IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

• Administrator

Day 21 - February 23, 2018 - Putting (played "21," won) for ten minutes, plus five minutes on my piece.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

SOMETHING weird is going on.... I posted Day 84 yesterday and noticed it was not there, then today when I am preparing to post Day 85 it shows up!!!!!   What the heck...am I doing wrong??

DAY 85   Hopefully this stays.    Did 30 minutes of practice using my new KPlayer, focused on posture at address, turning back to hands at 9 o'clock and then to the top, and followed down to impact. With the visual and audio feedback I am learning and having a better feel for the positions.   Then went to the range for an hour to work on the exact same things... to see the extent to which they translated from the indoor work to the range.   I hit a lot of good shots.  Then I played 9 holes, shot 1 over par, hit 6 GIR, and hit some excellent shots, and of course some stinkers as I was thinking about swing instead of swinging.   And had some fun trying to cut off a couple of doglegs.  Back at it in the morning.

Day 23:

2/23/18

Made 50 piutts in a row from 6 feet on the putting mat.  (I cannot typically make 50 in a row, but my putting mat funnels into the hole a bit, which I think is dumb.   but it's nice because they all get returned to me).    

Edited by lastings

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

SOMETHING weird is going on.... I posted Day 84 yesterday and noticed it was not there, then today when I am preparing to post Day 85 it shows up!!!!!   What the heck...am I doing wrong??

You probably didn't hit submit, or didn't fully submit it, so it was left in as a saved draft.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 23

worked on punch shots in backyard for 20 minutes. Hit 8 iron half swing with foam balls into fence. Keeping trajectory low. Hit too many balls into trees in my last round, gotta get to the green or fairway with recovery. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

Day 11 - worked on my PP (priority piece) of steady head (no dipping) while maintaining centered turn x 5mins w/7i

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

(21)

Reviewed some fundamentals. Grip, alignment, posture. Just some static work. Took my setup with several different clubs, refreshing myself on all my preferences, thinking about some of the misses I tend to see. Did a few slow motion drills with my PW, 6i, and driver sequentially. Made a few short, lazy swings.

5 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

Power walk 4 miles.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2/24/18:

Day 330:

I worked on the "first move down" drill this morning for about five minutes. Mostly just trying to "feel" the motion, even though "Feel Ain't Real". Just trying to get the feeling that I'm starting the downswing with my arms.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator

Day 22 - February 24, 2018 - Five minutes (seven, really) working on my piece after junior elite. I made sure my backswing felt ridiculously short, then would let myself hit the ball pretty hard by "moving the box" and finished at punch-through length.

Day 24 - I set up my new net in the opening of my garage. Then spent about and hour working on my hip turn and pitch elbow. I kept making adjustments to the net trying to get the balls to stay put. For the most part it works. I only did a few full swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

DAY 86    Played in the weekly 9 hole scramble this morning.  Even at 8 under par for 9 holes we finished out of the money and missed I closest to the pin by less than a foot!!  Grrr!!!  Then went home to spend 30 minutes doing the drills on my KPlayer.  Then finally to the range for 2 1/2 hours trying to bring the drills on the KPlayer to the range (staying in posture and sequence).    Get home in just enough time to watch Tiger Woods bogey 15 and 17!! 

Day 55

Played 18 holes earlier. Actually played close to 30 holes, since l was the only one on the course. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 55

Took a few practice swings with driver, working mainly on turn and speed.

Took a few with an 8 iron, working on strike point, and hit a couple of balls.

15 minutes putting 3-6 foot putts, working on aim and stroke.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Day 24

chipped on my mat in the hallway for 25 minutes. Put a cup at different locations all over. Used my skilz soft balls and chipped into cups, or tried to that is. Got most of them, the longer ones were hard to get in the cup. 

Driver: :tmade: 2017 M1 9.5° / 3-wood: :tmade: AeroBurner 13.5° / Irons: :mizuno:  MP-69 (3-PW) / Wedges: :titleist: SM6 Vokey 50°, 54°, 58° / Putter: :titleist: Scotty Cameron Newport with SuperStroke 3.0 slim, 50g counterweight / Balls: :bridgestone:  Tour B330-S

NLC Cup 2017 Champion / Grand Master's Cup 2017 Champion / TDR Cup 2017 Champion / DTG Celebration Cup 2017 Champion

(22)

Still working on the inward hand path, and straightening of my back move in the takeaway. Feels were a bit shoddy today, but I'm also just tired. Finished up by putting in the kitchen for a few minutes.

15 reps with a minute pause in between full swing reps with a couple less aggressive warmup reps. Stretching hamstrings. Working on slow movements through the transition. Tai Chi slow with weight shift incorporated into movement. Also keeping the lead wrist well pronated. Full coil backswing, lead arm straight getting past parallel. I have to focus on retaining the C-spine posture. Used a roller to work the upper back/shoulders, lats, glutes and calve muscles.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano