IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

11/2/18 - Very cold this morning, so the range session only lasted about 25 minutes before I retreated to the shelter of the practice green. Did some work on release with my wedges and getting much better contact as a result. Back inside, working on the visio template in front of the tv :-)

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Power walk with my wife.

Had a putting clinic that went very well. Starting to be able to make better putts and my lag putts are much more controlled. Doesn't take a lot of effort to putt long now. Mode solid contact off the face and a reducing the acceleration.

Range work yesterday went pretty well. Hit more solidly and more on target.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my round was pretty decent yesterday. Don't really know the score, but I won a lot of skins. :whistle:

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2/11/18:

Day 316:

Did more of my first move down drill this morning. Most of the focus was starting the downswing with my arms and making sure I'm going straight down.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 42. I think....lol

Was on a driving range earlier, getting some swings in before an 11:30 tee time. Didn't work on anything particular. Just hitting balls with various clubs. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Went to the range for about an hour. Hit the ball solid. Having a lot of success translating the feels from practice at home without a ball to actual real golf swings.

Every club had a slight draw except my driver, which was either dead straight and slightly pulled, or straight with a fade/cut. Not sure what's going on with that, but it's extraordinary compared to how I was hitting it a couple months ago - what I worked on actually made a change, and the best part is that it's sticking. Would love to hit big push draws with my driver though! Maybe someday.

Even though I find them a little boring/easy, I made an effort to hit about 20 wedge shots from various yardages. At the end I finished up with a few short pitches on the practice green.

• Administrator

Day 9: Spent ten minutes checking things out with my swing on the GolfGruva. Then spent a little time putting and hitting full shots (at slower speed).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 11   Stuck inside, so I spent 10 minutes making turns in the doorway.  If I sway in my backswing my shoulder hits the door jamb.  So this is a good way for me to get feedback... as I am working to turn into my right side rather than sway

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

Day 11   Stuck inside, so I spent 10 minutes making turns in the doorway.  If I sway in my backswing my shoulder hits the door jamb.  So this is a good way for me to get feedback... as I am working to turn into my right side rather than sway

Juan, it's not day 11… You're into the 40s or 70s or something at this point, no?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 42

10 minutes putting practice, 3-6 foot putts. Working to find a consistent set up and stroke.

I spent a few minutes with practicing driver swings , working on a more forward ball position and swinging faster, I actually hit a few balls with ok results.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 14:

2/11/14

just a little putting, and then taking short chips with the 56 degree on the putting mat.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 3: Referring back to video from last lesson again shoulder turn and set up. Still can't do it with a club - can do it now at about 30% which is progress from yesterday.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

2/12/18:

Day 318:

Did some path drill and first move down work with a 58° wedge today. Most of the focus was slow swings exaggerating the first move of the downswing from the top. I also did the path drill for about 10 swings. So probably ten minutes of practice this morning.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Day 10: Some swings in the morning, doing my piece. I didn't do the shoulder/elbow stuff very well. I got a little ambitious and hit them too hard, but the backswing stuff was good. I'll do more later today too when @NatalieB goes downtown to practice.

Day 12 - Mirror work at the gym focused on hip turn and pitch elbow from the top. About 15 minutes. I also add some golf specific core exercises that I did last year before the surgeries. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 43 (?)

Did a couple of drills this morning.

First one was my pump drill. I use this drill to prevent casting (early release) while keeping my wristcock (lag) longer in the down swing. 

What I do is swing to the top, then on my swing, half way down, I stop, and check my wrist cock. From there I swing back to the top. Then make a complete down swing, into my follow through. Sometimes I will hit a ball.

The second drill I use is a step through kind of drill. I take my address position. ( no ball used)  On my back swing, I move my lead , almfoot back to my rear foot. On my down swing, I move my lead foot forward to it's original address position, while completing my down swing into my follow through.  As I get into my my follow through, I step through with my rear foot. Kind of like G. Player does. 

What this does is it gives me a good sense of weight shift, and helps with taking a divot after ball impact, what little divot I do take. It moves the low point of my swing after the ball. When on the range, I will use this drill, and strike the ball. 

Now today, I tried incorporating these two drills into one. It wasn't pretty, but it is doable with more practice. I am thinking coordinating all these moves,  into one, can't be a bad thing. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Juan, it's not day 11… You're into the 40s or 70s or something at this point, no?

Thanks for  mentioning this..... I will correct it.   I have been continuously practicing for at least 5 minutes since December 1.  So when I post today I will be day 74.  The only reason I will not be practicing for at least 5 minutes a day is if I quit golf or die!!  Or am overseas and can not get to a computer!!   Thanks again.

12/2/18 - 5 minutes of slow motion left knee feel without a club as we were travelling over to France. Rounds tomorrow and the day after so looking forward to seeing if I can take these feels to the course!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter