IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 20

Putting in living room for 15 minutes. Stroke feeling good. Perfect speed at all the different distances of 5,10, and 15 feet. I was losing confidence in my blade putter and was considering a mallet. Think I have my groove back. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2/21/18:

Day 327:

I worked on the "first move down" drill this morning for about five minutes. Mostly just trying to "feel" the motion, even though "Feel Ain't Real". Just trying to get the feeling that I'm starting the downswing with my arms.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 21 - Mirror work at the gym. Focused on hip turning through impact and pitch elbow with slower swings. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(18)

Just followed up with yesterdays material. Practiced taking the club to the inside more, creating a steeper shaft position in the takeaway, reducing head movement by extending my back more.

This is creating really high hands for me, which I'm a little worried about - mainly because I don't know much about the golf swing besides what I hear from time to time. That said I do enjoy feeling like I have plenty of time in transition - reminds me of the phrase "most amount of time to make the least amount of compensations."

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Been pretty busy at work, so we'll see how well only doing this 5 minutes helps me with playing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Day 8 - played today...meh. 83 with a few doubles.

11/18 GIR, 13/14 FW

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Day 52 Travel day. Have to find some warmer weather south. :-(

Was on a practice green this morning. Focus was on hitting my chosen line, stroke distance vs ball distance, and reading some breaks the practice green offered.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

21/2/18 - short gym session (not totally golf-related, but it all helps!) including more of the medicine ball work. Then did some more mirror work on backswing feels at home

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Day 19 - February 21, 2018 - 10 minutes putting today. Played a game of 21 too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 83   Played 18 holes today at World Woods - Rolling Oaks course.  Shot 79... which did not make me particularly happy, since my lower back was not having a happy day, and caused me to miss three drives... one of which I barely hit 100 yards.   Well when you are 70 years old, there are days like this!!   Working at home this evening a little bit with my Impact Ball to help me stay connected.

Day 52

20 minutes putting. I think I have been focusing too much on the sight line on the putter during the stroke. Tonight I used the line to get aimed , then just focused on the stroke and my stroke smoothed out. 

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

day 21

worked on my driver for 40 minutes on the range and put weights in a bunch of different positions. looks like putting the weight all the way back made me find the fairway the most and gave me more of a tighter dispertion.  will be playing a round with my brother tomorrow, I have to tune it in so I can destroy my bro.

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 9 - worked on pitching motion with whiffle balls....just working on getting that motion back and making good contact 10mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Doing more roller work and stretching.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

(19)

~10 mins after work. More repetition with my back swing piece; taking the hands more inward, and extending my back. Head is no longer dropping too quickly, and it's not rolling at all toward the target anymore on the takeaway. Very happy with things.

2/22/18:

Day 328:

I did some more work this morning with my path drill and the first move down drill working together. The goal is to start the downswing with the arms and hands to lead the body. Eventually, my swing path comes from inside out, creating a slight draw shape. I did this for about 10 minutes (not sure exactly how long it was, but it was definitely more than five minutes). I'm really getting some awesome feedback with shots hit with a three-quarter swing.

37 days to 1 year straight.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Day 21:

2/21/18

just some slow work with a mirror at home.   There is a certain movement in my downswing that repeatedly creates exceptional contact and power.   just trying to identify what that movement looks like and how to make it more repeatable.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 22 - 15 minutes of mirror work hitting foam balls into a net at the gym. All slower swings focusing on turning the hips through impact and pitch elbow. It stopped when I launched one of the balls, hit the top of the pup net and it ricochet up to the ceiling and got stuck there! :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave