more as I use less loft. Wasn't too concerned with ball flight or nailing targets. Played with trajectory a little as I can't resist some shaping. Struggled to hit the 3 iron high (off the deck of course). Mostly though it's all about contact for me. If I can get in the air and down there, I can play golf.

Day 9: 

2/6/18

went to hit some balls for a half hour today. 

7iron, 4iron, Driver.    Weight transfer, full turn, shallow path.  really hitting consistently great shots with the 7iron.  4 iron more inconsistent, but the good shots are great. 

now my balance is all off with my Driver.   creating really good path (2-4 degrees inside to out), but most of the time I am unable to square up the face.  face for the most part aimed about the same is the path, so I am pushing balls straight right and they're not coming back.  I can't explain it.  It makes me frusterated.  golf is hard. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator

Day 4: Worked on my putting for a bit because the power was out downtown, as there was a fire underground across the street where a lot of the power lines run.

The ten minutes I spent doing this is the first ten minutes I think I've practiced my putting this year. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day3

Practiced 9ft putts for 15 minutes. Notes to self: make sure the carpet under the putting matt is flat before making adjustments. Watched the skill code and grabbed a club and did everything that was taught on the curve is queen episode. 

Day 6

put swing weight on 5 iron and worked on swing. Getting a good stretch, and smoothing out my swing. Exaggerating rotation so it feels easier to get a full shoulder turn on back swing and Get to 280. Did that for 10 minutes and then took off weight and swung for another 10 minutes. Feels effortless without the weight and can swing easier. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

18 reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture.

Used a roller to work the glutes and calve muscles.

Range session yesterday went pretty good. With the roller work, I could do aggressive long game practice every day, but I probably should work on my short game some considering it’s a glaring weakness right now. :-P

Maybe just spend 65/20/15 or something like that every time I go from now on?

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2/7/18:

Day 313, My 31st Birthday!

Mother nature decided it would be a hilarious joke to dump a snowstorm on my birthday. But it's winter so I've been practicing indoors anyway. Today I did my path drill with the soda bottles for about 10 minutes. I combined it with my first move down drill with a 7-iron. The drills are meant to work together. So I missed the bottles every time and hit some nice draws into the net.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 8 - Slow swing mirror work at the gym. Focused on hip turn and pitch elbow and less hands to reduce casting. Hope to hit balls this weekend.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 38.

Up early just doing a little carpet putting. The usual stuff, looking at alignment, and stroking a straight putt. 

Playing a par 3 course later today. Hopefully the weather holds up. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

February 7, Day 38

I missed yesterday due to working 14 hours, but still holding 26 out of 28.

Today, 10 minutes of putting practice, 3-6 foot putts, and a few driver swings. I am working on speed with the driver, basically swinging as hard as I can.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Just worked on some basic things here at home. Always like to check on my grip as my hands can get a bit too spaced out with my 10 finger grip, gotta make sure they are snugged up.

Worked on my takeaway a little, minimizing hand action and checking to ensure my shoulders are not too flat.

Made a lot of fast swings while trying to keep it smooth and in sync. If something felt herky jerky, I would start over and go slow.

7/2/18 - Five minutes more of mirror work on the left knee, particularly between A2 and A3, trying to get the flex to gradually change. It's getting easier, but the test will be full swing work!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Ten minutes (ten balls, maybe 12) doing my full swing piece: hinging the elbow, feeling the shoulder soft at the top, swinging down with my right palm facing out.

Ball position was back on the first few and so contact was pretty harsh. Moving it forward a bit helped it feel shallower, thinner mat/divot.

Day 5

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 7   Practiced today with the Impact Ball and my shortened club working on turning into my right side.   Played 18 holes today  Shooting 85 .. a freaking up and down round and the worst in a while.  The good part is I am hitting the ball a little longer off the tee... thank you Super Speed Training System.