IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 17, February 19, 2018 - 15 minutes of dedicated, focused, good practice on my piece. I moved to a different section of the mat (not the gell filled part) as I was interested in specifically how good contact was as well. I tend to toe it when I do my piece badly, and hit it flush or even a little on the heel when I do it well. Lots of good center contact.

Strengthened grip 5°, maybe? It was a tiny bit weak.

4 hours ago, lastings said:

Day 120:

2/19/18

Hit about 25 putts of so in my living room, then hit some chips on the putting mat.   I like hitting chips on the putting mat, because it''s only 8 feet.   it's so short that you really want to decelerate so you don't accidentally hit it across the living room, but that creates chunks.   just trying to make it automatic to be able to confidentially swing at short chips.  

Shouldn't you be posting in bold red by now?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Day 17, February 19, 2018 - 15 minutes of dedicated, focused, good practice on my piece. I moved to a different section of the mat (not the gell filled part) as I was interested in specifically how good contact was as well. I tend to toe it when I do my piece badly, and hit it flush or even a little on the heel when I do it well. Lots of good center contact.

Strengthened grip 5°, maybe? It was a tiny bit weak.

Shouldn't you be posting in bold red by now?

whoops, that was a typo.  Day 20, not day 120... 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
Just now, lastings said:

whoops, that was a typo.  Day 20, not day 120... 

That explains it then. ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 81.  I screwed up yesterday and did not post in Red Bold!! Though I inserted a picture of my range and my training.  Hope that is okay.  So BACK TO BOLD today!!!

I spent 3 hours on the range working on staying in posture and not swaying on my backswing.  Used my Motion Drills from my GGGA Workbook.  

HOWEVER, the best thing about today is that I received the KPlayer from KMotion.  I will be unboxing it, and putting it into play starting tomorrow.  Then in about a week or so, my coach and I will be getting together to set up the Learning Programs for me.   This is a sizeable investment that I hope helps speed the learning.

19/2/18 - Didn't get much time today, but made enough to do some more medicine ball work, alternating that and swinging a club very slowly to try to blend the feels. Hoping to get some range time tomorrow if all pans out, so that'd be nice!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Day 19

Practiced 9 holes today. 3 wood is pretty automatic, but driver is giving me nightmares. Getting great ball striking from my irons, but need to get my yardage dialed in. I think it was pretty good, but it was windy. About a 1-2 club wind today. Putting was ok, at least I didn’t 3 putt. It just rained here so my 8 iron chips weren’t rolling out very far. Switched to lob wedge and just carried it to the hole. Worked better on the soft moist greens. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 51

15 minutes of putting. I was having a little trouble with aim this morning, but got it worked out.

I love putting, but am looking forward to getting outside soon to do more.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 21

2/19/18

Went to hit the driver for about 25 minutes today.   Warmed up for about 5 swings then hit15 balls with the Driver.   Sometimes, somedays everything just works.  I don't know what to say.  I typically set up a hole to use as my driving range to give myself a fairway as a visual.  I hit the fairway with all 15 shots, each one ranging from 255 yds to 271 yds, all with slight draw ball flight to straight.   side spin rates ranged frog 568L to 7R.  

I could be a scratch golfer if I hit the ball like that every day.  but. alas, it was just one day.   These things happen.  

check out my swing here

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Played a fast 9 holes yesterday morning. Shot pretty decently, for me.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2/20/17  - Day 7

6ft putts for bead and speed x 15 mins - I play tomorrow for the 1st time since November!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 20 - Spent about 15 minutes doing mirror work with the Hanger Golf training device. then followed with about 5 minutes without it. I hope to hit balls with it soon and film my swing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 82   I spent several hours this morning learning about and setting up my KPlayer.   Then time on the putting green to continue the 10,000 Putting Challenge.   Working on balance and timing. 

Edited by JuanTheGolfer

20/2/18 - Short range session still working on the same feels with medicine ball and ribcage swings. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

(17)

Refreshed myself a little on Stack and Tilt this morning, and then headed to the range. Was seeing a bit too much head movement in the takeaway, so I worked on taking the hands inside, but also letting my back extend/stretch more. Such a powerful position for me.   

Shot 1 over par through 9, and the biggest factor there was driving. Only hit 1 drive wayward, but an adjacent fairway bailed me out. Couldn't get a birdie to save my life. Very pleased the work with the driver is paying off.

Day 51

Play 18 holes with my retired tennis pro cousin. Shot an 84 to his 95. Makes me feel better after my crushing defeat to him in tennis. Fuzzy balls......who needs 'em. :-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

Day 18, February 20, 2018 - Hit some chips for an Internet discussion. ;-) Then spent 15 minutes working on my swing pieces in a forced slower motion than I think I'm capable of right now.

Found a slight variation on the feel that I like. At the top, I have a bit more width, and then it feels like my right shoulder pushes that width down. The structure of the right arm/left arm combo and my shoulder (and the shaft) is "maintained" more, and the whole apparatus is pushed down the plane by the right shoulder.

2/20/18:

Day 326:

Did some chipping practice today very warm so I was able to get outside and get some work done. The main focal point was getting the ball just on the "green" and running. Just getting a good feeling of this.

I also did my first move down drill while Alina and I were waiting for the bus this afternoon. Just slowing down and getting the motion down.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 22:

2/20/18

work with the long irons today. Really found a groove with both the short iron (7-8-9) as well as the driver.  Can really hit some great shots with the 4 when I find the right position at the top.  It seems like it’s simple.  Not as steep going back as the 7, not as flat as the driver.  If my posture is right, all the turns are natural when I just let the shoulders make the turn and not force it with my arms.   If my posture isn’t great, I find myself forcing positions and it’s awkward. 

Lots of slow motion backswings.  Finding the right slot.   Only hit about 10 balls, but the last 5 were money.

i feel like my understanding of the way it should all work took another step forward today. 

check out my swing here