IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Went to the range expecting to hit really bad after such a terrible ball striking round, but actually hit reasonably. I’m half tempted to use range balls on the course! :-D

What I tried was to reproduce my tired swing that overflexes the shaft at transition. Used my SS radar to check my swing speed, it was on average only  a few mph faster. I think I’m jerking through the transition to flex the shaft more? I have some flex sensors used in robots that I might be able to use to check shaft flex during my transition.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 4 - 2/17/18

centered turns with 9i, added focus on steady head (no dipping at initiation of downswing). I suck :cry:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 19:

2/17/18

leaving the house to go to a free taylormade fitting.  I just want to hit the M3/M4.  See if it gives me any distance over my Titleist. I don’t have any intention on making a purchase.  But, you never know.  I’m pretty impulsive. :8)

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 48

Easy day today. Carpet putting. 3&6 footers. 

As a warm up earlier this morning I swung my Kallassy club for several minutes.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2/17/18:

Worked on my path drill with the soda bottles today. Mostly using a 7-iron with the focus of not hitting the bottles and staying on path. After starting with short swings which is always the way that I do this drill, I worked my way  up to and including full swings. I did this for about 15 minutes but integrated the first move down drill when I got to the full swing part which was for about 5 minutes or so.

Day 323, Just 42 to a year.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 79   Played in a 9 Hole scramble this morning... we won at 10 under par!!  Then hit the putting green to continue the 10,000 Putt Challenge.  Made 100 putts in a row from 2 feet, and then 100 from 4 feet.  Tired, time for lunch, and then to the range.... "Get Better or Get Beaten!!"

3 hours ago, lastings said:

Day 19:

2/17/18

leaving the house to go to a free taylormade fitting.  I just want to hit the M3/M4.  See if it gives me any distance over my Titleist. I don’t have any intention on making a purchase.  But, you never know.  I’m pretty impulsive. :8)

As a heads up, if you would like to keep your $500, don’t go hit these things. The M3 was pretty consistently getting 5-10 yds over my Titleist 915 and once we figured out the right shaft, dispersion was way way tighter. 

I don’t think I’m gonna be able to resist purchasing one of these before the season. 

check out my swing here

• Administrator

Day 15, February 17, 2018 - Practiced for ten minutes after my Junior Elite Program. Will get in some more swings here in the living room while watching a little golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 16 

Spent 20 minutes with swing weight on 7 my 7 iron in the back yard. Get a good stretch and good extension of the club. I felt like I was rushing my swing and it was more compact. The swing weight really slows your swing down and really gives you great extension on backswing and follow through. Swung without it and now I feel like Rory, lol. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 17 - Shoulder turn work and stretching.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Day 15, February 17, 2018 - Practiced for ten minutes after my Junior Elite Program. Will get in some more swings here in the living room while watching a little golf.

Annoying.  Everyday you’re like.  “I touched a golf club”, “I fiddled around with some toy”, “I rearranged my golf bag”, “I drew a line on a golf ball”.  

Then you go out and shoot 71.  

check out my swing here

17/2/18 - 10 minutes of drills on ribcage swings with a medicine ball to engage core whilst limiting lower body turn and working with the V-Easy to sort my release with wedges and take excess wrist hinge out. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, lastings said:

Annoying.  Everyday you’re like.  “I touched a golf club”, “I fiddled around with some toy”, “I rearranged my golf bag”, “I drew a line on a golf ball”.  

Then you go out and shoot 71.  

How do you mean?

I spend about ten minutes, often only hitting about eight golf balls, working on my piece. I've documented it a bit more recently in my Member Swing topic.

I generally have reasonable clubface control (Key #5), so I can usually scrape it around the golf course pretty well. I swing reasonably fast (I'm not long but I'm not short either), and I am a good putter, so I can score pretty well and just kind of ignore what I'm practicing and just "play golf."

You can probably just dink around and play and shoot your normal scores, no? So, same here.

I'd just like that 71 to 73 to become a 68 to 72. :-)

I don't always have a lot of time. When I'm downtown at Golf Evolution, people are often asking for help, or I'm offering it, or I'm cleaning up, or whatever. I wish I had a bit more time to practice, so I - perhaps more than most people - really have to practice the right way to make the most of the time I do have.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

How do you mean?

I spend about ten minutes, often only hitting about eight golf balls, working on my piece. I've documented it a bit more recently in my Member Swing topic.

I generally have reasonable clubface control (Key #5), so I can usually scrape it around the golf course pretty well. I swing reasonably fast (I'm not long but I'm not short either), and I am a good putter, so I can score pretty well and just kind of ignore what I'm practicing and just "play golf."

You can probably just dink around and play and shoot your normal scores, no? So, same here.

I don't always have a lot of time. When I'm downtown at Golf Evolution, people are often asking for help, or I'm offering it, or I'm cleaning up, or whatever. I wish I had a bit more time to practice, so I - perhaps more than most people - really have to practice the right way to make the most of the time I do have.

I was just joking around.  Funny the relative ease with which you put low 70s on the board while us clompers are out here working hours on end to break 80.

check out my swing here

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, lastings said:

I was just joking around.  Funny the relative ease with which you put low 70s on the board while us clompers are out here working hours on end to break 80.

Okay.

But you're probably a better chef than me, or a better husband, or far better at whatever your profession is than I could be… whatever. I'm good at this one thing. And it's just golf, so… big whoop. I try to keep it in perspective. :-) And I really do have more fun seeing my students do well and break new barriers than me doing the same.

Day 48

10 minutes of putting, mostly at 3 feet. Working on aim and stroke.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

12 hours ago, iacas said:

How do you mean?

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Okay.

But you're probably a better chef than me, or a better husband, or far better at whatever your profession is than I could be… whatever. I'm good at this one thing. And it's just golf, so… big whoop. I try to keep it in perspective. :-) And I really do have more fun seeing my students do well and break new barriers than me doing the same.

Gained a lot of respect for you with those two posts (not that I didn't have a ton already!). Great message to put across.

18/2/18 - Back to grinding. 1hr of range work broken into chunks. 30 minutes of 3x medicine ball ribcage swings, 3x practice ribcage swings at 50%, then hit a ball with a ribcage swing, check video, rinse and repeat. 15 minutes of working on pitching with the wider takeaway using the V-Easy training aid - 5 swings with it, 5 swings without around the green. 15 minutes of distance control putting, three balls to flags anywhere between 30 and 60 feet away. Quite enjoyable, all in all. Video of the range stuff in my swing thread if interested!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Day 17 

spent 30 minutes using pin wheel fan to create faster swing speeds. Swung from back swing to start, then from start to follow through, and lastly from start to back swing to follow through. It’s not only helping my swing, but it is also a great workout.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion